PDA

View Full Version : Blood Ties Discussion

Tecstar70
11th Oct 2016, 10:47
Just finished Blood Ties and really enjoyed it. Loved the little easter eggs and references back to the classic games such as locking Winston in the fridge and Xian from TR2. All the collectables fill out reboot Lara's back story and in some aspects there are similar details to classic Lara's backstory. I really feel this is building reboot Lara's universe for the final part in the Trinity trilogy and for what happens beyond.

I know some people asked before, but your exploration is confined to the manor for the moment - no gardens, assault course or gym.
Oh, and the Xbox Achievement artwork is lovely too!

What other little easter eggs did you find? (Use spoiler tags please!)

a_big_house
11th Oct 2016, 11:01
I know some people asked before, but your exploration is confined to the manor for the moment - no gardens, assault course or gym.

*sigh*

Suppose I'll drag myself through this later tonight

Tecstar70
11th Oct 2016, 11:48
*sigh*

Suppose I'll drag myself through this later tonight

:(

Tecstar70
11th Oct 2016, 12:24
Here is some Blood Ties achievement art:

Metalrocks
11th Oct 2016, 13:37
damn, i still have to wait till late night for me to be released. in other words: tomorrow for me.

LaraCroft04
11th Oct 2016, 15:53
The best part for me was when you press play on the gramophone in the library and the Venice song from TR2 plays ! I literally just stood there listening to it 4 times over. And I loved how Lara commented saying ' this sounds familiar' :D

The Easter eggs in this DLC were really well done I felt, I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the dual pistols moment, I just hope we actually get them in the next game and it isn't just a tease

I loved every minute of this DLC, the story was interesting and I got emotional reading some of the letters. What an amazing way to celebrate 20 years of Tomb Raider !

a_big_house
11th Oct 2016, 21:26
:(
Whut. :rasp:

I stand by my sigh. It was okay, lots of story (as depressing as it was), but the Manor just didn't feel like a manor to me; there was no actual exploration because there was nowhere you could go that you didn't have to go to at some point anyway.
You know the crypt entrance I guessed it was there the second I walked into the main hall :lol:

The best part for me was when you press play on the gramophone in the library and the Venice song from TR2 plays ! I literally just stood there listening to it 4 times over. And I loved how Lara commented saying ' this sounds familiar' :D
Yes. Best part by far.

The Easter eggs in this DLC were really well done I felt, I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the dual pistols moment, I just hope we actually get them in the next game and it isn't just a tease
I actually missed this? - Is this a relic or just a side thing that happens (I'm missing 7 relics)

EDIT: You know what... I have a theory
I've just realized that most of the throwbacks/easter eggs were about Tomb Raider 2; the Winston freezer note, the gramophone music, the Dragon of Xian statue (and her comment on how she should travel there) and my instinctive reply of "remake the game then" - Hints that we're getting a TR2 remake? :D

Kasumi28
11th Oct 2016, 22:34
I loved all the easter egg references! The ones I noticed were:

Young Lara locking Winston in a walk-in freezer
The gramophone in the library plays the Venice music from TR2
Jade dragon statuette in Richard's room. Lara mentions checking this out some day, it's a reference to the Temple of Xian from TR2
Roth's dual pistols on Richard's desk at the end of the DLC

I also like how the manor changes a little once you complete the DLC and Lara moves in. She brings her own stuff to Richard's old study.

I'm missing one of the busts from the relics collection though... Has anybody found them all? Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's in Amelia's crypt.

Metalrocks
12th Oct 2016, 06:58
so, finally had the chance to play it. have to agree on the easter eggs as well.
a bit of a shame though that you cant walk out and not more to explore. was hoping once you have completed it, that the entire manor would be unlocked and you can explore the rest and solve more puzzles.

also played as TR2 lara which was just hilarious to look at how pixelated she was 20 years ago within this really beautiful looking environments.

KyleLiddell
25th Oct 2016, 04:50
Whut. :rasp:

I stand by my sigh. It was okay, lots of story (as depressing as it was), but the Manor just didn't feel like a manor to me; there was no actual exploration because there was nowhere you could go that you didn't have to go to at some point anyway.
You know the crypt entrance I guessed it was there the second I walked into the main hall :lol:

Yes. Best part by far.

I actually missed this? - Is this a relic or just a side thing that happens (I'm missing 7 relics)

EDIT: You know what... I have a theory
I've just realized that most of the throwbacks/easter eggs were about Tomb Raider 2; the Winston freezer note, the gramophone music, the Dragon of Xian statue (and her comment on how she should travel there) and my instinctive reply of "remake the game then" - Hints that we're getting a TR2 remake? :D

But what if that means that they will remake TR II in the reboot universe? I'm down for that but the majority of hardcore fans seem to resent any aspect of that idea. I love the reboot universe just as much, if not more than, the old universe and genuinely hope this happens. I really miss dragons and giant lizards in TR.

AdobeArtist
26th Oct 2016, 15:48
So after sitting on my HDD for a good while, I finally got the time to play Blood Ties. And I gotta say, experiencing the Manor in such detail and in the state it was in was incredibly atmospheric. Not to mention moving, both for really seeing it brought to life like never before, and finding it so derelict and neglected, really evoking an emotional awakening to a place that we have as much connection to as Lara herself. It was kind of haunting.

Sure the exploration was limited, but with the environment being as detailed in design and atmosphere as this, still a very much engrossing experience. I can't wait to visit the Manor in future installments.

I was also finding myself engaged in discovering the history of Richard and Amelia, their early romance and relationship, which provides a great deal more insight Amelia's own family and her upbringing before marrying and becoming a Croft. Plus the really cool bonus was learning how the two had come to name their child... a really clever intriguing twist there :D

And it goes without saying, the most satisfying moment in the game....

The epilogue, where after all of Lara's uncertainty, she finally declares her intent to reclaim FULL OWNERSHIP of Croft Manor. No more deliberating, or pondering where she belongs, or if it has any place in her life. At last she knows what she has to do. Because it's not just a brick house, it's her legacy and her BIRTHRIGHT, which she has once again come to accept and embrace, taking her rightful place as a FULLY REALIZED CROFT!!!
So yeah, I was feeling all those overwhelming feely feels from that... still am, hehe :o:D:friends:

a_big_house
27th Oct 2016, 10:41
But what if that means that they will remake TR II in the reboot universe? I'm down for that but the majority of hardcore fans seem to resent any aspect of that idea. I love the reboot universe just as much, if not more than, the old universe and genuinely hope this happens. I really miss dragons and giant lizards in TR.

I would fall into the category of those hardcore fans, but honestly as long as Lara is portrayed as the classic Lara and the world was recognizable (no crying, fighting 50,000 men, hub areas etc.) I wouldn't really mind which universe the game is set in.