PDA

View Full Version : SA jumps over Lava........HELP!

bene
10th Jul 2002, 21:37
I have the walkthrough BUT...................on the third slope, WHERE is the ladder?

Drew
11th Jul 2002, 07:51
The idea is to just get correct positions and perfectly timed jumps from one pillar to the next and the slopes will automatically throw you in the correct directions. At one point you'll reverse direction and you will be on the pillars/slopes by the wall (on your right towards the direction of the opening). The black wall (same side as the opening) you'll face on your last slide here is grabable, climbable, shimmyable. A couple more flips, slides, jumps will get you inside that opening.

bene
11th Jul 2002, 16:31
Drew - did you start from the top of 1st pillar or as walkthrough suggests, from second step with backflip?
I'm doing something wrong because she can't get to side wall to get to ladder.

Drew
11th Jul 2002, 23:36
Not at the top. I either land on or miss over the second pillar if she starts from the top. Not too high (nor low) for her to grab the second pillar. The jump directions she took from the second pillar and on: forward, left, forward, right (angle left), left, left (grab next pillar). From hereon (you're facing the direction of the opening from the pillars by the wall): pull up, jump (no slide), grab next. On the last pillar, slide a long way , last second jump, grab the wall/ladder. If you have a screenie, i can diagram the moves. Hope you get this.

bene
12th Jul 2002, 03:41
Thanks Drew. I finally got to the pool. But I would not have without your help! It was the left angled jump that did it.

Drew
13th Jul 2002, 06:33
No problem :) way to go! Now if you double time, you may catch up on Juno yet as he's taking his sweet time :D

davwags
13th Jul 2002, 10:37
I made it to the metro level! That lava room was hard but I made it starting from the top.