PDA

View Full Version : Now on PS4!

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Dec 2016, 11:12
'Go' has finally made it to PS4 for those (such as myself) who were waiting for it to. With the upcoming Holiday I haven't purchased it yet so I've no idea how good of a port it is so I can't comment on quality (feel free to do so if you have, I am curious).

a_big_house
9th Dec 2016, 21:07
I'll likely grab this over the Xmas break :D

Any idea if the Shard of Life DLC is included too?

WinterSoldierLTE
10th Dec 2016, 18:34
I'll likely grab this over the Xmas break :D

Any idea if the Shard of Life DLC is included too?

I think so. I know there's some kind of dlc that comes with it. What that is exactly I don't know. I haven't looked into it yet cos I gotta wait till after Xmas before I can get it. Got my gf's kid a ps4 for Christmas so shopping for myself is out of the question for awhile.

a_big_house
11th Dec 2016, 11:35
^ Mirror world doppelganger DLC :lol: Looks good to me. Ahh, aren't you a kind sir (you could always highjack that PS4 when the kid is asleep? :D

WinterSoldierLTE
11th Dec 2016, 12:37
"Mirror World", huh? Sounds inteteresting. I haven't looked up 'Go' on my mobile in a long time so I didn't even know there was more than 1 dlc for it.

Yeah I think that's the only way I'd get to touch it. He has a 360 right now, and you know how our parents told us we need to shut our games down because we spend way too much time playing them? Yeah, I understand that now. I've still got mine tho. It's just at my place is all and I'm only there maybe 4 days out of a month now.

WinterSoldierLTE
19th Jan 2017, 06:13
Finally had a chance to pick up and play 'Go' on PS4 today. I enjoyed it much more on console than I did on mobile. It's pretty solid except for one particular issue: the button mapping. Specifically throwing spears.

It's so easy to walk right into an enemy when you're trying to spear them thanks to having to use the L3 stick to aim the spear (L3 is also you're directional button for walking, for those unaware). I can't tell you how many times, even after 4 hours of playing it and having executed several spear throws I found myself walking in to an enemy instead of actually throwing the spear. Didn't matter how hard or lightly I held down the square button, every now and then I'd just walk right in to them. Which can be incredibly frustrating when it happens for the 9th time on the very last enemy you need to kill to clear an area. I do not understand why the directional arrows were not utilized for either aiming the spear or walking instead of both being handled by the same button.

Pretty solid port, otherwise. I really enjoyed it despite the above mentioned frustration. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't played it yet. It's pretty short, I marathoned it and had it beat in under 8 hours (admittedly with the help of "solution assist" or whatever it's called from time to time), but well worth full price on the PSN, IMO.