PDA

View Full Version : Presenting...

darien_specter
14th Jul 2002, 07:57
... my new sig image - the first i've created! I feel so proud...

In the interest of guaging opinion, I'm also presenting an alternate version incorporating Raziel's clan color in his sigil. I'm having a hard time deciding aesthetically; I wanted to make a poll out of it, but something went wacko on the boards again, so if you care to register an opinion, feel free...

Here it is:
http://www.yoursighost.com/members/darien_specter/sig2.jpg

willow
14th Jul 2002, 08:04
Nice sig, but you should stick with the bottom one... the reason being is the top image is mixing warm and cool colors, which makes the image clash with itself. You can do this if your mixing complimentary opposites sometimes but that should be kept to a minimum and only if you want it to stick out (in case none of you know, complimentary opposites are red/green blue/orange etc.. and the name implies the real meaning).
So from an aesthetic standpoint I would stick with the cool tone version (besides I typically find cool colors more appealing for plain graphic design).

Rook
14th Jul 2002, 08:22
Ooohh, that is just too cool... I think I like the first one better, myself... But their both pretty nifty!

:D

Power reaver
14th Jul 2002, 12:40
I like the top 1 better too , under below kinda black and white if you ask me .

Jedilvr
14th Jul 2002, 16:42
I vote for the bottom one. It just goes together better being all dark. It just looks more LoK-ish.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2002, 00:48
Very cool indeed. Keep that up and we'll have another job for you on the TCoTUF site production team: Sig designer. :p

Sarah
15th Jul 2002, 00:58
Bottom one--both are good, but the bottom one "feels" right.

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 08:34
Well, after a full 24 hours, the results are in: the all-blue sig carries the weight of public opinion... which is also the way I was leaning.

Willow, your artist's perspective aesthetic logic was most compelling - I was hoping you'd comment in some fashion like that. (I've learned some stuff about colors in my theatre design classes, mostly in lighting, so your explanation was clear to me. :D)

Rook: yes, that's onething I wanted it for (grins mysteriously)... ;) though it seems the delay in our figuring the e-mailing out was fortuitous, because it allowed me to learn Fireworks first, which helped the quality a LOT...

Umah: Why, thank you. I would be honored... :D

Thanks for all the great feedback, and anyone else can feel free to still comment, if they like...

Sue in UK
15th Jul 2002, 08:54
It's a lovely design :)
I was going to vote for the bottom one anyway ... glad you chose it.

Azuriel
15th Jul 2002, 10:21
looks good Darien!

NZrevenge
20th Jul 2002, 14:08
You made the right choice sonny-boy. You may live.

You got some skillz there btw... :)

darien_specter
20th Jul 2002, 19:37
thanks all! :D