PDA

View Full Version : Who want to TRY to kill me?

Startopiafr
13th Jul 2002, 03:47
Who want to fight with me the night of the saturnday-sunday (13-14)?
GameSpy, Startopia 1.0.1, internet connection and a mouse.
begin : 23:00

AlphaOmega
13th Jul 2002, 03:58
How bout you post you time in GMT... Theres a whole lot of differnt 11:00's out there...

SkrasherSmasher
13th Jul 2002, 12:27
How exactly do you post time in GMT, because where I live it says all times are -5 hours, the time is 8:25 AM. Does that mean in GMT it's actually 3:25 AM? If it is, I really have to go to bed, because I must have woken up really early to be, what? Oh ok, so my time isn't the same as GMT, ok.

DMA57361
13th Jul 2002, 16:04
Erm.

GMT = Grewinch (sp?) (ignoring day light savings).
CET = Central Europe = GMT+1

So GMT 15 = CET 16

-5 means u are on the US East coast I think, so
GMT 15 = WhereUR 10.

(eg, 8:27am time you posted there, I see 1:27pm recorded here)

Startopiafrance
13th Jul 2002, 20:42
Oups.
I will post a new mesage for all world...

AlphaOmega
13th Jul 2002, 23:43
Posting a time in GMT just makes everyones lives easier, because to convert it to their own time, they simply need to know their GMT offset.

Ex. Vancouver = GMT -0800

23:32 GMT
- 08:00
= 15:32 GMT -08:00 (Pacific Time)

Translate it to the 12 hour clock = 3:32PM

Ta-da!

Startopiafrance
14th Jul 2002, 12:48
I'm GMT +1

So :
Vancouver = 3:32PM
Greenwich = 11:32PM
Me = 12:32PM

right?

NZrevenge
14th Jul 2002, 12:58
Yep, and me = 12:32am (GMT +1200)

Maybe I should go to bed right about now...

AlphaOmega
14th Jul 2002, 20:33
Originally posted by Startopiafrance
I'm GMT +1

So :
Vancouver = 3:32PM
Greenwich = 11:32PM
Me = 12:32PM

right?
Not unless you live in some kind of insane time vortex. After every 12 hours we switch from AM to PM. So it would be 12:32AM!

SkrasherSmasher
14th Jul 2002, 21:36
"Let's do the time warp aga..." Wait where am I?? I'm getting this whole GMT thing now, thanks!

Note: I'm looking at my post count. Where are all of my posts coming from??? Hypathetical question, I don't need 20 people telling me I either (A) Have no life outside the forum (B) Spam or (C) The Mods are boosting my post count for their own nefarious reasons...

Ghyron
14th Jul 2002, 22:51
It's obviously the nefarious Mod-Conspiracy...

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 06:39
There you go again spamming away at someone else, calling them a spammer as you continue to spam yourself!

Spam. Only you can stop it.
EDIT: Yes, this a joke.

DMA57361
15th Jul 2002, 11:49
/me has noticed an infinate loop of people accusting ppl of spamming, then they get accused of spamming, then they get accused of spamming .. ... .. .

Yes. That does including this post.

In future, if no one accuses other of spammage, surely that helps solve the problem?

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 12:01
No. Stop spamming. :rolleyes:

EDIT: If we did that then some people would just abuse it and spam until the cows come home!
EDIT: I am only joking here!

DMA57361
15th Jul 2002, 14:37
No. If someone is guineunly spamming, that is what the "Report to Mod" button is for!

If they are not, say they make a small reply like Ghyrons "It's obviously the nefarious Mod-Conspiracy..." down there - don't moan. Plz?

Ghyron
15th Jul 2002, 18:29
Originally posted by DMA57361
If they are not, say they make a small reply like Ghyrons "It's obviously the nefarious Mod-Conspiracy..." down there - don't moan. Plz?

I've read, and re-read that sentence several times and I still can't figure out what it means...

DMA57361
15th Jul 2002, 18:58
Originally posted by DMA57361

That is because it is stealth-spam, that which you cannot detect as spam until it is too late . . . :rolleyes:

Um. Yeah. It does not make sense . . . Here's that whole post again soit makes sence:

No. If someone is guineunly spamming, that is what the "Report to Mod" button is for!

If they are not intending to spam, like the small reply by Ghyrons "It's obviously the nefarious Mod-Conspiracy..." that is up there ^ - don't moan, cause they didn't intend to spam. That way we don't get the "Spammer", "Me, what about you" loops . . . . Plz?

Ghyron
15th Jul 2002, 21:17
Did you ever realize that by discussing spam we are spamming ourselves? :eek:

SkrasherSmasher
15th Jul 2002, 22:58
No what do you mean?

Do you mean I'm spamming?

I don't think what I'm doing is spamming!

Don't anyone accuse me of spamming!

Did you notice you just posted another 1 sentance reply Ghyron? That within itself is spam and I'm gunna report all of you!!!!!

P.S. I am joking. Ha ha ha.

MunkeeChum
16th Jul 2002, 09:44
My head hurts....

DMA57361
16th Jul 2002, 11:28
Originally posted by Ghyron
Did you ever realize that by discussing spam we are spamming ourselves? :eek:

That is what I meant in my non-sensible post.

DARN! Did it again. :rolleyes:

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 04:45
Let me get this straight. You guys are saying that discussing spam is the same as spamming itself so that each time we spam about other people's spam against yet another person's spam we are infact just as bad as the original spammer, the spammer who originally spammed something in an attempt at humour but was shot down because another spammer decided to call it spam and thereby destroy the rest of the spam infested thread by allowing it's posters to spam about spam until someone finally got sick of the foul-tasting spam and decided to try and put a stop to it. Unfortunately the guy trying to put a stop to accidentally spammed as he was try to de-spam the spam infested thread. This lead to more spammy spams about spam, a process that only my good friend Mufasa could explain:

*Puts on deep lion-like voice
Simba, when we post something humourous, we get turned into spammers. Forum members feed off the spam, and we make more humourous jokes at those members. And thus, the circle of spam is completed.
*Runs off into a stampeding horde of anti-spammers and dies

DMA57361
17th Jul 2002, 11:54
Yeah. Something like that. :rolleyes:

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 11:58
You spammer! :eek:

DMA57361
17th Jul 2002, 12:04
What did you call me!?!?!? :mad:

Ok. I am no longer responding to this. Honest Guv™. :rolleyes:

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 12:15
Okay, I'm getting dizzy...

So you cracked a joke at my explanation of spam.
I explained Mufasa's infinite spam loop
You made a joke about it
I called you a spammer, thereby completing one loop
You made another joke, causing the cycle to begin once more.
I am about to call you a spammer again and complete this revolution.
You must logically post a joke next, in order for the circle to continue being... a circle

STOP SPAMMING YOU SPAMMY SPAMMER OF SPAMINESS!!!!!1!!

Okay, that's my last post on this thread. I don't want to push things any further... DMA, I can just pretend you posted if you don't wanna risk it. I can just imagine that this strange little circle is going round and round and round in my head!

DMA57361
17th Jul 2002, 12:23
NZrevenge. I'm gonna be nosey now and ask - do you use the "Invisible Mode" that's in the profile settings? Cos in the space of my posts here you have not been reported as logged in, or browsing this forum. Are you paranoid or do you just sit in the forum 24/7 hunting to spam the spammers in you infinate loop thingy - and don't want us to know about it?

Or. Am I just plain wrong . . . ?

I'm on to you! There's no escape! Muwhahahahaha*cough*hahahaha*cough*cough* . . . man I gotta practice that . . .

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 12:34
I have been logged in the whole time! It's just that I have email notifications on, and I've set Outlook Express to check my email once every minute, so I'm typing up a huuuuuge email to Umah Bloodomen, and every time I here the new email sound, I know where and when there's been a new post, and I can respond straight away!

Then only downside to this method is that in the time it takes me to sleep, go to school and then get back online, I'll have amassed 20-30 emails from this place...

Yes, I do have a life, but only on Fridays and Saturdays... No, I don't sleep much...

EDIT: To make things clear, the email notification gets me to spend most of my time in the general forums, but I flit back and forth freely. If you want to see my name, go look in the forum listings at the very bottom.

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 13:25
Hear Hear!

THE SPAMMISH INQUISITION HAS BEEN CALLED OFF! NO MORE WORRY ABOUT SPAM OR RELATED PRODUCTED FOR POST COUNT HAS BEEN SLAIN!

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 13:38
I think this post needs to be deleted.

*Ghyron looks at the report post button*

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 13:42
You want to report your own post to AlphaOmega? Fine by me! http://forums.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/imagescamo/smilies/devious.gif

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 13:45
I meant thread... uh oh.

AlphaOmega
17th Jul 2002, 20:04
When you feel the need to Spam, take it to the Tomb Raider forum!

I hearby kill your annoying infinite loop.