PDA

View Full Version : What game are you mosted interested in buying this fall?

tek9_56st
12th Jul 2002, 19:41
Sorry guys I was bored......As you know there are alot of new game being released this fall for all systems, even pc. So I wish to know are there any specific ones you're waiting to buy, and if the one you wan is'nt out yet...whic ones are you waiting for?:D

tek9_56st
12th Jul 2002, 19:52
Sorry about the spelling guys....it's still early for me:D

Longshot
12th Jul 2002, 20:02
There's so many good games coming out this fall, I'm not sure I could choose 1 as the one I'm looking forwad to the most.
Battlefeild 1942, Robin Hood, AOM, MOH Team Assult, H&D2 (hopefully it'll be out by fall).

Why is C3 on the list, That can't be coming out already.:confused:

tek9_56st
12th Jul 2002, 20:50
C3 is a typo....I accidently put that there..pleaz regard that choice

1shot1kill
12th Jul 2002, 21:09
Jeez another poll

I voted generals, can't wait to see what they have done with that game, C3 isn't something i'n waiting for yet as it will take more than a year before it comes, other game i'm waiting for is swat urban justice, which might become a big hit with the swat movie coming out.

Thorup
13th Jul 2002, 09:12
me too. I also voted generals.

I acctually think that cnc series is better than the commandos series. but I play commandos more currently, it changes from time to time...

Salem4
13th Jul 2002, 14:10
I voted "other". I have waited for Hitman2: Silent Assassin for half a year now, and I hope it will be as good, (hopefully better) than Codename 47.

1shot1kill
13th Jul 2002, 15:18
Ehm, hitman 2 is already released. :D

Salem4
14th Jul 2002, 12:41
No, the release date is September 3.

1shot1kill
14th Jul 2002, 13:58
Maybe in Norway, people i know already got it, believe i already saw it in stores here too.

Xcom
14th Jul 2002, 15:55
We've been fighting spam polls at General Forum and admins are almost at the point of disabling poll feature altogether. Post a poll only when numbers/votes are statistically important and not just because you want to try out nice poll feature :rolleyes: . In this case, poll is not necessary. Poll is closed.

Now that's been said, I, too, wait for Hitman2, C3 and some others. And 1shot, dunno what your friends got there (maybe some kind of beta test release), but Hitman2 is going to be released in september.

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 17:09
btw why did you close my movie poll???

and Salem, isn't your username some kind of tobacco??

Xcom
14th Jul 2002, 17:15
What movie poll? :confused:

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 17:22
the one rutam started at c2 forum, did you like Thorup's flash movie? pool

it is closed now!!

Mike_B
14th Jul 2002, 17:27
Originally posted by Thorup

it is closed now!!

There was a time limit to vote on it, Rutam chose the option to only let people vote 5 days or something.

Xcom
14th Jul 2002, 17:28
Originally posted by Thorup

it is closed now!!

Wasn't me. But I guess it was closed for the same reason I mentioned above. Since every1 was posting their comments/opinions anyway, there wasn't any need for a poll.

edit: AH, see @m's reply :D

1shot1kill
14th Jul 2002, 18:25
Yeah get rid of the poll function, it's not usefull anyway and it will stop 1 out of 3 topics being a poll.

Xcom
14th Jul 2002, 18:47
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
it will stop 1 out of 3 topics being a poll.

I think it will stop 3 out of 3 topics being a poll since it won't be working at all. :p

Thorup
14th Jul 2002, 20:53
No, the poll rules, please don't remove it!!!!!:(

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 01:11
There has not been 1 important poll yet, they were all in a way like YAY look at me i can post a poll. I think it should be kept a tool for moderators and admins when something important comes up that needs voting on the forum (don't ask me what and why)

Thorup
15th Jul 2002, 14:01
Well i don't,. the poll option kicks ***, but it should be used wisely

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 16:06
Well @m just told me option is disabled.

Thorup
15th Jul 2002, 16:37
yeah I saw that, it sucks!

1shot1kill
15th Jul 2002, 19:44
Well, at least we won't see any useless polls anymore.

Yakkalot
17th Jul 2002, 09:27
I've never heard of half of those :D

For me.

In January Lock On: modern Air Combat

next month, Strike Fighters:Project 1

Rainbow Six III: Raven Shield

Independence Lost (operation flashpoint with Australian forces in E.Timor - kick-***) :)

il-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten battles "follow on" to il-2 sturmovik - not a sequel, but bigger than an expansion :D

Thats about it (I think)

Salem4
19th Jul 2002, 17:35
Maybe in Norway, people i know already got it, believe i already saw it in stores here too.

Sorry that I did not answer earlier, i was on a weeks trip to a friends cottage.

Hitman 2 is not released, not in any country. Your friends must in that case have the beta, which is both much worse than the original when it is released, and illegal to have if you are not an official beta tester.

Thorup: Salem is tobacco alright, but a lot of other things too. For example some cities in USA, a city in Sweden and the cat in Sabrina the Teenage witch, which i was a fan of for some years ago.

Yakkalot
20th Jul 2002, 01:57
Salem is also the town in Days of Our Lives and the sight of the famous Salem witch hunts :)

1shot1kill
20th Jul 2002, 01:59
Originally posted by Yakkalot
Salem is also the town in Days of Our Lives

I'm afraid to ask but why do you know this? :p

Yakkalot
26th Jul 2002, 05:45
Sometime last year I slipped down the stairs at work and broke my left leg and shattered my right foot, so I had two weeks off on sick leave, and in case you've ever tried walking with crutches, it is so much easier to just stay on the couch and watch TV than get up and leave... :D

Salem4
26th Jul 2002, 11:44
I suspect the results of this poll would be otherwise if it weren't on the commandos community chat. :D

1shot1kill
26th Jul 2002, 14:58
Sometime last year I slipped down the stairs at work and broke my left leg and shattered my right foot, so I had two weeks off on sick leave, and in case you've ever tried walking with crutches, it is so much easier to just stay on the couch and watch TV than get up and leave... :D

And there was nothing better on than that...? :p

1shot1kill
5th Aug 2002, 01:46
now this (http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/home.jsp) is a game i am definatly going to buy this summer, if you got broadband try out the demo, in the full game you get to control: tanks, jeeps, halftracks, howitzers, fighters, bombers, destroyers, higgins boats, submarines, aircraft carriers and ofcourse infantery. Only infantery, tanks and howitzers in the Tobruk demo level though but still very cool.

Mike_B
5th Aug 2002, 17:23
Looks pretty much like Medal Of Honour, I will try out the demo when I've time but on the first sight the graphics don't look really good.

Saadak
5th Aug 2002, 20:20
You know if you're looking for a game that's like Commandos try out Robin Hood this fall (I think... it could be fall 2003 but I doubt it)... anyways it's from the creators of Desperados but it has a dynamic campaign and some innovative features which look rather interesting... I'd better get back to playing Desperados which I've reinstalled for the 7th time to replay... can't say the same for Commandos 2... only got 1.5 games out of that...

Longshot
5th Aug 2002, 20:47
Originally posted by Saadak
You know if you're looking for a game that's like Commandos try out Robin Hood this fall (I think... it could be fall 2003 but I doubt it)... anyways it's from the creators of Desperados but it has a dynamic campaign and some innovative features which look rather interesting... I'd better get back to playing Desperados which I've reinstalled for the 7th time to replay... can't say the same for Commandos 2... only got 1.5 games out of that...

LOL, Not too many people like Desperados around here for some reason. I personally love the game, as it's a great game, but that's just me.

Anyways Robin Hood is due out November of 2002, but there should be a demo out before then...Can't wait to pick that game up. :)

Saadak
5th Aug 2002, 23:18
You seem to be forgetting that I'm cccp7x... the one and only...

1shot1kill
6th Aug 2002, 00:14
Originally posted by @m
Looks pretty much like Medal Of Honour, I will try out the demo when I've time but on the first sight the graphics don't look really good.

It's nothing like medal of honour at all, most importantly medal of honour is filled with scripted events, in battlefield 1942 nothing is scripted, nothing will happen twice, also it's mostly based on the multiplayer, up to 64 people can battle at the same time.
And for the graphics they are great, the maps are very large, they even spend alot of detail on the vehicles and infantery and still it runs very smooth.

Longshot
6th Aug 2002, 02:26
Originally posted by Saadak
You seem to be forgetting that I'm cccp7x... the one and only...

Yeah I know cccp7x likes Desperados that why I said most people around here.

I'm actually playing through the game again right now and am up to mission 11.

1shot1kill
6th Aug 2002, 17:09
Indeed sadaak you are forgotten. :D

tek9_56st
21st Aug 2002, 00:11
Actually if you're looking for a awesome game I would look at C&C: Generals. Now that game looks awesome and the gameplay must top charts, because most C&C games I've played have been outstanding, and I doubt they would fail now. I mean what game is better than Real-time strategy where you build you own forces and wage out real-time war.........how cool is that. You guys should look into that game. Looks to be a winner.

1shot1kill
21st Aug 2002, 13:14
If you got a fast connection check out the new multiplayer demo of battlefield 1942, it's great.

1shot1kill
15th Sep 2002, 12:48
game is out in the USA, Europe got to wait 1 or 2 more weeks. :(
Check this thread (http://www.acomba.de/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1757&pagenumber=1) for pics of the full game, pretty damn cool.

1shot1kill
18th Sep 2002, 07:09
lmao http://www.pox.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/video/bf1942_weenie.wmv gives you an eh.... good view of the game.

Longshot
18th Sep 2002, 11:51
If your looking for a good game that's coming out this fall...besides AOM, The MOH Expansion and Robin Hood, try Conflict: Desert Storm.

I downloaded the demo two nights ago and finally got a chance to play it last night and it's pretty good. It's like H&D, except there's not 1st person mode and it takes place during the Gulf War, not WW2.

1shot1kill
18th Sep 2002, 19:24
I've heard the black hawk down demo is good too.

Rapid
20th Sep 2002, 17:05
I just upgraded to a GeForce 4 and now I'm ready to rock. I'm lookin' forward to Medal of Honor (my system was too slow for it before), just as soon as I burn out on Comanche 4!

iakovos
20th Sep 2002, 21:15
Any idea what that game by the same company that did Desperados and that Robin Hood game is going to be called?

The vampire-hunters' feeling sounds good to me.

Iakovos :)

Longshot
21st Sep 2002, 00:25
Originally posted by iakovos
Any idea what that game by the same company that did Desperados and that Robin Hood game is going to be called?

The vampire-hunters' feeling sounds good to me.

Iakovos :)

That company is called Spellbound Studios. www.spellbound.de

The site is only offered in German, they use to have an English version of the site but for some reason it was taken off :(

Vampire Hunter may be something interesting. It's using the same engine as Desperados and Robin Hood, so we should already be familiar with the gameplay style.

1shot1kill
21st Sep 2002, 02:30
Originally posted by Rapid
I just upgraded to a GeForce 4 and now I'm ready to rock. I'm lookin' forward to Medal of Honor (my system was too slow for it before), just as soon as I burn out on Comanche 4!

Forget about MoH, it's 1 big bunch of scripted events, try BF1942, i got my copy today and spent the last 8 hours playing it, it's the best game i have ever seen by far, compared to this even HL is nothing.

Longshot
21st Sep 2002, 04:12
I've heard the black hawk down demo is good too.

After just playing the demo for black hawk down, I can honestly say that I think the demo sucks.

Before some of you guys start to get upset, I'll explain why I feel this way.

1. The graphics look outdated. Games like MOHAA and BF1942, look way better. Also what's up with the terrain? 100% flat.

2. The controls are way to sensitive. I'm not sure if I can turn this down but I've looked and seen nothing for this. When I tap on the guy takes like 3 or 4 steps instead of 1, like in most normal games. Also the mouse is ver sensitive, which makes it hard to zero in on a target.

3. What's up with the M16? You can zoom in with it, making the sniper rifle useless. Conflict: Desert Storm has the same problem...Don't like that.

4. The demo has crashed for me about 3 or 4 times already. Even had to reboot once to fix it :mad:

5. The game doesn't feel like a war game. It's more like a Quake style game. Keep in mind that it's a Capture the Flag kind of map, however there are so many machine gun post around, so many buildings to jump off of that people are just gonna play it like any other FPS game, which is the Quake style.

6. You can blow up a car with 3 bullets?...ok... :confused:

7. The gernades get tossed a mile.

8. Once you run out of gernades, you still have one left in your hand, but you can't throw it... :rolleyes:

Oh well that's all I can think of right now.

1shot1kill
21st Sep 2002, 17:11
Hey, i just heard it. :P

Well, another demo i can skip then and continue on playing BF1942. :)

Rapid
23rd Sep 2002, 20:06

Forget about MoH...... try BF1942

Hmmm, I'm starting to get that picture too, sounds like a good idea.

1shot1kill
23rd Sep 2002, 22:25
What are the rest of the specs of your comp?

Thorup
24th Sep 2002, 10:11
1ghz, 256 ram, 30 gb, geforce mx something

Rapid
24th Sep 2002, 16:53
P3 550 mhz, 256K RAM, 13g HD. My little 550 chip is pretty slow by today's standards but it still does a decent job with even most of the newer games. Gotta upgrade that soon, also the puny HD. The GeForce 4, though -- wow!!

1shot1kill
24th Sep 2002, 23:16
Well, 500 mhz is minimum for BF1942, that will be on low detail though, you videocard does help, need at least a geforce 2 with advanced Transform & Lighting to be able to run it. I'm running it on my athlon 800, 512mb ram, geforce 2 mx and i can run it on 800×600 medium detail. (800×600 seems low but it's the best resolution in the game when you got a geforce 2, otherwise the text will screw up) The biggest problem with your cpu will be that you can't use many bots in singleplayer as they use alot of cpu power.

Rapid
25th Sep 2002, 14:18
....The biggest problem with your cpu will be that you can't use many bots....

Thanks for the info, what are bots?

1shot1kill
25th Sep 2002, 14:33
Computer controlled players, you can set their intelligence higher by giving them more cpu time.

1shot1kill
22nd Nov 2002, 08:01
http://www.desertcombat.com/ This is a mod for Battlefield 1942 that is still work in progress but i'm an alpha tester and so far it looks pretty cool.

Senor
25th Nov 2002, 18:14
GTA Vice city rocks!

Senor
27th Nov 2002, 21:28
So does Smackdown 4 Shut your mouth

Mike_B
28th Nov 2002, 06:29
Talking against yourself do you perhaps have a split personality?

Thorup
28th Nov 2002, 19:01
lol. Who are you talking to Senor??

Yakkalot
29th Nov 2002, 09:10
Beware of MOHAA spearhead, for no explainable reason it runs like crappola...

1shot1kill
29th Nov 2002, 10:11
lol yeah, there were some MoH fanboys who were spamming a BF1942 forum about how Spearhead would rock and how everybody would stop playing BF1942 because of that, after Spearhead was released all i saw were complaints how crap Spearhead was. :)

Yakkalot
30th Nov 2002, 10:20
It isn't as bad as most of the BF1942 fanboys make out either. It is actually quite good, what MOHAA should've been, but it for no explainable reason runs like a three legged dog, and is rediculously short.

Most of the major and glaring problems in MOHAA were addressed to some extent, but they went and created a whole wath of new ones with this one. The MP code still sucks (but it's better than BF1942 still)

Personally I love watching the MOHAA and BF 1942 fanboys argue it out over which of their glorified quake mods is more realistic :)

1shot1kill
1st Dec 2002, 12:33
The main reason they dont lke it is because it adds nothing really new, just a couple of weapons and maps thats it.

Yakkalot
1st Dec 2002, 14:38
Forgive my insolence O' gaming God, but isn't that what an expansion pack is supposed to do? ;)

One problem is it doesn't carry over the upgrades to the original MOHAA game, so you can't replay the game with the fixed weapons for instance (ie garand)

David
17th Dec 2002, 23:20
haha..finaly got spearhead.it is cool:)
almost forgot the taste of single player
the most amazeing thing in this games so far was beginning,and flight with chutes:p:p:p
i wish that it would work more then 6fps:(

ragsy
18th Dec 2002, 01:24
i got Warcraft 3 the other day and I've just ordered an uncut version of Grand Theft Auto Vice City (From New Zealand) cause its been censored in Australia

Had to pay an extra $30 for it but at least it's what the authors intended us to see and not the result of a government powertrip

David
18th Dec 2002, 02:59
so how's your impressions on warcraft3? i have it also.it is not bad,but not special or good as i thought.graphics arent that good:(the style of them,i mean.gameplay is the same old "gather/build/conquer enemy:P"

1shot1kill
18th Dec 2002, 14:34
Forgive my insolence O' gaming God, but isn't that what an expansion pack is supposed to do? ;)

Well, to pay 30 dolars for an add-on that adds 3 weapons and 2 maps no it's not supposed to be that way. A good add-on preferably adds a totally new group to the game, ie. in the upcoming BF1942 add-on the Italians are added. Loads of new weapons is a must in a fps, so not 3 but more like a dozen. And loads of new maps, also like a dozen or so, the BF1942 add-on only got 6 but that the maps are 8×8 km explains why.

I bought GTA 3 last monday, pretty cool, i hope they will release Vice City on the PC soon.

Mike_B
18th Dec 2002, 16:35
I bought GTA 3 last monday, pretty cool, i hope they will release Vice City on the PC soon.

Spring next year --> http://games.telenet.be/index.php?newsid=4497

ragsy
18th Dec 2002, 23:02
Originally posted by David
so how's your impressions on warcraft3? i have it also.it is not bad,but not special or good as i thought.graphics arent that good:(the style of them,i mean.gameplay is the same old "gather/build/conquer enemy:P"

I have played all the Warcraft games and the Starcraft Ones as well, and your right it is the same ol' same ol'

I was most interested in how the interface has changed, with its changing angle.. but fairly quickly it became pointless, if you zoom in on the action you cant see anything properly... and the movement becomes very awkward. And at this angle the characters look blocky almost like a doom monster, which didn't blow my whistle

I also think that the control panel takes up far too much screen real estate

I haven't played any MP with it as i haven't learnt all the short cuts yet

I liked the Scenario story, but i wanted more.....

My favorite mission at the moment is the Warchasers mission in the custom game Scenario folder, Just got through that using the Beast Knight and thought it was quite challenging, and better without worrying about the economy

Just cause i'm a commandos fan doesn't mean i dont like economy based games, but after playing a game like total annhilation, the poor production controls really let Warcraft 3 down

1shot1kill
19th Dec 2002, 13:41
Originally posted by @m
Spring next year --> http://games.telenet.be/index.php?newsid=4497

Guess i can tell the GTA 3 fans to stop the petitions now. :p

David
26th Dec 2002, 06:27
yeah...they done a real great job since wc2.
you know,gamespot selected wc3 as game of the year:cool:
you know,i wonder will they be making starcraft2,cuz i like starcraft more then ancient times:P