PDA

View Full Version : Garrett at work!!

THEthief
13th Jul 2002, 03:41
Here's a link to something I made. Now, this is about 218 kb, so it takes awhile to fully load (not too much time, but enough), because it contains TONS of frames; I might adjust the quality at a later date, I'm not sure. ANYWAYS, without further ado, I present: GARRETT AT WORK!! http://www.geocities.com/thiefplayer/GarrettAnimation1.gif
(You'll have to copy and paste the URL into a browser, as Geocities won't allow linking:mad: ). Also, it is MEANT to move really rapidly (I know sometimes that irratates people, but this time it was necessary:D).
Lemme know whatcha think. :)

[EDIT: URL updated - new, slower version (the frames used to last for a tenth of a second; now they last for a quarter of a second) - also lower quality, so it loads faster. (The quality difference is hardly visible:))]

Komag
13th Jul 2002, 06:59
hehe, that's great! I had to fiddle with the address before it worked, but I got it :-)

Vesper
13th Jul 2002, 06:59
Would love to take a looksee.........but the copy and paste doesn't seem to be working for me. :(

Vesper

Zaccheus
13th Jul 2002, 08:15
Originally posted by Vesper
Would love to take a looksee.........but the copy and paste doesn't seem to be working for me. :(

Vesper

Try this:
Right click on the URL and select Save Target As and save it to your desk top.
Then go to File>Open , click on browse, select GIF as the file type, and load the gif into IE.

Huntress
13th Jul 2002, 08:17
It was a little small and dark but I could make it out with squinting my eyes a little to see it...very humorous .gif there THEthief ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

TRoosevelt_26
13th Jul 2002, 15:23
Apparently our new home shortens URLs for our reading convenience. If you don't want it do do that (say if you're giving a GeoCities, etc. link, which can't be clicked on but must be copied), make sure that the Automatically Parse URLs option below is unchecked.

TRoosevelt_26
13th Jul 2002, 15:25
Or you can click to open the link in a new window, copy the URL from the title bar of the new, non-displaying window, and paste the URL into your old window, then hit the Back button when you're done.

ChowYunFat
13th Jul 2002, 17:36
I liked it--maybe they could use this at the beginning of T3. :)

What I did to get to the site was to click the link in THEThief's posting which got me a page saying the site was unavailable. BUT since the complete address was now entered in my browser, I just hit the "Go" button & the page loaded.

THEthief
13th Jul 2002, 20:46
LOL, glad you liked it. :)

BrokenArts
13th Jul 2002, 21:01
Hey, that was great! I wish it was bigger, make a good screen saver. :D
Make them slower to change, so you can appreciate it more. Not so fast. That was cool.
Thanks for sharring. :)

THEthief
13th Jul 2002, 21:07
I took the files from the Thief directory. Unfortuanetely, they are the full size. :( (I can't make them any bigger, without making them reaaallly blurry). I will update the speed thing - fast is good, but that IS too fast. :D
Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

THEthief
13th Jul 2002, 21:18
Animation update. See above. :D :cool:

Vesper
14th Jul 2002, 03:41
Hey THEthief !

That's :cool:

Poor Garrett is gonna get tired lugging all those taffers around.

Thanks TR and CYF, I was able to see it that way.

Vesper :)