PDA

View Full Version : AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Spiiiiidderss!!!

Godfather
14th Jul 2002, 02:31
That Tomb Raider II is thé scariest Tomb Raider of them all, is old news. And that it's a great game, but not as good as any other Tomb Raider released (in my humble opinion; TR, TRIII, TRLR and even the short but astonishing TRC are a tad better; this doesn't make TRII any worse however ... it's just not always very fun to play; I think) is old news too. My question to you Tomb Raider-fans is this:

'When entering the Spider-level of Tomb Raider II and it's dark and creepy there; do you run fast to make it out as soon as possible or do you go very slowly guarding yourself with the heaviest of heaviest-shooting guns which causes the most damage in the least possible time? And do you have constantly a burning flare in your hand, because it's otherwise too dark to see whether Lara's guns in her hands are in rest or aiming (which means a Spider is coming closer) Recently, when playing this level !again!, I had run out of flares. Now, there is a packet of 6 flares in that level, but you have to make it through a small yet though piece of spider-filled part first? Tell me all about it; I think that if we would make a vote, this level would easily come out as the scariest of them all!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aquarius
14th Jul 2002, 02:53
If that were me, I wouldn't go in there in the dark.

I'd go back out to the water and drown her, and when she's about to drown, I'd save it. Then, when she does drown, I'd be like, "Oh, well look at that! She drowned right after I saved it. Guess I need to restart the level now......... :D

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 03:02
Please, TRC's Ireland levels were not at all scary. Those little abino things were so blocky they looked liked teddy bears.
TR2's Yeti caused me to jump out of my seat a couple of times.

And when i had to deal with the spiders i just turned down the volume. and i blasted away.

Right now, Im playing Doomsday Dungeon (sequel to Castle Doomsday) by Data. Now that is what scary is made of.

Godfather
14th Jul 2002, 11:33
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
Please, TRC's Ireland levels were not at all scary. Those little abino things were so blocky they looked liked teddy bears.
TR2's Yeti caused me to jump out of my seat a couple of times.

And when i had to deal with the spiders i just turned down the volume. and i blasted away.

Right now, Im playing Doomsday Dungeon (sequel to Castle Doomsday) by Data. Now that is what scary is made of.

If you like other games, have you ever played Max Payne?

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 18:55
Doomsday Dugeons and Castle Doomsday are custom TR levels.

I haven't tried Max Payne but i plan to, i've heard good things about bullet-time and such.

Solaris
14th Jul 2002, 18:58
Originally posted by Aquarius
If that were me, I wouldn't go in there in the dark.

I'd go back out to the water and drown her, and when she's about to drown, I'd save it. Then, when she does drown, I'd be like, "Oh, well look at that! She drowned right after I saved it. Guess I need to restart the level now......... :D

good idea....
im losing my memory what level was that again?

I remember one time when we were there (my cousin was playing) I said it would be funny if a giant spider came and knocked Lara of the edge of the landing and guess what! it actually happened. After that i had to keep my mouth shut or something could have happened....

Rose662
15th Jul 2002, 01:24
When I played the spider level in TR2, I covered this area slowly and with weapons drawn. That way I was able to get any spiders that tried to get Lara!

As for those flares - I had Lara go in there, grab the flares, very quickly draw weapons, and dispatch the spider! The key here is to be very quick. I had to try for the flares twice.

I didn't use any flares in that cave. I had the brightness on my monitor turned all the way up! It was still a bit dark, but not so dark so that I couldn't see.

:)

Mr Sinster
15th Jul 2002, 02:30
Godfather !!!!! you are soooooooooo wrong,TR2 is one of the BEST:mad: :mad: :mad:

Josi
15th Jul 2002, 08:52
I run :eek: , I'm soooo scared of that giant spiders :eek: , I hate that part of the game, the rest is great :D

Godfather
15th Jul 2002, 16:45
Originally posted by Mr Sinster
Godfather !!!!! you are soooooooooo wrong,TR2 is one of the BEST:mad: :mad: :mad:

Of course it's one of the best! I never said anything about this game being bad or disappointing or something. :eek: If you'd take a look at my top 10 of favorite games, you'd notice 5 TR-games, Max Payne and so stupid games to reach the number 10.

I'm just saying that I personally like the others better. Probably because from time to time, Tomb Raider II seems to have just too little variation. :( I could be wrong and hey!! I'll always enjoy playing this game, but I don't seem to enjoy the 'underwater-levels' for example as much since there are four or even five levels that have the same atmosphere while in Tomb Raider III or Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation; the atmosphere changes much more and that is a good thing!

Maybe Eidos realized this and that is why they changed the gameplay of Tomb Raider III in such a way that you can choose your own path (that is: after you finished the Indian levels, of course)

But I'm as much of a Tomb Raider II-fanatic (and Tomb Raider-saga-fanatic for that matter) as anybody else here. It's just ... everybody's got his own favorite Tomb Raider-game and mine is III or ... (I think, eventually I'd go for this one) Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation.

C ya!

No hard feelings I hope!

(i know you're not mad for real ... i hope!) :confused:

THE True Lara
16th Jul 2002, 09:57
I hate real spiders more, I just started yelling at the computer when the ones in TR2 came after me, they're more annoying than scary, like the rats, they're just so small and keep following you around nibbling at you..... ugh..

I know I'm vering off topic ever so slightly but has anyone seen 'You eight legged freaks'? I saw the advert at the cinema a few weeks ago it made my skin crawl and I thought it was an Arachnophobia remake until the title came up and I burst out laughing!

cjhilljack
16th Jul 2002, 13:58
I moved through this level slowly, with guns drawn and lighting flares only when needed, then dropping them conveniently so that I could still see but have guns out. Even after helping my friend with this level, I jumped every time a spider came at me and even when I played it again for the second time (getting all secrets that time), I jumped (and, yes, I admit it, yelped too:o).