PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

Aquarius
13th Jul 2002, 02:17
(now for some strange reason, I cannot make polls anymore, go figure.......)

So, who's been your favorite Beatle??

Ringo?

John?

Paul?

George???

????

And no one had better say Yoko!!!!! :p

moose562
13th Jul 2002, 19:39
yeah, gotta love Yoko

sing to tune of Imagine and with Yoko voice

"you may say i'm a schemer, but i'm not the only one"

;) couldnt resist ;)

JOHN

by name-sake! :)

rimfire
13th Jul 2002, 20:17
I wonder how many people here won't know who The Beatles are/were?

I guess Paul is my favorite.

Lil Lara
13th Jul 2002, 20:50
hehehe.. I know who they are! Well.. I don't really have a favorite... but I guess I'll go with John. He was so cool... and I loved his sunglasses! My friend was also born on the day he died, except 6 yrs later. December 8th...

LarzBritsh
13th Jul 2002, 21:08
Oh yeah, Yoko is my favorite.

Her music is amazing.

Rose662
14th Jul 2002, 02:16
John was my favorite!

:)

infinite_sadness
14th Jul 2002, 17:05
heeey I'm a hug Beatles fan!!! :)

But I gotta go with John! may he rest in peace!

Jorge22
14th Jul 2002, 17:35
Humm... George Martin. :D

DKSM
14th Jul 2002, 21:32
I can't stand Yoko!

Gotta go with John Lennon. RIP

rocconorth
15th Jul 2002, 02:00
That a tough choice. It's strange to me how people always seem to choose John when asked about their favorite Beatle. Musicallly speaking I think both John and Paul contributed equally to the band. Sometimes I think people forget (or don't know) how instrumental (pardon the pun) McCartney was in the musical process. Instrumentally (meaning playing instruments) there's no doubt that Paul was more accomplished. His bass playing is still referenced by many of today's great bassist's as brilliant. He also played the piano very well. Many people would also be surprised to know that Paul played many of the guitar solos on many songs because George couldn't always get it right. In fact, some would say that Paul was the best guitar player. As you can tell I'm a huge Beatles fan so this just strikes a chord (pun again :) ) with me. IMHO people often choose John because he looked more the part of a rock star. Don't get me wrong, I think John was great, but I don't think Paul always gets his just due. That's my opinion anyway.

Lil Lara
15th Jul 2002, 02:58
Yeah... I believe it is a tough desicion between John and Paul for almost everyone I talk to about the Beetles I always thought that everyone loved Paul most 'cause he was the "cutest", I don't think he was, but that's what I hear the most. Yes, Paul may be the backbone of the band, musically... but I don't know much about the band. John is still my fave, but Paul comes in a close second.:D

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 10:53
They are all pretty cool but Ringo made me laugh (at him)

whitemetal
15th Jul 2002, 13:05
I agree with rocconorth, Paul was the force driving the Beatles, he kept them musicaly tight and the rivelry between he and John led to the fantastic songs that are now over 30 years old. It all seems so long ago and i was just a kid and now i listen to my kids sing those songs, they don't know who the Beatles are or what they did but they love the music.

LARAMANIAC
15th Jul 2002, 16:06
I don't particularly like any of the Beatles!!!:p And yes I am old enough to know who they are!!!:p Just not my cup of tea!!!

But Yoko bugs me she is riding on John's star don't you think!!!:p

AmO
15th Jul 2002, 23:39
i love them ALL. only "together" were they "the beatles"
http://www.hollywoodandvine.com/Anthology/B3/Images/intro.gif