chrisdaventry
14th Oct 2016, 12:01
By Lyle Croft

lNuzsNfznfs

VkWcKd-ikJo

NNdr7HJKv-Y

Tecstar70
14th Oct 2016, 12:50
Then it wouldn't be reboot Lara. It would be classic Lara and people would still say they don't like the game because its still not enough like TR2.

Crystal/Square, this ISN'T how Reboot Lara should be in TR11.

Enjoy playing with the skins and move on... :whistle:

chrisdaventry
14th Oct 2016, 13:52
So you prefer Reboot Lara to tell the player what to do and where to go, you prefer Reboot Lara to sound so exhausting and Emotional, you prefer Reboot Lara to Survive everything and have like anxiety attacks.

Im not saying make Classic Skins to be in TR11 im saying Toughen Lara up like Classic Lara. When she is under water or digging up something, you litterly see the Sad Expression in her face, come on girl lighten up a little, you dont have to Survive everything like your life depends on it.

Oh and Camilla Luddington should go to Speech Therapy so her English Accent can come back or get a British Girl that Sounds British for goodness sakes.

Metalrocks
14th Oct 2016, 14:38
im happy wit the looks of the new lara but i certainly agree that she should lighten up and smile instead of having this sad face. its like she always has the same expression. also agree that she should sound more british. to me is like, she lost it than in 2013.
i can accept the breathing and some grunts and screams but certainly not all the time. now able to play with these old skins is sweet. played the first level with tr2 lara and it looked hilarious among this beautiful graphic.

Rai
14th Oct 2016, 15:47
These videos are fun. It's cool the way Lyle edited them to include AoD Lara's lines and soundbites. I'm certainly impressed with his editing.

Reboot Lara is evolving. I know there are some people who think she's not doing so enough or quickly enough, but I get the impression that this comes from people who want as close resemblance to classic Lara as possible. However, Reboot Lara is Reboot Lara, she's not suddenly going to develop into a version of classic Lara, with sassy one liners. Obviously, I don't know Crystal's plans, but it does seem to me that they are developing Lara into a more hardened adventurer. She certainly seems more confident and in control in Rise compared to TR'13, imo. I would like her to become even more competent in the next game. The lines and attitude expressed by AoDLara, although fun to see in those videos, still came off as corny and too harsh, imo and don't 'fit' too well in the context. Sassy one liner put downs can lighten the mood and have their place, I think, but they don't work so well if they're done all the time. Some of Reboot Lara's lines in the scenes shown worked much better and were suitable. I think Reboot Lara is doing just fine. She has many emotions and expressions. She reacts as you'd expect a person to react in the circumstances she's in. I would like less hints, but this isn't Lara's personality, it's CD giving us unnecessary hints. I also happen to think Camilla is doing a fine job.

Error96_
15th Oct 2016, 02:01
Reboot Lara is evolving. I know there are some people who think she's not doing so enough or quickly enough, but I get the impression that this comes from people who want as close resemblance to classic Lara as possible. However, Reboot Lara is Reboot Lara, she's not suddenly going to develop into a version of classic Lara, with sassy one liners.

When you used the word sassy well exactly the word I have been saying over the last couple of years Lara needs more of. I love a bit of smart one liner humour to cut through a Lara 'moody all the time' attitude. It would really fresh to have that back. I dislike the use of she is reboot Lara now as an excuse for not producing as good of a character as we could get. More than focussing on that she is reboot Lara is more important to see her as an incarnation of Lara Croft.

I think Reboot Lara is doing just fine. She has many emotions and expressions. She reacts as you'd expect a person to react in the circumstances she's in. I would like less hints, but this isn't Lara's personality, it's CD giving us unnecessary hints. I also happen to think Camilla is doing a fine job.

I agree there has been a big improvement for Rise in that we have a much better continuity between in game and cut-scene Lara. I still find too much emotion, too little sass and sadly despite a better performance Camilla is still not right for the Lara's voice. Sorry if I disagreed with most of what you put but I definitely believe more sassiness would substantially improve Lara's Rise in-game persona. With these videos Lyle croft has hit pretty accurately what I want to see.

suisari
15th Oct 2016, 07:22
So you prefer Reboot Lara to tell the player what to do and where to go, you prefer Reboot Lara to sound so exhausting and Emotional, you prefer Reboot Lara to Survive everything and have like anxiety attacks.

Im not saying make Classic Skins to be in TR11 im saying Toughen Lara up like Classic Lara. When she is under water or digging up something, you litterly see the Sad Expression in her face, come on girl lighten up a little, you dont have to Survive everything like your life depends on it.

Oh and Camilla Luddington should go to Speech Therapy so her English Accent can come back or get a British Girl that Sounds British for goodness sakes.

Is it not enough for you to ramble on with this crap on TRF that you have to spam the SE Forums with it too?:whistle:

chrisdaventry
15th Oct 2016, 09:14
Different People, Different Forum, Different Opinions ;)

Tecstar70
15th Oct 2016, 09:30
So you prefer Reboot Lara to tell the player what to do and where to go,
Now that's a gameplay element rather than a character element, so that will be down to personal taste but yes sometimes I would rather not be told what to do.

you prefer Reboot Lara to sound so exhausting and Emotional, you prefer Reboot Lara to Survive everything and have like anxiety attacks.
Yes, because reboot Lara is not fully formed classic Lara. I am enjoying seeing the character develop and can see that reboot Lara is on a journey. Lara in TR1 had already travelled that journey. CD are trying to inject some believability into the character formation. Through trials and tribulations you become strong or break down. That seems to be what you are objecting to.

Well in the storylines so far, her life kinda does depend on it. There are people and animals trying to kill her.

Her accent is fine. What I do think is that sometimes her delivery sounds a bit forced. As the character matures I hope that if another actress would be more appropriate that CD go down that route.

Scion_Light
17th Oct 2016, 09:49
Different People, Different Forum, Different Opinions ;)

I for one agree with what you are saying as I don't really like the emotional stuff from Lara so much. As for voice actress I would like to see them bring Keeley back as her delivery of lines feels more convincing. I love Lara's dark sense of humour and one liner wit and would prefer that element of cutting edge to her persona over the emotional stuff.

HandofMidas
19th Oct 2016, 12:17
Those vidoes were really cool and well done Chris and Lyle. Having played some UC and LCTOO recently and liked some of the amusing banter I can see that a bit of wit would be good to see in the next TR. Lara is just a bit too serious in Rise for me.