PDA

View Full Version : Tried to play Blood Omen 1

crispy
11th Jul 2002, 03:21
But I couldn't, the game is soooo badly done... it sucks.. I want to play it as I've played all the other games, but I can't because it is so bad... The thought of killing mobeus entices me too much, lol.

I really hope someone could remake the game to make it more playable... *sigh*

Blood Omen ReDux.

darien_specter
11th Jul 2002, 03:36
We were working on it... but that project lies in limbo, now...

L_Master562
11th Jul 2002, 04:02
The sound at a Ps1 level like Sr1. The animation may have smoother. Too bad from the time it was produced that WAS THE BEST there could be not going into the 3D. It was good then. Then again, untill later in Bo1 its hack and slash and sucking blood of your enemies. Later you get cooler weapons, spells, and enemies. If you look at the Sr1 standerds, does it reach Sr2 or Bo2 graphic levels, no!!! I'd say play for the story. Play so you can kill the circle except Malek and Anactrothe. It is worth it. Look at the time in which it was created and also think, is it good from that standpoint. It makes it seem better. I want the remake to continue. I think it will be great.

blincoln
11th Jul 2002, 04:19
What's wrong with BO1? The graphics are a bit dated, but the gameplay is great.

KainSyndrome101
11th Jul 2002, 05:32
The first time I played it, I thought it sucked too. But, it eventually grew on me, and I've beat it like, three times, and I can't get enough of it. It also answers a lot of your questions about SR and SR2. And the weapons, spells, forms, and items kick major a$$!

Sue in UK
11th Jul 2002, 18:16
Like you, Crispy, I played both SRs first - then as it was the first one I got BO1 - put it on the machine and to my dismay it was a tiny lil Kain running around in little squares - sometimes I felt I could hardly see him. It could in no way compare with SR but as I continued with it anyway despite feeling so frustrated at first - it grew on me. I'm still playing it now (takes me a long time coz I don't get much time). But it does get better as you get used to it and you pick up cool spells and that. I'm nowhere near finished but am slogging on at it.

One thing I would say, though, put it on as large a tv as possible :D

Best of luck

Sue

L_Master562
11th Jul 2002, 18:37
...who got Bo1 when it came out???? I thought Sr1 expanded the world greatly. Thats why taking a step back by years could be why some don't like the game. I love it. I did sence the beggining. Gameplay is great. After you get the first few spells things really get even better though.

Jedilvr
11th Jul 2002, 20:42
I've had BO1 since it came out, however I never finished because I, to this day, can't figure out how to get to the doll maker. :D
Funny, with all the time I spend on this forum it never doned on me that I could just ask someone on here. :o
So how about it, any help on my quest? :)

Umah Bloodomen
11th Jul 2002, 21:21
Blood Omen 1: The reason why WE ALL are here.

:p

chuffy
11th Jul 2002, 21:46
i was introduced to BO1 by my friend. i played the first part (up to the point when kain takes revenge on his murderers and realises what he has become). then rushed out and brought it my self. great game.
say it with me,
.....................great game

chuffy

KainSyndrome101
11th Jul 2002, 22:04
Blood Omen is a true classic.

Ranmyaku
11th Jul 2002, 22:41
Heh. I played Soul Reaver first as well, but I still loved Blood Omen. It's a great game considering how old it be. I actually prefer the Blood Omen games to the Soul Reaver games. :D

crispy
12th Jul 2002, 01:14
Originally posted by Ranmyaku
Heh. I played Soul Reaver first as well, but I still loved Blood Omen. It's a great game considering how old it be. I actually prefer the Blood Omen games to the Soul Reaver games. :D

I agree.... felt Blood Omen 2 was fantastic, best of the lot... easy, kept simple, and no excessive levels of frustration, which ruins games, as games are supposed to be fun, not frustrating (ie - Soul Reaver combat system really annoys me)...

Blood Omen 1 is far too dark, very hard to see.

Took some people's advice, and tried to play it a few more times... couldn't do it... game sucks badly... sorry..

Overall, I hope, even with Soul Reaver 3, that both combat systems are incorporated, and made optional as to which one the player chooses... Chris@Crystal, can you have a "friendly" word to the development boys about that?????

Cheers.

KainSyndrome101
12th Jul 2002, 02:23
I'm sorry, but the game does not suck. It was incredible for its time back in 1996. Especially the FMVs. Those are the best looking FMVs I've seen that were made before 1998. Way better than FFVII, but not FFVIII.

I've already beaten it a couple of times and I still love it. Think of it as an adult version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

crispy
12th Jul 2002, 04:21
Originally posted by KainSyndrome101
I'm sorry, but the game does not suck. It was incredible for its time back in 1996. Especially the FMVs. Those are the best looking FMVs I've seen that were made before 1998. Way better than FFVII, but not FFVIII.

I've already beaten it a couple of times and I still love it. Think of it as an adult version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

oh, don't get me wrong, I agree, the FMV's are very nice ideed.. I enjoyed watching those...

royalmarine1980
13th Jul 2002, 01:34
my favourite FMV is when mobeius beheads vorodor, then gives his anti-vampire speech and points at Kain and the villagers go crazy. The look on Kain's face then was great :D

KainSyndrome101
13th Jul 2002, 01:48
My favorite part is when Kain lops off Moebius' head. It's extremely satisfying.

WHACK!

NosgothicGod
13th Jul 2002, 03:35
well yeah this game can be frustrating at first but a little bit then after it's when the madness begins, and i agree blood omen it's a classic and i would love a remake for this game, i think eidos and cristal should really consider about remaking it....

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2002, 05:07
look, you MUST get at least to malek`s bastion to make an opinion of the game.

It doesn`t suck. To my taste it is the best of the LoK series.

The grafics ARE bad, its gameplay, STORY and features are excelent.

Just try it, if you get to kill malek and you still think it is bad, then you can say it sucks!

Vampmaster
13th Jul 2002, 16:55
It gets more fun when you start to get secret weapons and spells. The flesh armour drinks blood for you so you can just kill your enemies. The chaos armour makes enemies take half of the damage the cause to you. The Soul Reaver explodes enemies in one hit and the lightning spell kills nearly everything on screen. These are awesome secrets in you can find them.

NosgothicGod
13th Jul 2002, 19:24
i think one of the reasons that people don't like it it's cause they don't know what to do or where to go, and the fact that there's hardly a walktrough anywhere on the internet it doesn't help either, maybe us the people who have finished the game we could try and make a walktrough and post it here, listing everything we know every item,every armor just everything, so that they could get trough and enjoy materpice, anyone in favor of making a complete walktrough for BO1 just post here.

KainSyndrome101
14th Jul 2002, 04:12
It was very hard the first time, even with a strategy guide from the internet. It only told me where to go, nothing else.

Yes, it's very easy to get lost in this game.

Time Streamer
15th Jul 2002, 17:52
But that's the fun of it. Eventually you find the right path where to go. Althought I think the whole thing was pretty straightforward all along. The sidetracks between the starting point and destination offered most of the fun.

blincoln
15th Jul 2002, 19:09
Totally. *All* RPGs used to be that way. Ever played The Bard's Tale III? They were all about exploring the world to find out where to go.

KainSyndrome101
15th Jul 2002, 19:23
I remember the first time I rented this game, before I bought it, and I got stuck in the Energy Bolt dungeon - the part where you have to shoot those switches on the walls. Well, before you get to that part, you have to shoot a switch beyond spikes, and I never noticed it, so I never got past it until I bought the game. It was very satisfying indeed, to finally conquer that retar - sorry, cool dungeon.

Time Streamer
16th Jul 2002, 17:38
Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play Bard III myself, only watched it little as somebody played. Similiar type of game which I've played is Pool of Radiance (Gold Box version from late 80's). Great game, lots of places to explore and stuff to collect.

Only place where I really got stuck first in the BO1 was in the Nuptraptor's Retreat. I didn't realise I'd had to shoot the button beyond the spiked floor inorder to open it near the chained serving girl or maybe I didn't see the button first back then.

Ranmyaku
16th Jul 2002, 18:16
Well, I was stuck wandering around Malek's Bastion for at least a month. Me, in a fit of stupidity, didn't bother to check if the center door was open to the courtyard. *smacks forehead* Then I didn't have to much trouble. Except with finding my way to Elzevir. I completely forgot about using my control mind spell.... ^^;

keepittrue
16th Jul 2002, 20:30
I thought BO1 was great, I do have to admit my first intake on the game was not good but after a while I loved it. Bo1 had many puzzeles none of them had me stuck for a month but there were some that had me stumped for a while. More than the other games.

Vampmaster
17th Jul 2002, 20:04
Did someone ask for a walkthrough? Here's one:

http://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.gamesdomain.co.uk/pub/walkthrus/Blood-Omen.txt

Epsillion
18th Jul 2002, 08:26
IMO, there is nothing at all wrong with BO1. It is an older game and looks that way. It plays great, is a good challenge but not a frustrating one, and it has a long involved story.