mrdefender
12th Jul 2002, 15:08
Spoilers...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I can't believe I had to shoot miniko's sister...

I thought that the father was responsible and never suspected (before I saw the father behind the diolation field) lucy..

I thought that demon was abit too much.. The game mentioned it was a demon (where the cutscene shows the thing taking the 2 technicians) and control calls it a demon. So where do demons fit into the story?

Maybe it saw lucy's plan and decided to worship her ;)

Also, For those of you who have tried the amber's new voice thing.. Is it just me or does it sound like an old lucy?

I got the impression that it was lucy's voice (if lucy was an adult).

About the technicians.. At first, there were 2 technicians missing, later in the game u c them being "sacraficed" to the demon, but you interupt his "meal" and it runs away with both technicians... At the last level, you free the technician (and can experience ambers' non-robotic voice) only to have him turn into the skelleton-dog-type monster..

So where did the other one go?

Also, does this mean Death Head gang worked/was hired by lucy? (or maybe lucy controled demon who hired em... would hate to see the size of its wallet ;) ).

Again... WOW!!!!

Got 2 jet. gonna go see MIB2 and will post more later..

ttyl

ICEBreaker
12th Jul 2002, 16:18
All through the game I suspected Dr Molenski of turning into the typical mad scientist. I guess that was the desired misdirection. I assumed that in an attempt to help Lucy, he started to experiment with rats and then the family dog, and finally Lucy. I was so surprised by the ending.

The large beast was never properly explained. I imagine it was just Lucy's servant. She needed a creature that was nearly indestructible yet with a certain intelligence level to act beyond basic instincts and follow her command. "Demon" was just a figure of speech used by UPA because of its similarity to our perceived image of a demon. Lucy probably modelled it after the image of demon in order to strike fear into people by appealing to our basic instincts.

The technicians were not meals. It did look as if the beast was going to eat them, but he wasn't going to, or at least he wasn't meant to. The technicians were kidnapped in order to help Lucy with the experiments. It was also a ploy to get Minoko down there. When she realised the technicians were expandable, she probably just feed them drugs or something. It was not clearly explained why they mutated. One of the technicians mutated in the room that you enter after going up a ramp right next to the lift at the beginning of the Eden level. You might have missed that if you used a flycam and flew past him. The flycam would trigger his mutation so when the team got there all they would see is a normal dog mutant. The other is in the room at the infirmary, which you wouldn't have missed.

How Lucy managed to communicate a "contract" with the Death Head group is amazing. This was never explained. One would assume the Death Heads would run at the sight of the beast. Apparently they didn't and even agreed to try the drugs. Lots of unanswered questions.

mrdefender
12th Jul 2002, 19:01
thus suggesting a sequel.

MAGGIE
12th Jul 2002, 20:33
Sorry to break the news to you Mrdefender..NO sequel.;(

Both Core and Eidos has said that PE did not sell enough copies to warrant a sequel.;)

mrdefender
12th Jul 2002, 21:21
:(

maybe they'll explain it on unsolved mysteries ? ;)