PDA

View Full Version : Analization of Legacy of Kain (hellaspoilers, and even weird)

Iron Head
12th Jul 2002, 07:59
Okay so let's get this straight...

The Reaver was forged by the winged race as a weapon for Raziel (I'm still trying to figure this one out), it was taken by the Sarafan and shortly there after reclaimed by the wraith Raziel at about 500 BK (before Kain), Raziel murders the six Sarafan priests with the Reaver, and thus for some reason the Reaver turns on him and starts feeding on him (weird since he has no blood). Originally, his soul would be imprisoned inside the blade for a very long time (but this fate was delayed by the "divine" Kain). So fast forward to 0 AB (after kain's rebirth), the blade comes into the hands of the young vampire Kain, who uses it to kill William the Just sometime BK. Anyways, The Soul Reaver is Kains weapon (bearing the Soul of his future son, Raziel) for 200 years, until it comes into the power of the Hylden Sarafan Lord, Kain reclaims the blade 200 years afterwards, and the next (estimated) 1600 years or so are a blur, but we can assume the Raziel Reaver stays in Kain's possesion, and in that time he raised the six sarafan genrals which were killed by the wraith Raziel using the Reaver. At around 2000 AB Kain kills the vampire Raziel, and Raziel stays in the abyss for another (estimated) 400 years. wraith Raziel emerges and goes on a rampage killing his grotequely evolved Sarafan/Vampire brethereth, and in the middle of his travels runs into the divine Kain weilding the Soul (Raziel) Reaver, and Kain attempts to kill him with it, but it is unsuccesful, the blade becomes vanquished, and all that remains is the Wraith Reaver, so Wraith Raziel fuses himself with the Wraith-Reaver, which is infact his soul from the not-so-distant future. Now, the "two" Raziels (wraith and blade) continue their quest of revenge. They confront divine Kain in the cronoplast chamber, and shortly afterwards return to some 30 years before human kain's death, to his birth date to be precise. After a meeting with Vorador, and a few other enlightening discussions, Raziel attempts to return to Nosgoth's distant past to meet Janos Audron, leader of the vampiric winged race. But instead is propelled to 100 AB, where he struggles to make his way back to 500 BK, and eventually does, where he meet Janos and learns that the Reaver was created for him (still; don't make sence). and Janos is murdered by the human Raziel, so wraith and blade Raziel return to the Sarafan stronghold, and take possesion of the Blood Reaver. And this cycle keeps on repeating... over and over again...

This is all extremely clever, but weird.

darien_specter
12th Jul 2002, 08:08
Yep, that's pretty much it (though I think some of the years are off a bit)...

I was discussing the age of Raziel's soul with my sister the other day, observing that, at the end of SR2, Raziel's soul is somewhere like 3500 years old. And then it occurred to me what you said, that since that's when he's sucked into the Reaver, then the wraith blade incarnation of Raziel's soul must be 7000 years old at the end of SR2.

But...

If, presumably, since the wraith blade seems to have a hand in the absorption of Raziel's soul, then presumably it is absorbed too... making Raziel's soul, as manifest in the wraith blade, essentially infinite in age. (I guess that explains why the wraith blade gets all pissed in SR2 when you use it too much, and starts screaming... ;))

So what, I wonder, would that mean to Raziel in comparison to our little squiddy friend down below?

jerbear
12th Jul 2002, 13:19
Could someone please explain this in layman terms? Us newbies don't quite get it all so fast. I will have to play through again, just to absorbe it all.

Oh the agony and the conundrum of it all.

Oh and by the way...there's no such word as "sence~!"

It's either "Sense" That you either have or don't! As in Common sense or it doesn't make any "sense."

Or

It's "Since!" As in Since I have started playing SR1 & SR2 I have become addicted to it, my life revolves around it and I can't get enough.

I would hate for someone to make a mistake like that in a cover letter or something that might harm them in the future.

Just trying to be helpful. <no harm intended.>

Iron Head
12th Jul 2002, 18:17
It was a typo... This is not a good way to get your start here.

Azuriel
12th Jul 2002, 18:36
Originally posted by jerbear
Could someone please explain this in layman terms? Us newbies don't quite get it all so fast. I will have to play through again, just to absorbe it all.

Oh the agony and the conundrum of it all.

Oh and by the way...there's no such word as "sence~!"

It's either "Sense" That you either have or don't! As in Common sense or it doesn't make any "sense."

Or

It's "Since!" As in Since I have started playing SR1 & SR2 I have become addicted to it, my life revolves around it and I can't get enough.

I would hate for someone to make a mistake like that in a cover letter or something that might harm them in the future.

Just trying to be helpful. <no harm intended.>

yeah calm down a bit. everybody makes typo`s. even you.

darien_specter
12th Jul 2002, 20:35
for instance, "us newbies" should be "we newbies." Take the "newbies" out and check...

Your intention is understood, in this circle at least. :) Just bear in mind that typos are quite common, especially on a board with an international membership that includes many people for whom English is not a primary language. Don't worry, I think people will forgive you when they get over the insult of being corrected... ;)

what do you need explained?