PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Fire Pole !!!!!

Storm Chaser
13th Jul 2002, 19:22
Added 6 stacked fire poles to Lost castle and although they are there and can be climbed, they don't show up in the game.

Weird - please enlighten me someone.

voncroy
13th Jul 2002, 19:25
COol,
can we have a screen maybe? Tnx

CU VC

Storm Chaser
13th Jul 2002, 19:33
Errrrrrr no - I've removed them and redone the section and added a climb instead as I wanted to get lost castle finished.

Sorry - actually I've just though, if i reload a previous save and reconvert it then they will reappeare.

voncroy
13th Jul 2002, 19:37
:mad: :mad: :mad: hm...ok......no problem :mad: :mad: :mad:

cu voncroy :mad:

Storm Chaser
13th Jul 2002, 20:50
TARAAAAAAA

Heres the picture of Lara "not up a pole" - free form flying anyone?

www.geocities.com/stormchasertrle/pole.html

Cool effect and I've no idea how............:cool:

jbc21
14th Jul 2002, 11:38
I have exactly the same problem... The climbing pole do not appear in game! And I don't know how to solve the problem... I'll try to integrate the pole from another wad...

JB

Storm Chaser
14th Jul 2002, 20:54
Weird - The pole is the one designed for the wad - I modified the coatal wad but its the pole that was already in the coastal wad...so........who knows.

Storm Chaser
20th Jul 2002, 12:51
Anyone know the answer to this bug?????? Please

aktrekker
20th Jul 2002, 15:39
I seem to remember from about a year ago that at least one of the wads had invisible poles in it. You had to copy the pole from a different wad.

jbc21
21st Jul 2002, 06:34
I checked the pole in the coastal wad, and it is textured with invisible textures (pink/purple) thus invisible in game!
I textured it in Strpix with visible textures and it works very good!
So for people with the problem of invisible pole, there are 2 solutions:
-retexture the pole with Strpix
-use TRWest to integrate a "normal" pole from another wad to your wad!
I didn't check which other original wads have the "invisible" textures on the pole but karnak and cleopal wads are ok

Hope that helps!

JB

Storm Chaser
21st Jul 2002, 19:58
Thank you for that info - I'll add to my "useful TRLE text file" that I keep for moments like that.

traider28
21st Jul 2002, 23:03
This is not a bug.Its suppose to be invisible or the animating rope like a cobra wouldn't look very good.You can't climb an animating object.A lot of you probably all ready know this.But a very cool effect.Cheers:)

jbc21
22nd Jul 2002, 07:03
You're right Traider 28!!! The pole in coastal.wad was textured with invisible texture ON PURPOSE, so that it won't show up after the cobra-rope animation is triggered. The invisible pole is just a structure that Lara can climb to reach the upper room, as the animation itself is not climbable. (I didn't check the coastal.prj, but I suppose the pole is set on "invisible" OCB and then is triggered to be picked up. ???)
Anyway, my previous post is still valid! And then I suppose all other wads have a normal textured pole.

JB