PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July... what did you do?

Whatz His Name
11th Jul 2002, 16:54
What did you (American) taffers do for the 4th of July?

littlek
11th Jul 2002, 17:02
I cleaned out my barn and then went to watch some local fireworks. Didn't do too much. What about you Whatz?

Whatz His Name
11th Jul 2002, 17:10
I went to the mountains. I like to climb and did so for the first time in a long while. It was wonderful. Nice sunny weather, cool breeze, beautiful view, and cool water in the creek. MAN! I love the mountains!

Even though I love winter and cold weather, I still love all the fun stuff you're able to do in the summer. :)

http://whatzhisname.com/animate/waterski.gif

littlek
11th Jul 2002, 17:13
I think there is a hill somewhere in N Indiana. But we do have lots of water! :p

Komag
11th Jul 2002, 18:54
I also went to the mountains in western Oregon to a campground for my wife's family reunion :) It was fun and good, but if it was all up to me I'd have just stayed home and played :p

BrokenArts
11th Jul 2002, 19:14
Me? well.......laid out in the sun for a bit, did the typical bar-b-cue thing.
And went to see some awesome fireworks, number 6 in the nation for firework displays. They were excellent. :D Haven't seen anything that good in years. :)
Weather was good too, played CD's too long in my truck, and it died, luckily the people next to us gave us a jump.
Only annoying thing, when the big *BOOM* from the fireworks, some car alarms kept going off. We were in downtown Dallas, so cars everywhere. Busier en hell, that is the only thing I don't enjoy, leaving, take too damn long. This year had more meaning all around for the fourth, and other people said the samething.
We should all be thankful for where we live. :)

Squid
11th Jul 2002, 19:28
Hmm... what did I do? Work. All night, until about 1:30 am. :( Can you tell I'm a little bitter? :/

Squid

BrokenArts
11th Jul 2002, 19:33
Aaahhhhh I'm sorry Squid!:(
I feel for ya.
You'll just have to celebrate harder the next holiday when you have a chance. :)

littlek
11th Jul 2002, 19:48
BA, what kind of truck do you have? Last December, when the interest rates went down, I bought a Chevy 3/4 ton, crew cab, 4x4 with the Allison transmission and duramax diesel motor. Pulls nice and it a lot quieter than the 1 ton Dodge diesel I used to have. Now I can go to a drive through! :D

ChowYunFat
11th Jul 2002, 21:56
I worked all day. :( But I did get paid triple time for doing so. :)

Whatz His Name
11th Jul 2002, 21:59
Originally posted by ChowYunFat
But I did get paid triple time...

WOW! Does your company need a new employee? :D

BrokenArts
11th Jul 2002, 22:17
littlek, I have a 99' Ford Ranger, XLT, extended Cab. Loaded. Has a topper on it, and windows on all sides. The truck comes in handy for work, sometimes need it to haul larger projects.
I look like a driving billboard for BrokenArts. :D
All the windows have BrokenArts on it, etc, etc. It works.
Can't hide in that thing very well. Ha.:rolleyes: ;)

SlyFoxx
12th Jul 2002, 12:57
I went to an annual big party a few blocks from my house at the governors club. My favorite watering hole was closed for the day 'cause a lot of the staff were working the party. Didn't matter 'cause all the Smithers regulars were at the party. There was a cool band and lots to eat and drink. It was fun even though it was about 102 in the sun with the standard Delaware 90% humidity.

The Governor showed up at one point...(hell I guess she had to her house is right across the street)....with her big burly body guard. I saw Mike Castle, our lone congressman at one point. He's up for re-election in November so I guess that's why he kept his tie on. I'd hate to see those legs in shorts so I guess it's just as well.

Hey BA, I got an extra set of jumper cables if you need 'em. :p

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 14:22
Nope, don't need them SlyFoxx, :p
This woman is always prepared. ;) :D

howie
12th Jul 2002, 21:44
Originally posted by littlek
BA, what kind of truck do you have? Last December, when the interest rates went down, I bought a Chevy 3/4 ton, crew cab, 4x4 with the Allison transmission and duramax diesel motor. Pulls nice and it a lot quieter than the 1 ton Dodge diesel I used to have. Now I can go to a drive through! :D

Sweet truck littlek. That engine will do a quarter-mile run in 16 seconds flat. Quite, light, powerful engine that has the other manufacturers scrambling for better diesel motors. That cummins/dodge truck can be heard from 5 miles away. The Ford International/powerstroke engine is pretty good but will be discontinued because of emission problems.

As for me, I have a 95 Chevy half-ton power with a 350 V-8 --> 5-speed ( weakest link now with the new automatic transmissions). Cab-and-a-half tho...no crew cab. ( I want to get a crew cab somewhere down the line.)

littlek
15th Jul 2002, 15:48
Thanks Howie - Most of my horsie friends pull their trailers with either the Dodge diesel or Ford diesel and thought I was crazy to buy this 'unproven' chevy diesel. I was unsure myself at first since I thought nothing could haul as well as that 1 ton dodge cummins that I had. That motor combined with the allison transmission is 'sweet.' :D