PDA

View Full Version : New TR title leaked...?

Tihocan
1st Nov 2016, 05:03
According to this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5aci6z/image_saw_someone_working_on_a_presentation_for/) on Reddit (and Imgur image (http://imgur.com/ITzQpQe)) a lad in Montreal riding the subway caught an open laptop with a TR presentation on it...

Assuming reality, the game will be called "Shadow of the Tomb Raider". Furthermore, this would strongly suggest that SotTR will be developed by Eidos Montreal, and perhaps not CD.
http://i.imgur.com/ITzQpQe.jpg

speculate.begin();

Tecstar70
1st Nov 2016, 07:35
Looks very plausible, shame the text is unreadable. It would suggest Lara becoming a bit of a nemesis against Trinity. As we know the next title will complete the Trinity trilogy and so it is reasonable to expect an attempt to get to the people behind Konstantins activities.
It infers that Lara becomes a menacing character in some ways, things falling into her shadow, people not wanting to be in her shadow. Has she become more proficient, confident etc in her abilities? Shadow could also mean a darkening of her character for the game, set on revenge for her fathers murder.

BlueSkiesXXV
1st Nov 2016, 07:41
A journalist over at KOTAKU wrote:

A source told me today that this is indeed the name. It certainly fits with the last two games, Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. (Everything is subject to change until it’s announced, of course, but this document is, as far as we can tell, legit.)

http://kotaku.com/name-of-next-tomb-raider-leaks-because-guy-had-it-open-1788419554

a_big_house
1st Nov 2016, 12:21
Makes me think of AoD...

Error96_
1st Nov 2016, 13:45
Makes me think of AoD...

Me too in a good way. I really liked the dark side to Lara that AoD portrayed and that helped give Lara some edge that reboot Lara hasn't quite had. I can believe the 'shadow of' name is plausible but I hope that the focus on trinity doesn't lead to the game being too combat heavy.

d1n0_xD
1st Nov 2016, 15:29
Damn, dude, I like it, certainly feels like they're going for an even darker tone :D SotTR hype!!!! :D

NightRain'06
2nd Nov 2016, 14:23
OOOHHHHHHHH A new TR game news leaked ??? I'm in serious hype mode !!! Even though the game may be released, I'm assuming, in 2018.... or 19. :D :D :D

Also, the title, Shadow of the TR ? Reminds me of the old game Shadow of the Colossus.
I've never played it but I've heard of the game and, my point is, they took 3/4 of the title ~~ which I find hilarious !! :lol: :p

And, the word Shadow in the title, does remind me of Angel of Darkness ~ as in a possibly dark tone.
However, let's hope they don't rush it this time around and deliver us a fresh, piping hot, fully cooked, and tasty TR game ! You know what I mean !! :lol: :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously, though, since it's not developed by CD, I hope people do not bash the game and consider it a "none true sequel" ~~ solely on that and repeat the cycle.

[ Not to be off-tangent ~ What cycle do I mean ?
Remember when Batman: Arkham Origins was disliked / hated by a lot of players because it was not developed by Rocksteady.

I've played and enjoyed it personally. I don't know why the general consensus of players have considered it as a "none true" sequel. ]

Tecstar70
2nd Nov 2016, 17:55
Seriously, though, since it's not developed by CD, I hope people do not bash the game and consider it a "none true sequel" ~~ solely on that and repeat the cycle.

[ Not to be off-tangent ~ What cycle do I mean ?
Remember when Batman: Arkham Origins was disliked / hated by a lot of players because it was not developed by Rocksteady.

I've played and enjoyed it personally. I don't know why the general consensus of players have considered it as a "none true" sequel. ]

I don't see why it wont be developed by CD. It was reported that it wasn't but that's only because the laptop mentioned Eidos Montreal, which isn't unusual because EM were used to develop the MP in TR2013 and the competitive game modes in Rise. As the next TR game is the last of the trilogy and it would demand resources that CD already have in place it does not make sense to hand it over to EM, however it does make sense for EM to be included in internal communications and in some part of the development. I'm not sure EM are even geared up to take on a game like TR in full anyway.

NightRain'06
2nd Nov 2016, 20:32
I don't see why it wont be developed by CD. It was reported that it wasn't but that's only because the laptop mentioned Eidos Montreal, which isn't unusual because EM were used to develop the MP in TR2013 and the competitive game modes in Rise. As the next TR game is the last of the trilogy and it would demand resources that CD already have in place it does not make sense to hand it over to EM, however it does make sense for EM to be included in internal communications and in some part of the development. I'm not sure EM are even geared up to take on a game like TR in full anyway.

I really hope you are right in that CD may or will develop the game.

I mean, from a speculating standpoint, I would imagine they may and I know TR 2013 had a separate MP team from EM for it. So maybe you're right. They would have them do some aspect of the game like they have in the previous two games.

However, I would not be surprised if this EM developing speculation turns out to be true.

To be clear ~ I am not attacking EM because, personally, while I do want CD to develop it, if that cannot occur and EM does it, I won't mind as long as a new game is made.

a_big_house
2nd Nov 2016, 21:02
I don't see why it wont be developed by CD...

Maybe they're busy working on another big project?...

TOMB RAIDER 2 ANNIVERSARY???

#Hype :D

AntRaidsTombs
2nd Nov 2016, 21:27
I made this for fun :D
http://i.imgur.com/aPXIGPF.png

Tecstar70
2nd Nov 2016, 21:28
I really hope you are right in that CD may or will develop the game.

I mean, from a speculating standpoint, I would imagine they may and I know TR 2013 had a separate MP team from EM for it. So maybe you're right. They would have them do some aspect of the game like they have in the previous two games.

However, I would not be surprised if this EM developing speculation turns out to be true.

To be clear ~ I am not attacking EM because, personally, while I do want CD to develop it, if that cannot occur and EM does it, I won't mind as long as a new game is made.

Well of course I may be wrong, but it doesn't make sense for CD NOT to develop it in my view.

lol....we can dream....

KManX89
3rd Nov 2016, 00:06

They did also tease a new Soul Reaver, there's been rumors of it for some time now.

They even left a nice SR easter egg in Rise:

mNi5oujEJVA

But yeah, I'm definitely onboard for a darker 3rd installment. :D

Tallantis
5th Nov 2016, 02:06

Already said that in another thread...it would be so awesome....Just thought about it because of the many hints from TR2 about the buttler in the fridge and Xian.

There will be another Trinity game? Ewww don't like that thought, even though I also thought about AoD like some others here. It could be redemption for Core. lol. xD

Rai
5th Nov 2016, 03:10
I find this title simple, yet with a mysterious air. If it is correct, what do you guys think the shadow refers to? Trinity, Lara or something else?