PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious scales

Piega
13th Jul 2002, 20:59
I am trying to get the scales to work. But a big mystery will be unsolved I'm afraid. I extracted the project and looked how it was setup. The scales seem to have 2 special triggers stacked wich is not possible to setup. A flame emitter 2 is placed with an OCB to flip a room just like the burning floor object.

I tried to work out different triggers but with no luck. The Ahmet returning to it's cage works fine. It is the flame emitter that does not flip the map. I think because of the special triggers beneath the scale. I tried to use trprj by Ale to create the double special triggers but it cant be done. I tried to use the original wad, it crashes the game.

I tried to use the info from Magplus but the Ahmet will only return 2 times and the scale becomes useless. I suppose this is one of the hardcoded things and mysteries of the editor...:(

Piega
13th Jul 2002, 21:45
:) :) :) Never mind!!! I know exactly now how to setup this complicated puzzle. The trprj and flooredit programs do not show it properly!

GeckoKid
13th Jul 2002, 21:51
actually what do you mean?

i don't even know what trap are you making :(

Piega
14th Jul 2002, 07:02
Never played last revelation? In the last level temple of horus there are 3 scale puzzles. You have 2 waterbags and the right amount of water must be poured to escape the room. When the wrong liters of water are poured the Ahmet comes out. You can try the scale again only when you kill it.

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 06:58
that was a fun puzzle! :) I once used the scales for decoration, pretty effective.