PDA

View Full Version : About PS4 Limited edition "Artbook"

gtyyy123
12th Oct 2016, 07:17
I received PS4 pre-order today, and extremely disappoint to see that the "Artbook" is nothing more than a disk case that contains 14 pages of print. Many of the art felt like fan art to me as they are all in different style. Are those art from actual TR game's character designer? Maybe someone can answer this for me.

Personally I don't see much relation between the artbook and 20 years anniversary, as it didn't refresh my memory of each TR series. I wouldn't call it an art book as well, it is a small booklet, a fan art's booklet that isn't worth to collect in my opinion. :-(

Does anyone felt the same way as I do?

Telekill
12th Oct 2016, 17:02
I believe it states in the front blurb of the book that it includes fan art. I was hoping for more than what was there but it was free so complaining doesn't really do any good.

My favorite piece is all the Laras from the different games in the diner. Pretty cool concept.

gtyyy123
12th Oct 2016, 20:56
I believe it states in the front blurb of the book that it includes fan art. I was hoping for more than what was there but it was free so complaining doesn't really do any good.

My favorite piece is all the Laras from the different games in the diner. Pretty cool concept.

Actually, this booklet isn't free. It is one of the additional deliverable to fillin the package, as the game is already over a year old. I am upset because this amount of artwork doesn't justified as a book, they are just few prints attached onto disk packaging. I don't mind fan art, but I don't feel there are enough artwork to represent 20 years history of this franchise.

I also agree with you that "1996-2013", it is one of my favorite art as well. It has all the nostalgia for Lara's progression from different games. Too bad it is not a book that I can display on my bookshelf. I was expecting more of the these kind art for anniversary edition. :-/