PDA

View Full Version : Angel outfit finished

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 00:28
If you're wonder why my thread icon is pissed off, is it because this outfit caused me lots of agony to make.

Installing this outfit is very complicated than usual, so if you not good at at this sort of thing, don't use it.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/larazade/angel.txt

guns:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/larazade/angelhalo5.txt

Download (http://larzbritsh.topcities.com/myown/angel.zip)
It's extremely important to read the Readme.txt included with the outfit. If you run into trouble getting it to work, read it.

If anyone cannot dl, i will put up alternate download mirror.

Treeble
14th Jul 2002, 00:39
Wow, Larz, any sacrifice is worth in order to install it!

Congratulations!!!

traider28
14th Jul 2002, 01:10
:D You are very talented!! :D

The Sage Of Time
14th Jul 2002, 01:30
Is this the same outfit you were talking to me about earlier? Hmm.. Either way I think it turned out great!
It's original, and it looks good. You don't often see that anymore..

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 02:45
Anyone who tried to download at 7:40 today, download again.
because i deleted it to upload an updated one with credits.

I've been having a lot of problems with Lara_Scream and Hair objects in the TRLE. So this makes outfit editing very difficult.

Litepulsar
14th Jul 2002, 12:08
wow Larz, that's gorgeous :D sorry to hear you've had probs when creating it, I did too with the SassyCazzy outfit, it took me nearly THREE DAYS grrrr.

psiko
14th Jul 2002, 15:40
Great! it is so funny!

JohnnyZ
14th Jul 2002, 17:00
download link doest work :( also is that a wrong texture i see on the side of her leg? isnt it supposed to be white? :)

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 18:34
the pic with the wrong texture was taken 2 weeks ago. When i just started this outfit.

If you look at the final pics the textures are okay.

JohnnyZ - go here (http://larzbritsh.topcities.com/angel.html)

TR_Freak
14th Jul 2002, 19:56
excellent job! just like sage said... you dont see originality in outfits anymore and its great to see that! anyways congradulations on an excellent outfit! hope thats not the last we see of you!

traider28
15th Jul 2002, 00:21
I'm having a lot of trouble out of this.Trwest keeps corrupting my wads.But not going to give up!!:mad: :confused:

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 00:57
Traider28 - did you read the Readme.txt included.

Because i knew this would happen, it happened to me,

Use TRviewer to fix the problem

1. open the .tr4 in which you installed the outfit
2. select Hair object
3. right-click and import "hair.trmvb" included with the zip file
4. collaspe Lara_Scream so you can see all the individual meshes
5. find "mesh 14"
6. right-click, import "angel_head.trmsh" included with the zip.

If you want transparent guns at this point, impor all the
.trmvb gun files into their slots (they are named accordingly)

That is why i say that it's very important to read the readme.txt!

traider28
15th Jul 2002, 01:15
I did what the readme said but no luck,I had to leave out the six shooter anim. and put it in with wadmeger, but my wad got corrupted.Thanks for the help Larz.

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 01:25
Have you tried:

adding the outfit via WADmerger

or just open the .tr4 and look for messed up things, like is the hair made of butts, etc.

If you see anything irregular, it's probably the problem.
How is the .tr4 corrupt?

PS. this outfit works ok without the revolver.

The key is adding the revolver, and then working with [TRviewer to check for any irregularities.

traider28
15th Jul 2002, 02:46
Thanks for your help Larz, but it was my bad memory that caused this.The wad I am using is the only one that gets corrupted with trwest or is already corrupted.Cleopal.wad, the SWD was the cause of this.So anyway I fixed that and your outfit is KILLER!! THANKS :D

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 02:55
Im glad to see that you've got it fixed.
I feel guilty when i made an outfit that causes people a lot of trouble.

It would be so cool if someone made a level with my outfit.
Perhaps Lara is dead and she has to take care of her "unfinished business"
She'll travel along the clouds and kill demons and devils :p

nadiutta
15th Jul 2002, 03:14
Hi Larzbritsh, this the first time that I try to use another outfit for Lara. I was just lookinfg for something around the web and I found you!
I've already downloaded your outfit, because I like it and I wanted some white clothes.
The only problem is that I don't know how to use your files!
I never did it before.
Can you explain it to me, please?

Thanks
Nadia.

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 03:40
im horrible at explaining, but i'll give it a go:

1. extract everything to an empty folder

2. Download TRwest ;get it here, in the "Popular Downloads" section: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30

3. Download TRviewer (same link as above)

4. Open TRwest, go to "File" menu, and load angel.was as a reference file ("file menu -> load reference file")

5. Load the level WAD ("file menu -> load) you want to add to (from the directory: C:/Program Files/Core Design/trle/graphics/wads)

6. Hightlight Lara_Skin in the left window of TRwest, and click add.
Do the same to Lara_Skin_Joints, and Lara_Scream.

7. Hightlight SixShooter_Anim in the right window of TRwest, and click on delete

8. go to "file menu -> save" and save the level WAD.

9. Go to your trle folder and use the level converter to convert the level tom the outfit is in

10. Open TRviewer, load the level tr4 file, (in the trle/data folder)

11. Click on Movables, then Hair

12. If the Hair is made up of Lara's butt, right-click on "Hair" and click "Import trmvb"

13. Browse for hair.trmvb (in the folder you extracted the outfit's zip file)

14. the Hair should now be normal, now click on "Lara_Scream"

15. Collapse it so you see the individual meshes (click on the little + beside the name)

14. Go to the last mesh (mesh 14), right-click, select "import .trmsh"

15. Browse for angelhead.trmsh (in the folder you extracted the outfit's zip files)

16. If you would like semi-transparent guns, look in the readme file for instructions.

17. Save the .tr4 file. and you're done.

Note: if you want to add a normal outfit made by another person, you only need to do the first 8 steps.

Hope this was helpful.
----------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/larazade/trtbanner7.txt (http://larzbritsh.topcities.com)

traider28
15th Jul 2002, 12:02
Larz,thanks for your help but I found a bug or maybe it is suppose to do that,when look around the guns become non-transparent again. Like I said is this suppose to do that.Thanks

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 18:16
It's supposed to do that. Any semi-transparent object in the game turns to normal when you look.

But the angel effect is still there when you don't look.

PS. It's not a bug, that's how the game is.

moose562
15th Jul 2002, 21:41
That sure is one great outfit!

You should do one with horns and a tail and it could be devil Lara! now that would be a download i would have to do!

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 21:45
Danny K. has made a devil outfit:

http://larzbritsh.topcities.com/devil.html

and currently Level Planet is working on a Devil suit outfit (inspiration from Little Nicky movie)

I can make a head mesh with horns and a butt mesh with a tail, but if i do, i'll probably send it to Level Planet, so he can complete his outfit.

nadiutta
16th Jul 2002, 02:09
Thank you Larz. I did it! There's only a problem. Oh, I didn't use the transparent guns. But when Lara shoots, her face become like her...back! Why?
And another thing, I wanted to ask you if I can take off from your outfit the wings and the halo? If I can do that I'm sure I will use your outfit for my level. :)
You know, to be an angel can be too much binding! ;)

Bye Nadia

LarzBritsh
16th Jul 2002, 04:15
If her face becomes her back, then you didn't import angel_head.trmsh correctly.

Go back to TRviewer. Open the .tr4 file. Select Movables -> Lara_Scream, collapse Lara_Scream, select the last mesh (mesh 14), right click -> select import .trmsh, browse for angelhead.trmsh included with the outfit.

That should fix the head-butt thing, But i already told you to do this in my previous instructions.

If you want her wings and halo gone. Just tell me when your level will be released and i'll get it to you by then.

Tombs_On_The_Brain
16th Jul 2002, 17:25
that costume is enough to make me religious

nadiutta
17th Jul 2002, 19:16
Ok, I will try. You know, you told me to do only the first 8 step if I wanted a normal outfit and so i did :p
Anyway, thanks a lot and...I don't know when my level will be ready. I'm about at the half of the work. So...maybe..another months. Or maybe more because I have to move next week and I will have a lot of things to do....and then I will have some friends coming from italy so...I will be very busy next month! :D
Bye bye
Nadia