PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the forum jump drop down box?

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 22:26
My first official poll, :p Just like the title says. So do you use the *forum jump* drop down box at all? Located at the bottom left of the page.
I am still curious as to how many forum members actually use this feature. I use it all the time. I know GM would be curious as well. :)

*m*
12th Jul 2002, 22:34
Looks like he already decided to put it back but I'll vote anyway.

I use it ALL the time.

Vesper
12th Jul 2002, 22:41
I didn't even know it was really there. I'm just use to going to the main Thief page and open new windows from there.

There is so much stuff on the new forum, I don't use most of it. As long as I can find the forums and read posts, that is enough for now. Maybe in time I can get a little more savvy abbout all the options here.

Vesper :D

Xcom
12th Jul 2002, 22:54
Rarely used it.

Grey Mouser
12th Jul 2002, 23:24
Keep in mind that we will still be tweaking the forums for awhile, as we find out the what is the most comfortable setup in regards to features vs. bandwidth.

I think there were enough people who were immediately put off by not having the forum jump available to turn it back On, where it will likely stay.

And oh yeah...I never use it ;)

BrokenArts
13th Jul 2002, 00:24
OOOOOH.......GM.....you just have to be different don't ya. ;) :p

theBlackman
13th Jul 2002, 00:36
About 70% of the time.

I do notice that "browsing" the forum as a unit is a little more difficult than the old format.

I kinda liked being able to scan a 20 post list of current posts to pick the highlights to view then schmooz the rest.

This new format is a little more cumbersome. But I must admit the "divisions" to segregate the material does make sense.

ChowYunFat
13th Jul 2002, 02:07
I just use the back button on my browser to navigate. I think that's because I'm lazy.

BrokenArts
13th Jul 2002, 02:18
I like to see who is on line too. ;) What are you taffers doing? :D
you can jump from forum to forum much faster I find. I like the option. :)

I start from the top thief forum, and work my way down..........

Stile451
13th Jul 2002, 03:02
The main thief forum page is my homepage, and use my mouse gestures to get back there when I want to, and I use the forum jump box to get to any other of the forums I frequent.

Peter_Smith
13th Jul 2002, 03:44
I can't vote, because my reply is not an option. My answer is "No. I don't use it." I have Thief Series as my home page. I use the link sequence at the top of the page to back up to Thief Series, or higher if wanted. Then, depending on what I see there, I dive back down again. The pull down menu gives no information about whether a category has been updated since you last visited there, so it is a shot in the dark.

Apache
13th Jul 2002, 04:43
WOW..there is a pull down menu..hum..never even saw it..so i guess that means I don't use it.

howie
13th Jul 2002, 04:49
The new forums are slow for me. Seems like it takes forever to get back to where I started, like cars, they go faster with fewer options.

Huntress
13th Jul 2002, 08:42
as I don't jump much from one forum to the next...I use it mainly when I get to the bottom of the postings and then use it to get back to our main board here and as well when I check my cp window, I'll use it then to get back even though I subscribe to this forum...I use the drop link to come back here as I may not necessarily want to see the most recent post first to want to get back to the whole page instead...but if I were a forum jumper, it would be a more convienent method to do so, IMHO :) Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: I'd probably use it more for accessing the FM forum as newer FM's are released and I need my usual boostings to get me going again though :D and speaking of newer FM's...Christine has her fourth installment on her series available....so here we gooooo! LOL

RiCh
14th Jul 2002, 14:04
what forum jump drop down box? oh the one down the bottom? nar I'm too lazy to scroll all the way down there :D