PDA

View Full Version : ps3

abernathy2
9th Nov 2016, 13:31
Does anyone know If rise of the romb raider will Be released on ps3 platforms?

xTHORGALx
10th Nov 2016, 04:42
Ps3 is not powerful enough for the game and so there'll be no port for this system. Just look at MGSVTPP. While the 360 runs with stasble 30fps the Ps3 version runs at horrible 20fps. You also can not compare it to the first TR game. Even Shadow of Mordor runs with massive tearing and framedrops on Ps3, while on 360 it's very stable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In3osfKXYFc

There was a time exclusive deal for XboxOne/Ps4 only and if it was possible, SE would have released a Ps3 version long ago.

BlueSkiesXXV
10th Nov 2016, 09:57
If a game can be made to run on a 360, trust me, it could be made to run on a PS3 (*if* they wanted to).

maryjblige
13th Nov 2016, 03:19
^ That's not necessarily true. If a game designed to run specifically on the 360, and then port to the PS3, they would have to change a lot..like Ninja Gaiden 2 for example.

It will probably never come to the PS3. Would take too much time, effort and money. And I doubt it would sell well especially considering it's about to be 2017. We only got a 360 version because of the exclusivity deal.

abernathy2
14th Nov 2016, 15:21
^ That's not necessarily true. If a game designed to run specifically on the 360, and then port to the PS3, they would have to change a lot..like Ninja Gaiden 2 for example.

It will probably never come to the PS3. Would take too much time, effort and money. And I doubt it would sell well especially considering it's about to be 2017. We only got a 360 version because of the exclusivity deal.

OnyxPrime2016
14th Nov 2016, 15:55
Ps3 is not powerful enough for the game and so there'll be no port for this system. Just look at MGSVTPP. While the 360 runs with stasble 30fps the Ps3 version runs at horrible 20fps. You also can not compare it to the first TR game. Even Shadow of Mordor runs with massive tearing and framedrops on Ps3, while on 360 it's very stable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In3osfKXYFc

There was a time exclusive deal for XboxOne/Ps4 only and if it was possible, SE would have released a Ps3 version long ago.

in that video i see the xbox 360 running most of the time at 20fps same as ps3 and dropping even lower than ps3 to 18fps, saying that ps3 is not powerful enough(when in fact it's more powerful than the xbox360) and that 360 runs better when it clearly runs the same or even worse is questionable

xTHORGALx
15th Nov 2016, 18:53
in that video i see the xbox 360 running most of the time at 20fps same as ps3 and dropping even lower than ps3 to 18fps, saying that ps3 is not powerful enough(when in fact it's more powerful than the xbox360) and that 360 runs better when it clearly runs the same or even worse is questionable
I don't know what video you're talking about (probably not the one i've posted) but most time it's running at around 29-30fps and sometimes dropping down to 26fps on 360, while on Ps3 it's running most time at almost stable 20fps.

@BlueSkiesXXV
The Ps3 is harder to handle for developers because of its architecture. That's why most multiplatform games run worse on this system compared to 360 or/and with lower details. Why do you think Sony changed the way the usually design a hardware with the Ps4 ?