PDA

View Full Version : 20 Years (For Me)...

BlueSkiesXXV
22nd Nov 2016, 09:49
I still have the receipt for 'Tomb Raider', that I bought for PS1 in London, back on Friday 22nd November 1996 :)
When I got home from work today (22 November 2016), I also had a copy of '20 Years of Tomb Raider' sitting on my door step. The game, that I originally bought, can be seen in this photo. Here's to the next 20 years :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/20_zpscbywgkyw.jpg

Rai
22nd Nov 2016, 11:56
Wow, I'm impressed you still have the receipt for the original game. What made you keep it?. Also, as it was the first game, what attracted you to it?

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Nov 2016, 09:41
Wow, I'm impressed you still have the receipt for the original game. What made you keep it?. Also, as it was the first game, what attracted you to it?

Back in 1996 I hadn't had a games system for about 10 years and then the PlayStation came along.
However, at the start, the only good games (for me) were games like Battle Arena Toshinden (a beat-em-up) & Ridge Racer (a basic racer).

Then...along came Tomb Raider & Resident Evil (almost at the same time). OMG!!! These two games changed everything and 20 years later, are pretty much the only games franchises that I still play.

I still have the receipts for all the TR games :D