PDA

View Full Version : The Hylden's "trap."

KainSyndrome101
14th Jul 2002, 23:41
***BO2 SPOILERS***

Near the end of BO2, you learn that the damnation of the Balance Pillar caused a rift throughout the world, and opened up many dimensions. One of them was the Demon Dimension, and the Sarafan Lord was able to break through.

At the end of SR2, when Kain rips the Reaver from Raziel's chest, the alteration in history is great, so great in fact, that Kain's mind is boggled. What if this alteration caused another rift throughout the dimensions, and opened them up again, allowing more Hylden to come through?

Now, if this were to be true, it would probably mean that BO2 was an unaltered timeline. It doesn't matter to me though, since I'm on both sides.

warpsavant
15th Jul 2002, 01:27
I'd like to know why no demons appear in Nosgoths Early past, until after the "death" of Janos Audron.

If the demons could enter Nosgoth, maybe a Hylden could've entered as well.

Kain also speculates:

Kain V.O.:
Was it I then who had engendered this war? No. I had been set step by step upon the path that lead to this outcome. Hadn't this all been a Hylden plot from the beginning? My mind reeled at the implications.

It def would appear that the Hylden somehow gained a foothold in Nosgoth well before Kain refused the Sacrifice.

L_Master562
15th Jul 2002, 02:59
All on the fact we don't know who or what the Dark Entity's true form is. For all we know, it was a Hylden that manipulated Mortanious' flesh to only apear as a demon. It could well have only been an assumed visage of an underlings of the Hylden race. At least some demons apear to be. Then again, originaly a rumor started that the Saraphan lord was to be a person we knew already, right? If that was a true fact, who is to say the Hylden General wasn't the Unspoken. Too many names for the big evils. Confusing if you don't know what you are talking about. To think. The Unspoken set up Kain to damn Nosgoth eternally. The Hylden General used that fact to restore the Hylden from the demon dimension. Seems as both races shared the same dimension, and given the circumstances, don't the two beings seem likely as one. I always said that it would make sence from the beggining. Who knows, as we've been given a few curve balls already story wise. Hopefully things shall be resolved soon.

keepittrue
16th Jul 2002, 20:50
You know warp, I never even realised that. This could be a revolution.

warpsavant
16th Jul 2002, 20:58
What do you mean by a revolution? By who?

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jul 2002, 22:05
Perhaps Az meant revelation? :p

keepittrue
17th Jul 2002, 00:32
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Perhaps Az meant revelation? :p

keepittrue you mean, and yeah that is what I meant thanx Umah.