PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Players' Opinions

YardFowl
12th Nov 2016, 14:57
Greetings, all.

I have created this thread for the purpose of the airing of the views and opinions of the PS4 players who have finished the game. Those holding out for used copies/price drops are welcome to give their opinions once they do play it.

I havd just about finished the main story. It took me about a month. The game is indeed great. But I do not find it as good as 2013/Definitive, Uncharted 4, or better yet, Uncharted 2. I must say that in terms of story, tightness of combat and general "compelling feeling", I prefer 2013/Definitive. That game had a tense, gritty feel that I enjoyed immensely. I found this to be somewhat lacking in Rise. The story, while interesting, was also less compelling. However, I praise the depth of tomb raiding, which was FAR superior to 2013/Definitive, as well the volume of things to do aside from the main story.

Your opinions?

Toomeeyrader
17th Nov 2016, 02:26
I thought it was equally as good as the previously released game i love the under water levels i just tend to swim around underwater but sometimes it wouldnt let me dive deeper under water when i wanted to i think they should let lara be able to dive deeper if the player wanted too,
Other that this great game that im still going to play with lots of replayability.

Steel_Wing
21st Nov 2016, 13:39
I thought it was pretty solid around without really blowing me away. Overall it seemed quite an improvement on TR2013 with a lot better focus on the puzzles aspect though the later sections seemed to put exploration aside for set-piece combat situations which took away a bit for the experience. The locations and story were a lot more exciting than 2013 and I liked Lara being a bit tougher even though I found myself thinking why can't we get Keeley back to do the voice acting. I did get more a of sense of wonder in some parts and when I ignored the cues telling you where to go I massively enjoyed exploring. When this game goes for the raiding/exploring angle it is TR on top-form but sadly the combat often seems to get in the way of that.

With all the extras I look at Baba Yaga and think this is the kind of direction I hope they pursue as that was really fun but the CDA stuff a bit less fun. For a classic fan the nostalgia of the manor and the attire from the old games was a very nice touch.

xTHORGALx
23rd Nov 2016, 08:56
With all the extras I look at Baba Yaga and think this is the kind of direction I hope they pursue as that was really fun but the CDA stuff a bit less fun. For a classic fan the nostalgia of the manor and the attire from the old games was a very nice touch.
I was already thinking about buying the season pass or the story dlc for the XboxOne version but good thing i didn't do it. After playing it on Ps4 definitely not worth the money. Baba Yaga is way too short, ridiculous plot and really not fitting in any way into the main game.

Overall i liked RotTR more compared to TR and also Uncharted. While Uncharted is boring duck & cover only relying on presentation (i mean all those nice made cutscenes that look like but are not real time), RotTR gives me more variety durong combat, nice survivor part, a better plot and everything is real time.

Telekill
3rd Dec 2016, 16:02
I got my copy and played through the main story in a couple weeks. I found it to be pretty obvious on the plot twists with most the characters being pretty two dimensional. Lara seemed to be loosing her mind a few times; definitely not the strong minded person that we left at the end of the first game.

The gameplay was nearly identical so that's a plus. The location wasn't as fun to play around in. Some areas felt like a complete maze which maybe is what they were going for.

I tried starting on the BabaYaga DLC and by then I simply was board with the game. Honestly, I think having that year wait surrounded by negative connotation destroyed this series for me.

Rai
3rd Dec 2016, 19:05
Can you explain what you mean when you say Lara seemed to be losing her mind? In what ways? Can you be more specific with examples?

Because to me, Lara seems more confident, more determined regardless of anyone trying to dissuade her, like Jacob for example. If there are any indication of Lara not being quite sound of mind, then I'd say that was consistent with the trauma she went through and maybe a slight indication of PTSD. But I can't think of any examples.