PDA

View Full Version : Why is combat so terrible in this game?

Moki_SE
21st Oct 2016, 20:13
I've been reading quite a bit about "input lag", but frankly I haven't experienced this myself on the PS4. What I *am* seeing, however, is the crosshairs moving very slowly, then instantly accelerating to very fast movement. Overall the combat in this game feels clunky and has no smooth flow, IMO. It's not as if combat mechanics haven't already been done in thousands or millions of game titles, so why does it seem that developers have an issue creating a smooth combat experience? In comparison, I recently played Metal Gear Solid 5 on the PS4 and had zero complaints about the combat mechanics in that game. They were so good that I really didn't even think about them. Same with Sniper Elite 3 and many other titles. What's your opinion of the combat in this game?

Valenka
21st Oct 2016, 20:44
Combat is fine for me. I'm also not experiencing this "input lag" that people are talking about either.

Tecstar70
22nd Oct 2016, 06:32
^^^ Same here. If there is an input lag my brain must be compensating for it is some way because I don't notice it. I don't se an issue with combat either. I suppose it could depend on what combat methods you are using. I tend to be mainly stealth where possible then a combination of bow or automatic rifle , then shotgun, and finally pistol or melee.

Toomeeyrader
22nd Oct 2016, 08:46
Speed the sensitivity up ? My only moan is the suppressor i would love to be able to switch it on or off

Error96_
22nd Oct 2016, 20:00
I haven't find the lag issue that some have reported. I just miss some of the gymnastic moves that gave TR combat a bit faster pacing.

Valenka
22nd Oct 2016, 22:26
^^^ Same here. If there is an input lag my brain must be compensating for it is some way because I don't notice it.

Some people on Reddit are adamant that everyone is experiencing it and some just don't notice. I've had people insult me and call me stupid for saying that I'm not experiencing it. I wasn't aware that random jerks on the Internet had access to my eyesight. I notice literally everything except framerate (unless it's drastic.) If I was experiencing some kind of input lag, I would know.

Tihocan
22nd Oct 2016, 23:50
I didn't "notice" it until I actually stood still and tapped left on the stick. There was quite a delay between tap and view shift, in the area of a half second.
Maybe it doesn't affect everyone's game? That would be strange, but entirely possible. People don't need to be d-heads about it though.

The other thing that is driving me a bit nuts is the loss of centre when I drop back to cover. I line up someone with the bow, drop down to avoid fire and pop back up again - only to find the reticle is way off from where I'd lined it up.

Tihocan
23rd Oct 2016, 04:39
The 1.04 patch has made a huge difference to the aim and input lag.