PDA

View Full Version : Are you playing aod on pc or ps2? (sorry if theirs already a thread like this)

Kurtis Trent
11th Jul 2002, 23:58
i might get a ps2 to play aod on. i dont like to play tr on the computer. to hard. what about you guys?

Lil Lara
12th Jul 2002, 00:07
Yeah.. I don't like playing TR on the computer either, the controls are weird and confusing... I'm going to be getting a PS2. I've wanted one for a while and I NEED it to play this game on... hehe.. anyways, my computer is probably too old and doesn't have enough space, or memory to play AOD on.

Mgardiner
12th Jul 2002, 04:31
PC all the way, I got a gamepad that is exactlly like the PS2 controller (well almost) lol Graphically Amazing Tomb Raider, here I come! with good control to :D

Pistols
12th Jul 2002, 13:04
PC Dogg

DaveJ
12th Jul 2002, 18:59
PC.
Unless it came out for Xbox with 5.1 Digital sound.

TRaiderlover
12th Jul 2002, 20:16
I don't want the pc version because it crashes so much. I've played TR on just about every pc and it crashes somehow. I'm getting it on ps2 because I don't want to risk the chance of playing such a great game... such as AOD and I couldn't play as long as I want because my pc gets wore down pretty fast, also. Sorry if you don't agree.:( :( :(

L Croft
13th Jul 2002, 08:09
i'm going to play on PC cause i find PS too hard to control
also i don't have one :D

Strangewayz
13th Jul 2002, 08:41
PC for me

whitemetal
13th Jul 2002, 10:27
I'm still undecided but i'm leaning towards PC mainly because i haven't played TR on PC before and i can think of no better way than to try AOD on PC to see the diff.

yesrushdt
13th Jul 2002, 19:55
Originally posted by Mgardiner
PC all the way, I got a gamepad that is exactlly like the PS2 controller (well almost) lol Graphically Amazing Tomb Raider, here I come! with good control to :D

What controller is this Mgardiner?

Mgardiner
13th Jul 2002, 23:50
Like I said, Almost lol http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10006875&catid=14262&logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fs%2Dweb3&biasid=614A8E54A27B4920AD3CEAB29EEC30A3

Mr Sinster
14th Jul 2002, 01:46
PS2........Unless i get a good PC. :D

DKSM
14th Jul 2002, 21:23
PS2. I don't got the money right now to spend on a new computer. This one is just fine for me.

Younglara_babe
14th Jul 2002, 21:23
PS2. We're getting one so my mom hearing my brother talk about them.
*THANKS BRO!!:D *

newbie gamer
18th Jul 2002, 00:02
on the pc but when i saw traod in the psm magazine i contimplated buying a playstation2 untill i found out its going to be on disk for the pc

LarzBritsh
18th Jul 2002, 02:43
PC

Tweaking the graphics to get way better visuals.

MacAngel
18th Jul 2002, 16:44
PC
I don't have a ps2 and it looks good on the pc anyway. Besides I think it's easier to control than the ps2 also.:D

TR_Freak
18th Jul 2002, 17:16
well when i first heard about it for ps2 i was definatley set on getting it for ps2! but then i got a new computer and im now gonna do the pc! the pc just has better graphics and ive always played tomb raider on pc so it would be hard to switch now! there are some downsides to pc versions... crashing, not meeting the requirments.. thats why i think the ps2 is just a better idea but ill go with pc!

hows that for a long answer to a simple question!

**angelic**
27th Oct 2002, 12:06
I don't know really, I was originally going to play it on the PC but I'm going to buy myself a PS2. I'll just have to decide when it comes out.

lnantel
27th Oct 2002, 14:23
I have both PS2 and a good PC and I have just one question ... what if you need a patch???

I played EDEN on PS2 before and found there was some bug with the game that a patch could have easily fixed.

But I do prefer to play on a PS2 consol rather then on a PC;
- Game is in the living room
--> More comfortable
- 65" wide screen TV which makes the experience more enjoyable
--> hope next consol will have HDTV and 5.1 Dolby Digital !!!

Frugo_PL
4th Nov 2002, 21:22
PC only & only!

rjlatdmi
5th Nov 2002, 17:00
ps2 for games!! everytime. I have a very decent pc for broadband gaming with radeon 8500 so its quite powerful but when you see games like Jak and Daxter (sorry not an Eidos game!) you cannot compare. When the multiplayer comes out for ps2 I will be over to it like a shot.

Pop that disk in the drive and let the good times roll

Just my 2 cents (or pence!)

DaveJ
5th Nov 2002, 17:14
I've yet to see a console game that looked as impressive as a game on PC.

And I've tried most of 'em.
;)

Halo came closest.

Lady in Black
5th Nov 2002, 19:22
Definately PS2 for me!

**angelic**
5th Nov 2002, 19:38
Now I need opinion!!! WHAT SHOULD I GET IT ON??? PC OR PS2????

BTW, LIB where have you been? I haven't seen your posts for ages

Lady in Black
5th Nov 2002, 20:16
I've been everywhere. Lot of things been happening.:)
It's a good thing because usually I'm always stuck in prison. lol
In my apartment speaking.
Oh yeah, 'bout your last question I don't know really what you should choose but I'll just say it depends which you like better. Whether if you perfer something easier to use, buy a PS2 one. Or if you perfer better graphics and extras to the game, buy a PC one.
Or get both! :D

MountainDewNut
6th Nov 2002, 02:42
I'm undecided. I like the PC controls, but I want to play it on PS2. Another thing is that it'll be cheeper on PC than PS2. There are several other pros and cons that it's just too confusing.

rjlatdmi
6th Nov 2002, 10:49
Its horses for courses really. PS2s have a lovely controller (none of the pc ones come close) and is SOOO easy to load up and play.

Im lucky cause I have the best of both worlds and I use each in that way. Bear in mind that to get a PC looking good graphics wise you will have to spend the equivalent amount of a PS2 on a graphics card. My graphics card cost more than my ps2 (PS2 £169.99 at the moment!)and the pc still has the problems ofthe graphics card to be configured. Its a bit of a nightmare to get the best settings.

If you got the money and patience - PC

If you have little money and less patience - PS2

:D

OuTR
8th Nov 2002, 04:32
PC for me. With a programmable gamepad and
better graphics than PS2, ya just cant go wrong.

DaveJ
8th Nov 2002, 08:30
Originally posted by rjlatdmi
Its horses for courses really. PS2s have a lovely controller (none of the pc ones come close)

Again horses for courses...my PC gamepad (the Gravis Digital Xterminator) knocks my hand-cramping PS2 controller into a ****ed hat.

traider28
9th Nov 2002, 00:16
I will be playing it on both the PC and PS2!:D ;) :p

Mgardiner
9th Nov 2002, 00:43
Ive now changed to lol, I now own a PS2 again (at the expense of my Xbox lol) but I will be playing it both on PC and PS2 now.

Firra
10th Nov 2002, 13:41
I have something of a problem now :S i have a ps2 and a brand spanking new pc, now when I first started playing TR it was on my old pc, TRs 1 and 2 ran fine, but TR3 died a terrible terrible death, so I got a psx to continue playing.

So I can play on both a ps2 or my pc, but which one??

I still go to the TR set up (right hand on the arrows and left hovering over the alt, ctrl and spacebar) whenever I play any game on my pc :S

Oh Im so confused now!

Godfather
10th Nov 2002, 14:42
Perfect Croft! :D

Lady in Black
10th Nov 2002, 17:57
Originally posted by Godfather
Perfect Croft! :D
Are you saying that Lara is just a PC?????? OOOHHHHH!
Don't mind me, I'm joking.:D

ShaggyGrrrl
14th Nov 2002, 06:50
Although I'm still tortured into waiting almost 4 MONTHS for AOD... it does give me the chance to think it over... 'specially since my puter is so old, I don't even remember how many Mhz it has!!!! :confused:

But then again... PS2 would be more affordable... But I'm SOOOO used to PC controls.... ever since TR1... Then again, this time around, I have a bigger TV screen.... See more Lara... AAAarrgggh *pulls out hairs* !!!

(thanks, I needed to get that off my chest..!)

DaveJ
14th Nov 2002, 09:09
You have hairs on your chest?

Lady in Black
14th Nov 2002, 15:52
Originally posted by DaveJ
You have hairs on your chest?
:confused: Exactly I was thinking.

Jewell
21st Nov 2002, 21:53
i would play it on a PS2 if i had one (i'm considering buying one but i have money saving issues)
i'm stuck on a PC (i hope my graphic's card will run it)

Jimbob
23rd Nov 2002, 12:28
first glance ill go pc but once its been released ill go down to a local computer shop with demo machines to try the pc version and get their verdict and hire it out on ps2 and see which looks purdier (most prolly pc cause the pc versions of games are approx nzd$30 cheaper):D :D

DonCorleone
30th Nov 2002, 02:41
Well, PC has better graphics, programmable controls, the option to hook up a PS2 controler,(or a gamepad that mimics it exactly), you can downlaod nice patches off the internet if your stuck, if you have an up-to-date laptop, you don't ever have to leave Lara behind...These are just a few of the pros that PC has over PS2... Im not dissing the PS2, so don't get mad please...

I personally have a 6 year old computer... It barely can handle Tomb Raider Chronicles ( I'm emabarrased). So I am forced against my will to get it for PS2... Dont get me wrong.. I love the PS2, I am currantly working on Rockstar's splended creation right now, Vice City. I f you haven't played it yet, you must must must...

Get it for Pc, its cheeper...:)

markmi123
4th Dec 2002, 06:34
Originally posted by Frugo_PL
PC only & only!
If you have a pc with at least geforce2 and athlon/p4, won't the graphics be much superior to the ps2??:cool:

tommyc_27
6th Dec 2002, 16:22
I own a PS2 and a fast PC, I have TR, TRII, TRIII and TR Chronicles on the PC but I need TR:TLR! God dammit! I have ordered it for the day it is released in February (Unknown as yet)! I can't wait! I have also got TR:Curse of the Sword on GBC and I am getting TR: The Prophecy on Christmas day! I also collect the Comics, models, keyrings, posters, pens - everything I can get my hands on! I also have one of the Official Lara Croft Magazine's with pictures, stories and catalouge!

tommyc_27
6th Dec 2002, 16:23
Yes, it is definatly PS2 for me!

AngelOfLara
11th Dec 2002, 19:41
Da PC baby!

I've always played the game on the pc, never on the playstation. How is it? Anyway, the pc keyboard isnt hard to control, its pretty easy. I just got upgrades on my pc: i got a T&L 64 mb video card (ati) and i got more memory. Im not sure how much, but im sure its enough.

The pc will always be better, since they make the games on the pc. :D

~Tomby

Raider of tombs
11th Dec 2002, 20:57
Both!!!!! I have a pc and i will buy a ps2 for Chrismas Well in Feb when AOD comes out YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHBHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :D

gran
12th Dec 2002, 23:59
play station 2
olny play station 2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

markmi123
13th Dec 2002, 01:48
First of all, you're very annoying gran, and secondly tommy its definitely

AngelOfLara
13th Dec 2002, 19:02
The pc will always be better, since they make the games on the pc.

~Tomby

Lady in Black
13th Dec 2002, 20:30
Originally posted by markmi123
First of all, you're very annoying gran, and secondly tommy its definitely
What does this got to do with choosing AOD for PC or Playstation?

Another thing, how could gran be annoying if he/she is just sharing his/hers opinion? So what if this person likes the Playstation!:mad:

Last thing, we don't need a teacher here because everyone make mistakes.:rolleyes:

RaiderGirl
14th Dec 2002, 09:42
I'm playing it on the comnputer, for other reasons. I only have a computer.:D
Anyways, I once or twice played TR3 on a PS and it sounded so confusing!!!
It is so diferent from a computer!!!
Anyways, wherever I thot impossible to die... I died!
Okay, bad example, just don't read it.:D ;) :) :p :rolleyes: :cool:

AODfreak_967
15th Dec 2002, 16:25
Originally posted by RaiderGirl
I'm playing it on the comnputer, for other reasons. I only have a computer.:D
Anyways, I once or twice played TR3 on a PS and it sounded so confusing!!!
It is so diferent from a computer!!!
Anyways, wherever I thot impossible to die... I died!
Okay, bad example, just don't read it.:D ;) :) :p :rolleyes: :cool:

What you mean, when I played chronicles on the PC, all the words got mixed up, like Eidos/Core lost there script or somthin!!!

Lady in Black
15th Dec 2002, 20:11
Originally posted by AODfreak_967
What you mean, when I played chronicles on the PC, all the words got mixed up, like Eidos/Core lost there script or somthin!!!
When I played TR Chronicles on PC, each time I'm to defeat a magical boss my computer crashes. That's why I sworn to myself that I'll never play Tomb Raider on PC again. :(

Lady in Black
15th Dec 2002, 20:15
Unless you own the website, but did you know that you're not allowed to use pictures from other people's websites?
Just want to warn you.

jso2897
16th Dec 2002, 05:21
I have been doing a little playing on a PS1 lately. I played TR2 on it, and then played it on my pc. It runs just as smooth and fast on the Playstation, but the graphics are not as good as the PC. AOD on the PS2 is going to look a lot better of course, but then it will look better on the PC too.

markmi123
18th Dec 2002, 00:08
Originally posted by Lady in Black
When I played TR Chronicles on PC, each time I'm to defeat a magical boss my computer crashes. That's why I sworn to myself that I'll never play Tomb Raider on PC again. :(

PC's can be frustrating at times, but it's worth the infrequent crashes when playing on PC if your system is fairly new, since the graphics end will be much superior...If your system is fairly new, go PC, otherwise, PS2