PDA

View Full Version : Save games transfer

lavek
10th Jul 2002, 15:45
It may have been on the old forums, but since they aren't there now I will ask it again. I got a new pc and need to transfer my old save games to the new one. Anyone know how to do that? I copied the Output directory from the old machine to the new one but that didn't seem to work. I can use the cheat to complete the missions I've already been through but I'd rather just transfer my save games.

1shot1kill
10th Jul 2002, 15:55
Just the output folder should do the trick, worked for dozens of other people.

Mike_B
10th Jul 2002, 16:01
Make sure that the copied output folder isn't under the current output folder like: c:\commandos2\output\output\xxxxx.sav but c:\commandos2\output\xxxx.sav

lavek
10th Jul 2002, 16:07
It's the way is should be, not nested. I really figured it would work fine but it didn't. Is there something else I'm missing? I appreciate your quick reply.

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 17:11
Nope that's all. I doubt there is any other way

lavek
10th Jul 2002, 17:50
Okay. Thanks for all the replies. I'll double check it when I get home and make sure the path is correct. Maybe I have to install the patch. I had the patch installed on my previous computer but haven't installed it yet on my new one. Maybe that's the culprit. This is really a good forum. I've watched it for a while but today was my first post.

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 20:43
You should post here regularly lavek!:)

we need more active members here

lavek
10th Jul 2002, 20:54
I would like to. I just stay so busy all the time. Last night was the first time in months that I've actually played C2. At this rate I might be finished with it 6 months after C3 comes out.

Thorup
10th Jul 2002, 20:57
well it is an easy game, compared to c1 so you'll probably finish it in no time.