PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!! In Ground Zero

Dreamaker
10th Jul 2002, 15:55
Me and my friend are EXTREMELY stuck. We are at the end of ground zero. We have done everthing that needed to be done. I.E. Release all the Scavengers and released the truck (by shooting the beam under it) We still need the pass key that I guess we were supposed to get by talking to the leader. Well this would be easy if we could find the leader. There are only two scavengers walking around but we cannot find the right one. I would hate to start this game over. PLEASE HELP!@!! Please e-mail if you have any clue too!

ICEBreaker
10th Jul 2002, 16:35
The leader is the old man with goggles wearing a backpack (see fig. 1). He is sometimes hard to spot because he is standing in the shadows. However if he is not there, it could be due to two terrible possibilites. If you shot down truck after letting the Scavengers into the area, the leader could be crush by the falling truck, or he could have been killed by the mutants. If this is the case you might have to start from a previous saved game.

http://northwood.caltech.edu/ice/pe/pe09_leader.jpg
Fig .1: Ground Level > Scavenger Leader

Dreamaker
10th Jul 2002, 17:26
Thanks ICEBreaker, I know we did not release the truck after letting the scavengers out, I remember questioning that and wondered if I should have let them out first. Second, I don't recall and mutants left when we released them. I know this game has alot of bugs but i'm hoping that this isn't one of them because our last saved game is screwed up too. For some reason Amber cannot shoot/action. We don't know what happened with her. Thanks again.

In The case that I can't start from another game, is there a way I can start over and jump to the Ground Zero level?

mrdefender
11th Jul 2002, 03:09
I'm pretty sure that when u get to a new level, it appears in the select level option. so u could do "new game", "select level", "ground zero"

ICEBreaker
11th Jul 2002, 05:57
That is right. Or else you can cheat and just complete the current level and move on to the next one. Start PE with the cheats parameter.

Example:
In Windows: Start > Run >
c:\Project Eden\Eden.exe - cheats

Then after you have started the game, enter the in-game menu by right clicking the mouse. You will notice a triangular cheat sign at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Press that to access the cheats menu which will allow you to go to the next level.

--- SPOILERS ---

What happens is that you get the key from the leader, and access the Dr Molenski's old residence when he used to live with the Scavengers. There isn't much there. You come across a video in which Molenski talks about moving. Afterwards the team goes into the UPA elevator. You are not missing much.

Transcipt of video:
\Project Eden\Movies\L9_21.m1v
Open with Windows Media Player

I've found the perfect place to continue my experiments. There is an old nuclear bunker under here, which is chalked full of useful equipment. It's amazing. What with all the stuff the earth people have got me, I think I can get a basic gene splicer working. At last, I could be able to cure Lucy.

Dreamaker
11th Jul 2002, 11:14
Well I must thank you all first for your help, but there is still one major problem, I'm playing this on PS2, so going to windows prompts doens't help me. See my problem ;) I'll be trying the game tonight. Anything else I should know?

ICEBreaker
11th Jul 2002, 12:35
In that case use the PS2 cheats. Inside the game activate the Resource Menu by pressing X. While holding down the SELECT button, push the left analogue UP into the 12 o'clock position and rotate it 3 times clockwise, followed immediately by 3 times anti-clockwise. A small triangular cheats icon will appear on the bottom right corner of the menu, underneath the Log icon. If you do not see it, then repeat the procedure until you do. Selecting the icon will activate the cheats menu which includes the option to END CURRENT LEVEL.

Dreamaker
11th Jul 2002, 12:41
Thanks again ICEBreaker, I'll try that tonight and let you know how we made out.

ICEBreaker
11th Jul 2002, 12:43
I have re-encoded the video for you. You can download the 1.6MB video (http://northwood.caltech.edu/ice/pe/PE-L09.mpg) from Dr Molenski describing his departure.

mrdefender
11th Jul 2002, 17:14
actually. its -cheat well.. thats what i have and it works.

The only cheat I have enabled is max energy/unlimited energy.

I had the invulnerability code on but if u fall down far you dont die so u need to load a save and if your save isnt close enough to the point where you fell down...

ICEBreaker
11th Jul 2002, 20:08
I think both works.

Dreamaker
12th Jul 2002, 11:18
Well, after about an hour looking for that stupid leader we gave up, BUT we were able to start the level over again, this time when we released the scavengers we followed the leader. Wouldn't you know it, he ran in friggin' circles for about 5 mins before we could talk to him. Strange, and you should have seen how funny it looked with both us us chasing him like dummies. Never-the-less we finally got the card off of him and was able to proceed to the next level.

Thanks for all the help! :D

MAGGIE
12th Jul 2002, 20:29
Dreamaker, please forgive me my bad manners in not welcoming you to the forum....Big Welcome..:)

I see our very kind and helpful friend Ice ,has been there to give you all the help needed. :)

mrdefender
12th Jul 2002, 21:23
i found the leader behind a huge piece of wall that fell. if u turn on the torch and go back to the door where the scavengers entered the area with the truck then head back to the truck and look to your right.

Dreamaker
16th Jul 2002, 11:24
Thanks Maggie, it's a pleasure being here. I must say I received more help than I expected. Alot of other forums aren't always as welcome to helping new people.

Again, thanks to EVERYONE for there help, I have finally found more time to try to complete the game. Right now i'm in the final level and can't wait to finish the game.

Any suggestions for more two player-coop games for PS-2? I really liked the teamwork that went into this game. Thumbs up to Edios for there "Attention to Detail" with this game.

mrdefender
16th Jul 2002, 20:00
its available on PS2? Graphics should be amazing..

I wonder what graphic card the PS2 uses? I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 on this pc.

Dreamaker
16th Jul 2002, 20:20
Yeah, Eden is available on PS-2, I bought it for $14.99 at Electronics Boutique. Game was really good on it, a couple of flaws though. For instance, don't try to squeeze through something, you may get stuck and can't get out without restarting the last saved game. Other than that it was great, you can play all four players using the multi-tap. Tv screen gets real small but you get used to it.....

MAGGIE
16th Jul 2002, 20:38
Dreamaker, just make sure you pop in when you are in the neighborhood, don't be a stranger.:)

Sorry, I am completely dumb where PS2 is concerned..I cannot give you any ideas on the different games..probably Ice or Runtime will be along later..they will know. :)

ICEBreaker
17th Jul 2002, 02:36
Sorry Dreamaker but I also don't have a PS2 and so don't know of any good games.

MrDefender, PS2 graphics is inferior to PCs, especially if you have a GF3 equivalent card.

mrdefender
17th Jul 2002, 02:51
dunno.. my cousin and my sister's bf have a ps2 and it looks sharp. Cousin showed me red faction for ps2 (i have it for pc) and it looked better.

Speaking of platforms.. Xbox's hit title "Halo" is gonna come out on PC and mac.