PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know how to make a floor...

GeckoKid
13th Jul 2002, 21:55
how to make a floor slowly drains health away? like those electricfied water in TRC sinking sub level? I know steam does that, but it doesn't cover the whole floor and it gives me bubbles and i afraid of having too many objects just becoz of covering the whole water with steam objects and triggers....

Data
13th Jul 2002, 22:21
I do not believe this is possible via any other means; sorry. ;)

El Diablo
15th Jul 2002, 07:50
You could texture the TEETH_SPIKES invisible (pink color) and lower them 3 clicks beneath the floor (place them on the ceiling).

GeckoKid
15th Jul 2002, 18:02
thanks
but i don't actually want lara to spit blood out...

what i want to do is make a steam pool, lara has to jump through it or she will loose health for boiling her...

El Diablo
15th Jul 2002, 18:23
TRViewer.

GeckoKid
15th Jul 2002, 18:30
er.... how?

El Diablo
15th Jul 2002, 18:48
I believe you can edit out the sprite images of the STEAM_EMITTER with it. ;)

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 18:52
is it possible to make the flame emitter three object invisible and make it so it doesnt catch her on fire, because usually if you get too close to it, you gradually lose health. this probly isnt possible, but who knows?

eTux
15th Jul 2002, 20:02
Originally posted by El Diablo
I believe you can edit out the sprite images of the STEAM_EMITTER with it. ;)

Hmm, can you edit the fire to be, for example blue and so on?
Sorry to butt in but noone replied about this when I made a thread on this :(

El Diablo
16th Jul 2002, 06:57
Originally posted by eTux
Hm, can you edit the fire to be, for example blue and so on?

I don't know. I can't anyway; I get black & white images. :confused:

Chronicles5
16th Jul 2002, 07:06
in one of my levels, there are a bunch of flame_emitters in a particular room, and when these trigger, they dont have round smoke coming out, it is actally square smoke... weird huh :rolleyes: this is not a big problem or anything, but can this be fixed, and was i lucky- is this related to changing object animations at all?? :D

El Diablo
16th Jul 2002, 07:37
Originally posted by Chronicles5
in one of my levels, there are a bunch of flame_emitters in a particular room, and when these trigger, they dont have round smoke coming out, it is actally square smoke... weird huh :rolleyes: this is not a big problem or anything, but can this be fixed
Yes, by finding a WAD with a DEFAULT_SPRITES and then importing that object into your WAD.

daniel
31st Jul 2002, 13:57
Hi,

I wanted to change the sprites of the Flame emitter 3 (you know, the sprites that are displayed when you type in 3 or 4 in the OCB) for creating some very cool effects, but I can´t find the sprites. I´ve already tried using TRviewer before I had read this thread, but all I get are some black and white sprites, no fire or something like that.
The question now:
Does anybody know how to extract and import sprites from tr4 Levels? I haven´t found any possibilities yet, but I´m sure it can be done.
Cu
Daniel
PS: cool new forum! :D we would need also such a new forum software in our German eidos forum :(