PDA

View Full Version : DVD hidden secrect !

coyotekid
13th Jul 2002, 03:21
1/30/01 - One of the little things fans will want to keep their eyes open for are secret codes and clues that are being hidden in the actual movie, to be discovered later on to unlock secrets in the DVD (possibly even the new game due out this fall for PS2?).

I got that info from an old Yahoo preview, is there really hidden secrect on the DVD, what is it and how to unlock, guys ?

DaveJ
13th Jul 2002, 06:38
That was the intention when Simon West was making the movie.
However, since it got ripped apart in the re-editing process I wouldn't be surprised if the whole idea went out the window.

There is still the easter egg on the special features menu, but its not much.

Agent Guile
14th Jul 2002, 22:01
What easter eggs? :confused:

TombRaiderChik
14th Jul 2002, 22:40
when u go into the special features option and theres that like orey or that planet thingie where u can choose wut special feature u wanna look at theres this thing at the bottom where it says main menue there is like these 2 squiggly lines bellow the main menu button and just click on that and it unlocks a feature with angelina jolie and her dad jon voight.

EddyBones
14th Jul 2002, 23:22
it's not very interesting. Nothing that they haven't said in other places on the DVD.

outkast
15th Jul 2002, 20:39
you can go to www.cheatcc.com and find out codes for dvd.

Cyber_Punk_303
16th Jul 2002, 00:09
The DVD sucked when it came to secret's... I thought there'd be alot more easter eggs, seeing as this is a Tomb Raider movie about exploration and stuff. Oh well... I can't wait for Lord of the Rings!!!

TechImmortal
19th Jul 2002, 22:12
Hello all, I'm a long-term participant over in the Deus Ex area, but have never posted in the TR forums before. I hope you'll fogive me if I say something stupid here that everyone already knows.

I have played and enjoyed all of the Tomb Raider games, and have seen the movie (great fun!), and messed around with the level editor, so I guess it's OK for me to post here, right? :D

Anyway, I don't know anything about what the clues in the movie are supposed to lead us to. That is, what is the goal? You see, I know for *absolute fact* what two of the movie clues are, and have a strong suspicion about a third. But, having no idea of the goal, I have no idea what to do with the clues.

Should I post the clues? Being new to this forum, I don't know whether I'm supposed to do that. And they may well be something you already know...and I haven't solved them, I just know what they are.

DaveJ
20th Jul 2002, 07:06
Please do...it may help others (like me) along to working out what they all mean!

TechImmortal
21st Jul 2002, 00:58
Ok, here are the two clues I *know* are clues, plus one I suspect is a clue:

a) Known clue #1: work out what SIMON (the robot at the beginning) stands for

b)Known clue #2: there's something we're supposed to observe about the knife-throwing that kills Alex. (*Not* the scene where she turns the knife, the original throwing sequence.)

Bioth of the above are mentioned specifically as being clues in the "director's commentary" on the DVD - yes, I listened to the whole darn thing.

c) Suspected clue #3: "My ignorance amuses me" -- that line is just too weird, and they make so much of it. I've tried computerized anagrams, but no luck yet.

Now, can someone please tell me what the goal is? I can't begin to think what to do with the clues if I don't know what we're supposed to be lookiing for. Is it supposed to be something to do with the new game Angel of Darkness? Please tell me.