PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have TR on Gameboy??

Lil Lara
15th Jul 2002, 03:31
OK, I know that they have made a few TR games for the Game Boy... I was wondering if anyone here has them and would like to give us some information on them. Are they worth getting? Are they good?How do they compare to the "real" games??

AODfreak_967
15th Jul 2002, 03:59
Nope! but as a fan of all the Tomb Raiders Iwould like to buy it because it's getting really hard to find now. Plus I'd rather get the upcoming Angel of Darkness Gameboy Advanced version for more excitement!!!

JunoJIm
15th Jul 2002, 04:38
I have GB Advance - it's gotta bigger screen - the TR games are OK, once you get used to the different controls, not bad for being portable...:D

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 06:11
i got that second one, it was ok for a few minutes, but that second level was evil!!! it gave you five minutes to

not die
make it to some place where you didnt know where to go :D
not fall down off the roofs
not get hit by steam :mad:
get to the end, where you will die

then the next level was impossible and un-tomb raider like, i hated it! :mad: i expected a much better game! :(

CatSuit&Ponytail
15th Jul 2002, 12:10
I have the first one on GB Colour....and it is brutal. I haven't gotten out of the Royal Tombs yet........haven't played for quite a while, but I will get the other games, of course, evenually. Lara on GB is fun, pretty, portable, and graphically nostalgic. ;)

OuTR
15th Jul 2002, 17:01
I have the first one. It's definitly not like the PC or
PS versions. But for a handheld sidescrolling game it
still has good graphics and a good challenge.

Collin
15th Jul 2002, 18:58
There is a movie on the web. Posted a link here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=1854) if you would like to see what it looks like. ;)

the_internet_king
15th Jul 2002, 19:19
i have the first 1 that came out 4 gb colour its ok but i cant find all the handles so i gave up hehe well i did only rent it ......... they r good but the computer/ps ones are way betta:confused:

SMG
20th Jul 2002, 01:20
I played a little of the first TR game on Gameboy Color, and it seemed bland and the didn't really have the mysterious, errie atmosphere of the game. She can do alot of stuff, but controlling doesn't have the flow and grace of the game. The GBC controlling is very rigid compared the the PC and consoles.

Here's a link to some screenshots and a video of the upcoming Gameboy Advance version. It looks better than the GBC one, but doesn't hold a candle to Tomb Raider 1, in my opinion. Looks similar to Metal Gear Solid's view, and TR1's textures from the screenshots.
Click here for the goods (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/gba/index.html)