PDA

View Full Version : The Tomb Raider-movie!

Godfather
13th Jul 2002, 19:00
Are you happy with the result of the first Tomb Raider-movie ... or do you think it should have been an animated kinda movie like Final Fantasy (with becoming a fiasco despite some great graphics ... like Final Fantasy!)? Well? :confused:

Lil Lara
13th Jul 2002, 20:30
Today, I was just thinking about what it would be like if they made a whole computer animated version of a TR movie. I think it would be cool, but not the same. I'm glad they made the movie into a real-life kind of deal. The first movie was good... but it could've been way better, more true to the game. What I think would be cool, was if they tied in the games somehow...like mentioned one of the characters... or one of the expeditions. When I first heard that they were making the first movie, the first thing I thought was, " Where is it going to be placed in the series? Is it going to be after this game... or that game..or what?" But of course, it had nothing to do with the games, as far as that part was concerned.

Mr Sinster
14th Jul 2002, 01:26
I did like the movie,though it would also be cool if they made a TR cartoon series,done like the Lucozade ad.........
Or even a movie done in the same CGI. :D

DaveJ
14th Jul 2002, 08:02
Live action.
CGI is fine for Shrek and filling in the holes in Star Wars movies....but movies still need people in them to relate to. And if the lead does most of her own stunts, it is even more engaging.

fourletterword
14th Jul 2002, 08:59
Originally posted by DaveJ
Live action.
CGI is fine for Shrek and filling in the holes in Star Wars movies....but movies still need people in them to relate to. And if the lead does most of her own stunts, it is even more engaging.

./That's right.

Ann-Marie
14th Jul 2002, 10:20
Hi there!
I liked the movie as it was. I like live action. I think it´s better than cartoons but that is my opinion. I think the scenes in the warious tombs where astonishing.

Have a nice day!!

Godfather
14th Jul 2002, 11:28
Originally posted by Ann-Marie
Hi there!
I liked the movie as it was. I like live action. I think it´s better than cartoons but that is my opinion. I think the scenes in the warious tombs where astonishing.

Have a nice day!!

HEY!! You're from Sweden!! I LOOOOOOVE Sweden!! :p I don't know why, but I've always been in love with Sweden ... for their music, football, beautiful women, nice country (clean country when comparing to Brussels and Antwerp) ... I think everybody's got a favorite country and mine is Sweden. :cool:

The reason why I say that is because you said:" Have a nice day." And because I'm a true Roxette-fan!!, I automatically looked what country you were from and I noticed Sweden. Are you a fan of Roxette as well and are you proud that bands like ABBA, Roxette and even Europe made it worldwide or doesn't that make any difference? C ya! :D

Ann-Marie
14th Jul 2002, 12:06
Yes I´m a fan of Roxette and ABBA to, but I like other kind of music stiles, like U2 and Aerosmith for an example. I´m sorry to say that I´ve never been to Antwerpen. But I hope to go there some day.

About music, what do you think of the Tombraider CD, with music from the movie??

Some different from the music style that the games have, isnt´it?

TombLady
14th Jul 2002, 13:46
We've discussed about it several times in the old forum...in my opinion I would have loved it if TR movie was a CG one, just like the wonderful FMVs in the original series.

Crofterz
14th Jul 2002, 16:45
Loved film, love soundtrack........... it's in my CD player right now
*Turns music up*
"Anybody with a high votes low....."
Live-action was better then a whole CGI movie - and Angie is just one AMAZING woman!!

KandiDuran
15th Jul 2002, 23:35
I liked the movie overall......I just hope that this next one will be awesome.

I just posted another thread about Virtual Lara and maybe a movie for her!

Sugar Sprinkled Starfish
16th Jul 2002, 18:47
Live action. How in the hell would I have discovered Julian Rhind-Tutt otherwise? ;)

Godfather
16th Jul 2002, 19:18
Originally posted by Ann-Marie
Yes I´m a fan of Roxette and ABBA to, but I like other kind of music stiles, like U2 and Aerosmith for an example. I´m sorry to say that I´ve never been to Antwerpen. But I hope to go there some day.

About music, what do you think of the Tombraider CD, with music from the movie??

Some different from the music style that the games have, isnt´it?

It's ok that you've never been in Antwerp. If you ever come to Belgium and you wanna do some serious site-seeing, you should go to Antwerp, Brussels, Brugge and Gent (the four biggest of our cities!), but if you wanna come to Belgium for enjoying yourself; for the atmosphere; you've GOTTA come to the CITY OF DIAMONDS ... which is Antwerp of course! It's one of the most pleasant places in the world ... it's gotta be! :cool: (I'm from Antwerp myself; you see!)

As for U2 and Aerosmith; those are two artists I truly respect for what they've done, but I can't say I'm crazy about them. I rather like true rock 'n roll like Bryan Adams, Alannah Myles, Shania Twain, AC/DC and mainly any music with a fine guitar (preferably some with the word ROCK in it!! :cool: yeah!!) sounds good to me! I also like Dire Straits, Guns 'n roses, Crash Test Dummies, ...

And yes! I believe Lara Croft isn't particularly a fan of U2, but I see her as a true ROCK-fanatic myself! Driving in her jeep with her hair in the wind against 200 km/hour (which is very fast you know; for the ones that are not used with the term km, but with the term miles!) and then some true (pop)ROCK-song like "The look" by Roxette, "Money for nothing" by Dire Straits or "Speed" by Billy Idol (from the movie Speed ... now that's a rock song! Yeah, baby, yeah!)

And finally: yes! I think the music from the movie sucks! Sorry for my language, but that's how I feel about it! They should have used a mix of good rock-music and some classical, typical (* la The Rock or Jurassic Park) kinda film music! Anyway: that's my personal opinion! :D

LaraAngelOfDarkness
16th Jul 2002, 23:33
Yes TR could be good in CGI form, but even CGI could not save the Final Fantasy movie because it wasn't even based on any of the games or have anything from them not even one character even though there are different people in each and every game. There are only 2 videogame movies who almost got Videogame to Movie transfer right and they are Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.