PDA

View Full Version : All Gear Unlocked?

DrKrunkenstein
15th Oct 2016, 14:23
Just got RotTR on PS4.

Every outfit is already unlocked. Once I got the revolver, I discovered that the rest of its upgrade path was also already unlocked - all the way to the uzi.

This essentially removes a huge part of the hunting/resource gathering/gear progression feature of the game.

Why is this happening with every single save, regardless of whether I delete the game and saves from my PS4 - and how do I get it fixed so that I can enjoy the entire game as it was designed?

Quatto87
15th Oct 2016, 23:04
Would love to know this as well -- I have every outfit so I assume this will happen to me. Looks like I'm waiting til next patch to even pick this game up again with the inability to link to square enix + input lag + this.

I really, really hope they fix the input lag most of all though + add a mode where we can play the game without automatically "having" everything.

Valenka
16th Oct 2016, 14:22
Every outfit is already unlocked. Once I got the revolver, I discovered that the rest of its upgrade path was also already unlocked - all the way to the uzi. This essentially removes a huge part of the hunting/resource gathering/gear progression feature of the game.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Once you find the Nagant revolver, several other weapons become available (Accipter Nox, Moon Shadow, Venom Hand Cannon, etc.) because those are standalone DLC weapons. Even on the Xbox One version, if you owned any pre-order DLC or purchased any as they became available, their weapons would become available as well. You never had to progress further in the game or scavenge supplies to unlock or craft the DLC weapons. They were always instaneously available upon purchase.

The game's stock/default weapons, however, are different. The Semi Auto Pistol and the Heavy Pistol must be crafted from weapon components scavenged in the game, like usual.

Same goes for most of the outfits; they're standalone DLC outfits and never had to be unlocked via progress.

Toomeeyrader
17th Oct 2016, 05:34
Hi,what about the silencer i have it on all my weapons but i cant seem to take it off as i only want it on selected weapons not all,And the option to go silent or go loud should be available ?

Valenka
17th Oct 2016, 23:52
Hi,what about the silencer i have it on all my weapons but i cant seem to take it off as i only want it on selected weapons not all,And the option to go silent or go loud should be available ?

Unfortunately, once a silencer is equipped, it becomes permanent. It cannot be detached. The last game had the option to add it or remove it, and I'm not sure why that feature was removed from Rise of the Tomb Raider.

DrKrunkenstein
18th Oct 2016, 12:25
Interesting, well thank you for that information. So its mostly a Square-Enix issue then - though I still don't think ALL of the outfits should be available at this point. It hadn't occurred to me that they would have dumped all the extraneous balance breaking DLC into the game without any considerations, but that's a publisher for you.

Thank you Valenka, that at least confirms that I can actually play the game, albeit by deliberately ignoring most of the tools available to me. Annoying, to be sure, but not world ending.

And for my final penny, I do wish we would get some of that old confident Lara back. Less morose! She's a modern Indiana Jones, not Survivor Man!

But otherwise, I mostly like what you lot have done!