PDA

View Full Version : no val voice

Dante
12th Jul 2002, 17:54
hello i am new to startopia which is the coolest but please can anyone help me out why was it when i played the demo i could hear val but when i bought and installed the game i could not hear val:confused: can anyone plz help

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 18:19
Welcome to the Forums!

Tried the patch?
Turned you speakers on (j/k ;))?
Do other sounds work, if no - then thats the problem.
Is there a volume control for voice in the options? I can't remember - check and try if there is.

That's all I can offer I'm afriad . . .

Hope it helps.

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 19:37
Hmm, the above ways of going about it are good. But if they don't help you should try emailing either Muckyfoot's or Eidois's(I'd try MuckyFoot) troubleshooting email adresses. I had quite a few problems and they helped me sort them out.

But if even that doesn't work... it's still a great game, with or without VAL's voice.

Dante
12th Jul 2002, 20:21
thank you very much i will trie the patch or muckyfoot if that fails it is nice to be on a friendly forum for once some others which i wont mention are real bad nice to no there are good guys out there cheers everyone :)

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 21:37
<Grabbs a Stellar Alcohol.>

Yeah. Cheers! Ugh.. oh the pretty spots, ooh..

<SkrasherSmasher passes out.>

Memau_on_Steroids
14th Jul 2002, 00:49
<An unidentified Memau approaches SkrasherSmasher and "liberates" him of his
"burdening" E>
:)

kool_kats_rule
28th Jul 2002, 15:35
Is it just me, or is VAL like HAL from 2001? (as in, he wants to toss you out an airlock)

Ghyron
28th Jul 2002, 16:26
*Ghyron looks around*

Toss me out an airlock?

Yes, VAL was meant to be like HAL. Some of the random messages from VAL are allusions to 2001.

Creamy_Goodness
28th Jul 2002, 17:17
When you click on the traders, do you hear them speaking at all?

Ghyron
28th Jul 2002, 18:31
His problem must have been solved because he hasn't posted again.

kool_kats_rule
29th Jul 2002, 11:28
The random mesages from VAL remind me of random messages in DK: Your dungeon floor is lumpy. Angry creatures cannot play marbles.

MunkeeChum
29th Jul 2002, 13:56
I like slapping all the chickens :)

And the Bile Demons used to give you thr finger after u slpped them.

By email is homage to DK, i used to call Bile Demons, Bile Butts :p

kool_kats_rule
31st Jul 2002, 11:35
Personally I liked killing chickens.

skinny_guy
2nd Aug 2002, 20:51
..or spanking mistresses.
he-he-he. ;)

i wonder who came up with that idea?
and how was it greeted?!?

SkrasherSmasher
2nd Aug 2002, 22:20
I prefer making a huge torture chamber and throwing all monsters but mistresses into the portal thing. Then they torture each other... the sounds are muuch better..:D

kool_kats_rule
3rd Aug 2002, 10:20
There are a lot of sick minds around here.

SkrasherSmasher
3rd Aug 2002, 15:46
< Give's Kool_kats_rule a copy of Dungeon Keeper II>

You make up your mind about it by playing the game. I would loan you my copy, but I had it ensconded in gold. I would show it to you, but the thought of it getting smuged or dusted sends shivers up my spine.:)

Ghyron
3rd Aug 2002, 19:38
I wonder if Dungeon Keeper II is still sold...

StarMapper
4th Aug 2002, 12:16
Originally posted by Ghyron
I wonder if Dungeon Keeper II is still sold...

It is in Sweden. For about 13$. I bought it at local Food Store for 5$ a few years ago!!!

kool_kats_rule
4th Aug 2002, 13:30
< Give's back copy of Dungeon Keeper II>

I already have DK2. And DK1. And deeper dungeons.
DK2 is still sold in PC world, but I didn't look at how much. Maybe £15

Why was it being sold in a food store? Were they going to start selling the chickens?

StarMapper
4th Aug 2002, 17:38
Originally posted by kool_kats_rule

Why was it being sold in a food store? Were they going to start selling the chickens?

He He. No. They have a rack where they sell a few games. All cost 49sek (~5$) Sometimes they have had really good games, like Sheep, Pizza Tycoon, DK2. But mainly there are just bad games that nobody ever heard of. Because they sell food they have no idee of the value of the games. But I don't complain.

Arctic_Wolf
5th Aug 2002, 08:09
Pizza Tycoon: "Rubbish" -PCGAMER 4%

I have even played it, just to find out weather it realy was worth only 4%. I don't think it was. Plus there was one before it. Pizza Syndicate, its the very same game, it didn't sell well at all. So it was taken off the market and renamed Pizza Tycoon. I hope the people who made it go bankrupt for making what I think, is one of the worst games in history.

SkrasherSmasher
5th Aug 2002, 10:46
I didn't think a game could GET 4%... woah, this gives a whole new perspective on games. Mabey a 42% isn't that bad.... Oh who am I kidding!

kool_kats_rule
5th Aug 2002, 11:25
Some games are way underpriced. A few weeks ago, I got 3 great games at £5 each.

skinny_guy
6th Aug 2002, 20:27
i bought pizza syndicate full price.
i went to EB to buy ThemeParkWorld but they didnt have it and cause i didnt want to go home emptyhanded, i bought the first game i saw.

it is absolutely crap.
i tried to sell it to a friend but i let him play it first an then he wouldnt buy it.
so im stuck with it.

kool_kats_rule
8th Aug 2002, 10:02
Buying the first game you see is not a good idea. It's where they put the crap games so that they'll be sold.

Hand-E-Food
23rd Sep 2002, 05:39
Dungeon Keeper 2 was great for hidden things.

One night, about 3am, I got a random message telling me that "Budding keepers should GET SOME SLEEP!"

Also, there was a fifth secret game, a Salamander vs. an army of Imps trying to take over his lair. It only appeared during a full moon and appeared as a moon over the main map.

Mucky Foot
24th Sep 2002, 02:20
It was probably at exactly 3am. After midnight, on the hour, you got a moan from the game.

"Your persistence has earned you a tip for improved gameplay. GET TO BED!"

"One of your imps does a very good impression of you. He's even got the ears".

Genius.

I can't tell if you're pulling my leg about the salamander mission. It's not implausible. Still, they didn't have a ZX Spectrum mode, and we do. I believe we win on Easter-Eggs.

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Hand-E-Food
24th Sep 2002, 05:35
I'm not pulling your leg about the moon mission. I distinctly remember five mini-games in Dungeon Keeper 2.

Bowling for Dwarfs - A limited number of boulders, several dwarves to squash, and lots of lava.

Mini Boulder - A three hole mini golf course. Limited number of slaps.

Hero Hunt - A carnival shooting game using the Warlock.

Run the Gauntlet - A tricks and traps maze for the Fallen Angel.

Whack-an-Imp - A Salamander protecting his lair against invading Imps.

These aren't the official titles of the games. The first four games were opened by collecting magical bonus boxes in some levels. "You have discovered a secret realm!" I honestly don't know the conditions to get the fifth secret realm. I'm guessing it happens on a full moon, because I've got a saved game with everything completed and unlocked and it's not there. The last time I saw it, I was up to about level 11.

Mucky Foot
25th Sep 2002, 03:26
Cool. I remember playing the other four. I'll have to dig DK2 out and wait for... darn, I just missed one. Oh well - four weeks time.

Of course, I could just ask Mark Rose (http://www.muckyfoot.com/people/people.html) who works at MF. He was one of the testers on DK2, so he'll probably know. It's an incestuous little place, Guildford...

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Spongebobboy
13th Sep 2003, 17:37
My Val voice does not work either.........tried the patch and un-patched versions and the b version of the patch...nothing.

Any help would be apreciated

Overmind
15th Sep 2003, 09:54
Hmm.

1 - Reinstall.

2 - Ask a forumer to send you the sound files, mission files and text folder.

And if that doesn't work, try F11 - Scriptinfo, details can be found on the MF website. You'll find out if there's an error in the script, see?

For the full moon levels, just set your system date to a full moon. Why wait?

Hand-E-Food
15th Sep 2003, 23:28
Originally posted by Overmind
Hmm.

1 - Reinstall.

2 - Ask a forumer to send you the sound files, mission files and text folder.

And if that doesn't work, try F11 - Scriptinfo, details can be found on the MF website. You'll find out if there's an error in the script, see?
A reinstall will recover the files if they are corrupt. It's pretty rare that a file will randomly corrupt.

Have you updates your sound, video, etc. drivers?

For the full moon levels, just set your system date to a full moon. Why wait?
You can do that. I've since found out, though, that the trigger is between levels 11 and 12. The moon is only there then. For anyone playing, level 11 is where you have to catch the Lord as he runs through the underground river. After this level a moon will be floating above the world. It will vanish again after you finish level 12.

Overmind
16th Sep 2003, 12:01
Really? It's anytime in DK1.

MunkeeChum
16th Sep 2003, 15:57

The first one was the best.

Hand-E-Food
17th Sep 2003, 02:48
There are four that you can do at any time (as long as you've unlocked them). The fifth only appears as a bonus land (where there was previously nothing) inbetween lands 11 and 12.

kool_kats_rule
21st Sep 2003, 11:03
Note to self: Dig out DK2.

Devistater
6th Nov 2003, 08:14
Originally posted by Hand-E-Food
There are four that you can do at any time (as long as you've unlocked them). The fifth only appears as a bonus land (where there was previously nothing) inbetween lands 11 and 12.

DK2 was a great game. I had lots of fun with that. And then I remember if you built the rooms certain sizes and stuff you'd get super types of the guys. I'm sure the secret level stuff is all over at gamefaqs.com :)

Yeah here we go, they were the elite creatures. Special room sizes sometimes mixed with other squares of other rooms:
Either copy link and paste into a new window for it to work:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/dungeon_keeper_2_elite.txt
Or just goto the main page for the dungeon keeper 2 faqs and pick the Elite Creature Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/23914.html

Hand-E-Food
6th Nov 2003, 21:44
Originally posted by Devistater
Yeah here we go, they were the elite creatures. Special room sizes sometimes mixed with other squares of other rooms:http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/dungeon_keeper_2_elite.txt
I remember the elite creatures. I think I only ever found the Mistress and the Goblin. Nope looking at the guide, I certainly didn't find the Goblin. Thanks for that!