PDA

View Full Version : Cistern! Awesome flashback to 1996.

NORTHBOERN1
3rd Nov 2016, 15:38
I ran the cistern last night in ROTT. Man, did that bring back memories of my first year at college. I'm liking ROTT a ton, but the feeling the first TR gave as you explored was amazing. My sons are playing this as the first TR so I hope I can see that excitement through them.

Error96_
3rd Nov 2016, 22:27
I love that feeling of exploration and the original games are probably the best games ever made from this. The sad thing is that in recent TR games the exploration element often ends up being sacrificed for an overabundance of action sequences and fast pacing which is a huge shame. When you get vast beautiful areas to explore without the constant cutscenes or Lara vocalising hints is great. To get that true atmosphere and exploration though you probably have to look to the classics as I don't think the modern TRs quite capture that.

Tallantis
5th Nov 2016, 02:29
Had the same thought but no Pierre found. xD

BlueSkiesXXV
5th Nov 2016, 09:46
:thumb:

Indeed & fighting the bear + walking in it's cave also had a cool classic TR vibe.
It would have been awesome if the classic TR tune played at least a couple of times when walking into large explorable areas.

I still hold out hopes that she will start to become LARA CROFT in the next game & that shes heads back to places like Egypt when they finish the 'Trinity' trilogy...Lara Croft with the confidence, sassiness & dual pistolas!!! :)

Photodinopathy
7th Nov 2016, 10:13
:thumb:

Indeed & fighting the bear + walking in it's cave also had a cool classic TR vibe.
It would have been awesome if the classic TR tune played at least a couple of times when walking into large explorable areas.

I still hold out hopes that she will start to become LARA CROFT in the next game & that shes heads back to places like Egypt when they finish the 'Trinity' trilogy...Lara Croft with the confidence, sassiness & dual pistolas!!! :)

Now you talking and I completely agree. I would love to see Nathan McCree doing some music for the next TR and Lara back a bit more confident and sassy.