PDA

View Full Version : Rise,Best time to play the DLC

Toomeeyrader
13th Oct 2016, 03:27
Hi,is it best to play the DLC after completion or in the game as you go? Because im currently reading laras fathers letters and such, its just so everything works out well for the gameplay perspective really.
Also how do i get the commando skin? That looks awsomeness impo,
Thank you.

Metalrocks
13th Oct 2016, 03:56
according to the message when you start the game, you can pay the blood ties dlc after a certain point of the game. but since its really an hour long, you can easily wait until you have finished the main game. there is no mention what so ever to the main game. just lara and the manor she needs to solve the puzzles.

HandofMidas
19th Oct 2016, 12:39
As they are not connected I don't suppose it matters. Whenever you feel like a break from main game.

TXGT-FFX
20th Oct 2016, 19:05
As they are not connected I don't suppose it matters. Whenever you feel like a break from main game.

They are connected. She mentions the Syria trip at some point when you find an collectible. The events of Blood Ties take place after she returned from Syria.

Lara_Fan_84
21st Oct 2016, 00:47
I played Blood Ties shortly after it was available on the main menu. But, I waited a bit before playing it, I think I was 10% or 20% into the game. You do get some spoilers about Lara's Dad and Mom but I don't think it's anything major that will ruin the rest of the game for you. Plus, as you progress through the game you find more things in the manor which are related to game play stuff.

One thing I can't understand is why it took Lara two seconds to fix the ceiling (or it stopped raining) but she didn't work on anything else, except add a few mop buckets and a generator. I think it would have been neat if as you progress and explore the manor more of the manor is fixed.

Toomeeyrader
22nd Oct 2016, 08:40
Are there weapons to be found in the mannor that can be used in the main game?If theres weapon stuff im going in but im planning on finishing the main story then the DLC content,

Valenka
22nd Oct 2016, 22:23
I've heard that Blood Ties takes place after Lara's expedition to Syria. I don't consider that to be true, because of the pace of the game. Lara needs to find the divine source before Trinity; she doesn't have time to be traipsing around Croft Manor in the meantime.

TXGT-FFX
23rd Oct 2016, 15:28
One thing I can't understand is why it took Lara two seconds to fix the ceiling (or it stopped raining) but she didn't work on anything else, except add a few mop buckets and a generator. I think it would have been neat if as you progress and explore the manor more of the manor is fixed.

Not 2 seconds. After you reach the main goal in Blood Ties the game shows you the Blood Ties logo and a quick credits. After that you go back into the game where you see the text at the bottom of the screen "TWO DAYS LATER" and you see Lara wearing a Blue Henley now instead of Leather Jacket.
The interesting thing is that when you go to find remaining collectables you'll find the Atlas from Syberia and Lara says that Sophia gave it to her. That means the time she spent in Syberia took her only 2 days. But it seems like too little time for us players.