PDA

View Full Version : Wadmerger

isis
10th Jul 2002, 12:08
Sorry, I know this has probably been asked before in the old forum but I can't find anything in the search on this one - the question is when saving a wad with Wadmerger and it says the wad contains X tiles and X amount of textinfo, what roughly are the limits?

Thanks

Maichy
10th Jul 2002, 16:03
Don't know for the textinfos, but there is a limit of 16 tiles per level. Only that when you convert your project, also the room textures are included in this number, so the real limit depends on how many textures you are using.

TRWad
10th Jul 2002, 18:42
My level has 28 texture tiles (!!!) and still works.
For textinfos, after 2048 they will look wrong in the editor.

isis
10th Jul 2002, 19:07
Originally posted by TRWad
My level has 28 texture tiles (!!!) and still works.
For textinfos, after 2048 they will look wrong in the editor.

Well as I'm only on 1253 testinfos and 11 tiles I've got a long way to go before I reach that limit ! I've been adding textures and objects so often I keep thinking every time I save the wad it's going to explode - bit like blowing a balloon up and waiting for it to go bang! :D

Cheers!

TRWad
10th Jul 2002, 19:58
WADMerger has a code installed to reduce the number of textures so you won't reach the limit very easy. And my level with 28 tiles has most of them as bumpmap. The limit of 16 seems to be for non-bump+object textures only. so: BUMP your levels!