PDA

View Full Version : OCB for the pushable objects?

eTux
13th Jul 2002, 14:46
Is there an ocb that makes the pushable objects, not pushable?(like the planets in the Lost Library after they are placed on the right spot.)

I think there was one in the list, Crazie2jk (sory if I write the name wrong) made, but the ocb doesn't work :(

So is there an OCB for that?

Collin
13th Jul 2002, 15:05
In the list I have it says 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5 make a block unpushable. Haven't tried it, though. :(

psiko
13th Jul 2002, 18:51
if you want, we can try some "strange" experiment :D LOL

only when all the pushable objects are in their correct positions, some raising blocks textured with PURPLE color (so INVISIBLE) will raise UP in the position where the P.O are NOW... (you can try even with the HELP of the friendly rolling ball in a not connected room to raise up those Raising blocks just only when the P.O are in the correct position)

in this way the P.O shouldn't be pushable anymore, but 4-click climbable... if you don't want them to be climbable, simply do the ceiling just the same hight or one more click higher... even just in the corrispondence of the correct positions, then HIGHER all around:)

hope this helps :)

inchdix
14th Jul 2002, 07:33
Psiko..... I am pretty sure you will find that the raising block will also raise the elevation of the push object ....... so if you textured the raising block as you said above, the PO would appear to float in the air.

The OCB codes 1-5 merely mean that all 5 PO's have to be in place before the required event occurs (and that each PO goes to a certain spot).

You could experiment using the planet effect object which appears once you have correctly positioed a PO in this level...... its possible that it is this object which prevents the PO being moved again....... dunno but worth a try.

INCH

psiko
14th Jul 2002, 15:33
Originally posted by inchdix
Psiko..... I am pretty sure you will find that the raising block will also raise the elevation of the push object ....... so if you textured the raising block as you said above, the PO would appear to float in the air.

This sounds right :D
I haven't time to test it, but I think there is a solution for this :D
Position the P.O in the ceiling and low them pressing the floor+/- buttons... this means that the position of the P.O.s won't be affected by the FLOOR squares but by the ceiling ones... (well, I hope :D)
If this works (and Lara's animations work), make a constant ceiling, those raising blocks won't affect the position of the P.Os... if it is all wrong, try something else, like a little flipmap... but if this works, it can be used for a funny new enigma :) ;)