PDA

View Full Version : FF7 on Windows2000?

Warcak
12th Jul 2002, 01:34
Hi,

Having trouble running FF7 pc on windows 2000. It loads the game and movies, but once the first battle sequence opens and I hit attack it crashes, I couldn't see the Error message. If you have any guides on getting it to run, please help. I know someone posted a way before the forums were changed.

Thanks in advance.

Rengar
13th Jul 2002, 00:22
Don't know any true fixes for Win2000 or XP, but I seen some post's on the subject....I would suggest dual booting with Win98SE.

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=1438
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=234&highlight=windows+ff7+fix

Galian Beast
14th Jul 2002, 21:41
You need to go to microsoft.com and download the Application Compatibility Toolkit, it will allow you to play FF7 on your Win2000 machine as if it were a Win '98 machine.

Dell
15th Jul 2002, 10:14
I sorta got tired of trying, so I simply bought it for the PSOne and play away whenever the notion strikes me. Absolute solution to a frustrating problem. http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/otn/angels/newangel.gif

SirCanealot
15th Jul 2002, 16:50
Except when thinking about Pal slowdown and pal boarders turns you off.

Gotta get the Ntsc version of FFVII Psx sometime...

Best way of doing it though. Either get a Psx or install Win98 Se heh.

Dell
18th Jul 2002, 13:56
Being dumb about computers, is it at all possible to have both windows 98 AND ME installed at the same time, switching back and forth between them for PC game purposes?

Jenova
18th Jul 2002, 14:02
Of course..... Tell me what operating system u have.... and ill tell you how to install Win 98 or whatever u need.

SirCanealot
18th Jul 2002, 14:22
She has Windows ME. But if I was here I'd scrap ME completely and put Win 98 SE or Windows XP on. Windows ME simply is **** heh.

Jenova
18th Jul 2002, 14:43
yes.. id rather have 95 than ME... :D

Dell
20th Jul 2002, 14:40
Actually, I was asking that question on behalf of Warcak, the person asking for help. I am really happy doing my FF thing on the Play Station...at least for now.

So Warcak, are you paying attention?

Jenova can give you the right information for doing the job for yourself and having the best of both worlds!

Post back here, please!

Rengar
21st Jul 2002, 09:32
I'm wondering why anyone would even, want WinME, if they have access to Win98SE.

Unless, you didn't know, WinME and Win2000 are two totally different OS's.

Dell
21st Jul 2002, 19:34
I just went and looked! Duhhhh! I have Windows ME

Red_XIIII
14th Aug 2002, 22:40
I can get FF7 to work in Win2k SP3 usin AP compat and goin the win95 route, BUT the damn thing won't let me use a Joystick/gamepad witch kills the game.... This game was not designed for the keyboard, at all. Anyone know a fix for this? I'd drag out my old P233 but why bother heh

Rengar
17th Aug 2002, 06:12
I fail to see why you think FF7 isn't playable with the keyboard. The only hamper you'll get is during the bike race and the snowboard challenge.....

That equals what? About three minutes of the 40-70 hours of playtime.

SirCanealot
17th Aug 2002, 12:38
Nah man screw keyboard.

What that means to me is maybe +30 minutes of a 20-25 hour playtime, force to sit in computer chair at monitor (whcih in turn makes the graphics look ****) when I could be playing on my 32" TV in here with a game pad.

The game pad problem is ****ing annoying. Trust.

Red_XIIII
18th Aug 2002, 13:51
Originally posted by SirCanealot
Nah man screw keyboard.

What that means to me is maybe +30 minutes of a 20-25 hour playtime, force to sit in computer chair at monitor (whcih in turn makes the graphics look ****) when I could be playing on my 32" TV in here with a game pad.

The game pad problem is ****ing annoying. Trust.
yes he's right, jus try moving at an 45 angle with the NUMPAD, its almost freakin impossible, it dosn't matter now i jus went out and bought the PSX ver, must say the MUSIC sux in it, PC is jus way better, but it should be, i have over 100megs in wavetable fonts loaded heh, the PSX is lucky to get more then 512k for its wavetable engine, and the MUSIC is not MP3 or even some cut down wav file on the PSX ver, someone told me it was Mp3 but its clearly not, jus listing to the percussion and vilons prove its wavesynth vilons don't get cut off on a Mp3 letalone sound like there a 30k file sampled @ 11025hz 2bit. bah ohwell I'm runnin the game with PSXe on my computer now yes the PSX port....... ever run FF7 @ 1600*1200 with 4xs AA on in 32bit color mode? with a 24bit Zbuffer? heheh a normal PSX dosn't even have a Zbuffer, the reason for all the polgon poping on PSX games, PSX emulators are jus so sweet, its worth it to listen to the low res midi music of the PSX port.

Red_XIIII
18th Aug 2002, 14:00
Originally posted by Rengar
I fail to see why you think FF7 isn't playable with the keyboard. The only hamper you'll get is during the bike race and the snowboard challenge.....

That equals what? About three minutes of the 40-70 hours of playtime.
jus have to add this, the snowboard race and bike race is virtualy unplayable, on modern comps in the PC ver if your using a refresh rate greater then 60hz heh they din't put a FPS lock on those races like they did the battles, there locked @ 15fps, 2d map sences are 30fps, outside on world map is locked @ 60fps, but the races are not locked, and run way to fast on a even halfway ancient computer like a P2 400 and a TNT2, ever finsh a race in 15seconds? thas what happends if its running @ 200fps or greater, turn off Vysnc and you can get even more fps outa those races, i've recored over 400fps on a PIII 800 and a geforce 3 ti 200 on those races, i'm afraid of how fast they'd even begin to run on a 2.57ghz P4 an a Geforce 4 ti 4400, shame the game won't run in win2k, I would like to see haha.

TiadaghtonDude
26th Aug 2002, 04:03
Hmm . . . too lazy to find FF7 discs so I could load that, but I did just load up FF4, took a few minutes to configure the keys, and played on the keyboard. It plays just fine, so long as you have the keys configured right. (I could see some serious hand cramp-age, though, if you leave the keys set to FF7's default.)

Dell
27th Aug 2002, 15:18
I would post a comment, but I have recently been told by someone unmentionable whose name is Sir Canealot that most everything I ever post is just plain stupid and irritates him.

Wonder if this post will, too? You know what? I really don't care. Bye Cane.