PDA

View Full Version : collision problems, transparency problems

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 06:44
ok, in my peru level, i got objects (bushes, etc.) from tr1 in my peru wad, and i want there to be no collision on them all, because they have way too much and it's really hard to get around them, so how can i delete collision? yeah yeah i tried wadmerger, but that added a bunch of objects to my wad that did nothing, and made a blip of other object textures come up on the horizon, which is visible at almost all times during the level :(

and in my pompei level i have the vent object from trc, which uses regular textures and a black color for transparency, instead of purple, so in-game it comes out black instead of transparent, which ruins the effect I wanted...

any help?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

El Diablo
15th Jul 2002, 07:56
For the bushes, open the WAD in the latest StrPix 3. Scroll down to the static mesh you want no collision on and set all collision values to 0.

For the vent, you have to export the texture into a .BMP. Use StrPix 3 for this. When you have your .BMP, open it in a paint program and make all black areas pink. then import it back again onto the vent texture.

The Sage Of Time
15th Jul 2002, 08:02
The exact color value is 255, 0, 255 (if it isn't exactly this color it wont work)
I guess it was a good choice really, who in their right mind would use that color for anything? lol

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:18
thanx both http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:19
ok it worked with the peru wad, now for the hard part...:D

The Sage Of Time
15th Jul 2002, 08:33
Strpix chooses to corrupt WAD's on it's own, it's not a matter of what you do.. Sadly..

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:35
well, im glad you told me, or i never would have known... i'll be more careful, i got off lucky that time... thanx

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:37
also some of the textures for those plants were backwards, i fixed all those and did the collision thing, and there are no changes...:confused:

The Sage Of Time
15th Jul 2002, 08:41
Sometimes, oddly.. Certain objects wont change how they look in the editor, but will display properly in-game.
I believe this is because of too many textures in a WAD, although i've seen this mostly happen with TR1 statics..
Honestly I can't say the cause, but I know for a fact that as long as it looks right in Strpix and the WAD is saved...
It'll look right in-game too, if you're worried just check it on it real quick, always better safe than sorry I suppose.

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:57
I just checked it in-game. I don't know what it is that's wrong with strpix, I did all the steps and retextured, saved, etc. The textures are backwards in the editor and in-game, and the collision continues. I only wanted to get rid of that for the convenience of the player, but it doesn't matter that much... I will try again with strpix

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 09:06
I did it again and it worked, :) but now for the vent project.

Josep
15th Jul 2002, 14:00
I found some time ago some kind of bug with “StrPix 3.8” import/export feature. Exporting an object to a dfx file and importing without modifications can results in a “different” object. If the original object has triangular surfaces (something very usual) , the imported object can have different values for some of the polygons surfaces attributes (I am referring to Shiny, Transparency and Opacity). When one of the surfaces attributes mix shiny and transparency the Wad or the Tr4 will crash. Fixing the surface attributes will fix the problem. For that reason I am using to StrPix, the v1.6 to import and export and the v1.8 to fix the Shiny.

Josep