PDA

View Full Version : OK......what happened....

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 20:17
what happened to the forum jump drop down link??? :confused: That should remain.
It was easier to navigate the forums.

Grey Mouser
12th Jul 2002, 20:33
Took it away as a bandwidth-saving experiment. If there are a buncha folks who use that feature, will re-enable it.

Post here if you really liked ForumJump, and refuse to feed me ever again because I disabled it.

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 20:35
You know me GM, I don't miss a thing. ;) :p
I think it is time for a poll! who uses that feature....
BA will feed you all the BS you need. :D

Mike_B
12th Jul 2002, 20:39
Originally posted by Grey Mouser
Took it away as a bandwidth-saving experiment. If there are a buncha folks who use that feature, will re-enable it.

Post here if you really liked ForumJump, and refuse to feed me ever again because I disabled it.

I liked it alot, it's very usefull, however if you take it away I will still feed you loyal as I am :D

DJC
12th Jul 2002, 20:59
Sounds like a rather strange way to cut down on bandwidth usage if you ask me.

I'd like it to be re-enabled if possible, please :)

Grey Mouser
12th Jul 2002, 21:07
Originally posted by DJC
Sounds like a rather strange way to cut down on bandwidth usage if you ask me.

I'd like it to be re-enabled if possible, please :)

There are a slew of interesting suggestions on the vBulletin forums about tweaking for bandwidth, and the developers themselves suggest that if you have a large number of individual forums (which we do) that disabling it will save (a little) bandwidth by lowering the total number of queries to the server.

Since no one has said they liked this tho'...I'll set it back. Feed me?

dago
12th Jul 2002, 21:46
i never used it...

i guess it's a bit late though...woops...

Old_Mate
13th Jul 2002, 08:47
Thanks for returning it.

Vanguard
13th Jul 2002, 14:27
Because clicking on the thread link to open it in the same window and subsequently using the Back toolbar button or the Go link resulted in me positioned again at the top of the list instead of the link that I clicked on, I don't use these. Instead I always right-click on the thread's link and select to open the thread in its own window. When I'm done, I close that child window. My position in the forum thread list remains where it was so I know which is the next thread after the one I just opened.