PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Lara have any muscles?

Hophi86
23rd Oct 2016, 23:44
Seriously, it looks like she has the muscle mass of an infant. I'm not saying she should look like a Street Fighter IV character or a East German lady shot-putter but her complete lack of any motion or definition in the arms and back makes Lara look a lot less realistic, considering the amount of mountain climbing she partakes in. A little more spring in those khaki-clad glutes and quads wouldn't hurt either.

Don't get me wrong, I still think she's real purdy but if there are any Crystal Dynamics employees reading: please consider giving Lara a gym membership before the next game. And thanks for the great games!

Rai
24th Oct 2016, 00:55
I actually thought they've done a good job of showing emphasis on her shoulders and upper arms being slightly bigger in Rise compared to TR'13. At least I don't think I'm imagining it :p. I think Lara already looks quite athletic, but I guess a little more muscle emphasis wouldn't hurt. Though it wouldn't be visible under her clothes much.

Valenka
24th Oct 2016, 01:22
Did we seriously run out of things to criticize, so now we're going to target Lara's physique? We're talking about Lara Croft, not Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Her body style looks fine as it is. Good Lord.

Toomeeyrader
24th Oct 2016, 12:44
Yeah maybe let her eat the chickin lol,,
But she has thick skin and that rope arrow is a god send.

Driber
24th Oct 2016, 21:09
Did we seriously run out of things to criticize, so now we're going to target Lara's physique?

You mean scrutinizing Lara's looks isn't something that has been happening non-stop for the past 20 years? :p

Valenka
24th Oct 2016, 21:42
You mean scrutinizing Lara's looks isn't something that has been happening non-stop for the past 20 years? :p

Silly me, how could I forget? :lol:

KManX89
24th Oct 2016, 21:49

No kidding:
http://gamesretrospect.com/2014/01/top-10-blatantly-misogynistic-games/

Guess which game appeared at #3?

Or, perhaps a better question to ask is: guess which one appeared at #1? Any "wild guesses"?

Yeah, I don't think the "winner" of this special snowflake **** list will surprise you in the least.

Tihocan
25th Oct 2016, 00:09
No kidding:
http://gamesretrospect.com/2014/01/top-10-blatantly-misogynistic-games/

Guess which game appeared at #3?
Blatantly misogynistic!? The two most powerful characters in the game are female, and every lackey is basically a stereotypical male!

What an idiot.

KManX89
29th Oct 2016, 16:59
Blatantly misogynistic!? The two most powerful characters in the game are female, and every lackey is basically a stereotypical male!

What an idiot.

He's an SJW, these morons clearly have no clue what they're talking about.