PDA

View Full Version : Script problems

Collin
14th Jul 2002, 22:37
I've been tampering with the script. I had no idea what I had to do, so I just tried what I thought of. So when it didn't work, I copied the original script and english files back into the \script folder. But now when I run the english script file I get this message:

converting script.txt

script.dat

warning: could not find 'us.txt'
warning: could not find 'japan.txt'
warning: could not find 'dutch.txt'

c:\program files\core design\trle\script>del ..\*.dat

c:\program files\core design\trle\script>copy script.dat ..\
invalid folder

c:\programfiles\core design\trle\script>copy english.dat ..\
invalid folder

c:\program files\core design\trle\script>del strings.h

I tried to install the script folder again, and I tried un- and reinstalling the whole trle. But I always get this message. And before this I didn't get it ('cause I made a change for the mirror line and all was well).

What am I doing wrong, or how can I fix this?

traider28
15th Jul 2002, 00:26
Edit your Script.bat file to this
script script.txt
move script.dat ..\
move english.dat ..\
move strings.h ..\
and it should work.:cool:

Collin
15th Jul 2002, 15:41
Thanks, it works now! :D

I forgot about that altering the file thingy. :D

Litepulsar
15th Jul 2002, 18:01
Thanks :) I had this problem as well, and forgot how to rectify it.

Multiview
20th Mar 2003, 04:33
Edit your Script.bat file to this... -traider28

traider28: What do you mean edit the BAT file?

How?

And if you could edit it to do that.... which I think mine does .... (I might have gotten this one from someome who modified it before) .... couldn't one modify it even further to go as far as moving the old ones in maybe... reconverting them or something so I can at least have something to copy n paste to the script.txt so I can thus... make a new dat file with ALL the new and old wads I've gotten ?

There's gotta be a simplier way to do this mess with the script thing.... I was sitting here earlier trying to figure out just what am I supposed to enter for some of this stuff...

I got 2 wads that came with one level once.... a jeep wad and a jungle one... heh... how do I reference it if it's one level and not two?

I'm totally baffled

Treeble
20th Mar 2003, 04:37
To edit: right click the BAT file and select "edit".
That simple.