PDA

View Full Version : How about a new ongoing SR comic ?

Stone Cold
10th Jul 2002, 07:35
I've been thinking about this.
What if some big-name comic developper (Like Image or Marvel) would start a new ongoing SR comic that has it's own unique storyline.

I know that there are a lot of people who disliked the SR one-shot that was released by Top Cow a few years back.
(Personally, I liked it.)

Umah Bloodomen
10th Jul 2002, 07:51
I also liked the Top Cow comic, but alas I would stand to think that where the idea failed before, the bigger companies may not want a part of it.

Would be rather interesting to see McFarlane pick it up though.

Stone Cold
10th Jul 2002, 08:03
Yeah, McFarlane would be a good choice.
Also, the team that did Hellblazer from DC might be a good choice.

Who knows, maybe we get to see another comic when SR3 arrives.

L_Master562
10th Jul 2002, 08:19
the story is interesting and clearly states that it will deviate from the course of the official story, a LoK comic would rock. I think that there are only a few certain comic publishers that would pick up the title, but they could do quite well taking from the true story and taking a different course. A true to the game story would be hard to make dues to games being in development and the fact comics are released for the most part monthly. Some are bi-monthly, but some are also released fort-nightly(hope I spelled that near right so people can figure out this odd English word). There would be to big a gap to keep the story going unless it leads up to the Bo or the Sr series though leading up to Sr may still be made into games. A new spin on things many times work. I would still have a high standerd of writing held to the story though and that would be tricky. Then again, I would like one-shots released for each game alone as well. I liked the first. Now we need one for Sr2 if they could figure out how to do that well.

Stone Cold
10th Jul 2002, 18:00
L_Master.

A SR2 one-shot doesn't sound too bad indeed.

As for writing, indeed it must be good, especially with LoK's high-standards of story-telling.

I can think of a few good writers such as Doug Moench or Alan Grant (both of Batman fame).

As for the artist, Jim Lee if you're going for sleek design.
If you're going for Gothic Horror, Kelley Jones.

Serul
10th Jul 2002, 19:53
Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe make a comic about other key characters, for example about Vorador, how he became a vampire. Or a story about how the Cabal came into exitance.

Or perhaps a story about what Sarafan Rahab was doing when the other ones where attacking Janos. :p

Azuriel
10th Jul 2002, 21:07
Originally posted by Serul
Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe make a comic about other key characters, for example about Vorador, how he became a vampire. Or a story about how the Cabal came into exitance.

Or perhaps a story about what Sarafan Rahab was doing when the other ones where attacking Janos. :p

Serul, i know you got talent. care to give that idea a try? `
would be interesting...

warpsavant
10th Jul 2002, 21:28
Amy should write the comic. Either that or Paul Jenkins. He writes comics and worked on Sr2 dialogue, its in the Sr2 credits.

Jenkins works at Top Cow and Marvel. I have no idea if Amy would even want to write a comic but Paul Jenkins I bet would.

I do not think mac would do a SR comic.

chuffy
10th Jul 2002, 22:04
i got that comic the one done as a before raziel gets his wings ripped off. Where a seer! tell him all thats gonna happen to him in basic. how he will kill his brothers and hunt down kain.
i liked it and was done quite well. And would love to see more of them. I think that if McFarlane did it would be great. To show how dark kain and raziel's lifes are and how they cope with the trials that are placed on them. the spawn comics are so dark and deep story wise if any one could do LOK justice i would think it would be McFarlane. i think marcel would fumble alittle bit when i came to depicting a hero that is'nt wearing spandex. lol. Or a hero that killed innocent bystanders just to sustain his own life. But then even spawn had a conscience. he tried to protect the people of the ally.

chuffy

darien_specter
11th Jul 2002, 02:16
I'd be surprised not to see it novellized when it's all done. That would be a monumental task... it often doesn't work well. For instance, Raymond E Feist wrote his Midkemia novels, which were very good. Then there was a game based on it, which was sort of entertaining... but then he wrote a novel of it, and it didn't turn out as well as his others. My mother said it read like a game. Hmmm...

chinese-soul-eater
11th Jul 2002, 02:45
yea thats a good idea

but it still might not be successful since last time i dint do that good

they would have to make it more interesting:D

Serul
11th Jul 2002, 08:13
Originally posted by Azuriel
Serul, i know you got talent. care to give that idea a try? `
would be interesting...

I'm no good with sequential art, when I draw a character I usally have a hard time drawing it again. So drawing a whole comic is a little impossible for me.

Otherwise I would give it a shot though.

Stone Cold
11th Jul 2002, 08:16
Serul, give it a try bro.
As Pinhead says in Hellraiser III.

"If you have a quality, you must define it. Whatever it is."

Serul
11th Jul 2002, 08:34
Well someday maybe. I have a lot of other stuff to do at the moment.

willow
11th Jul 2002, 11:30
They'd have to get someone who could draw worth a crap though.... the last comics art just made me laugh it was so bad....

Nyriel
16th Jul 2002, 15:50
I never saw the Top Cow comic, though would love to get hold of a copy.

I have often thought that an SR comic would be great and I think that Image would be the way to go - something in the style of Spawn or Witchblade - beautiful graphics that would do it justice.

FierceClaw
17th Jul 2002, 07:09
Greetings, True Believers!

I would love to see someone like Bryan Hitch draw a Soul Reaver comic. His work on The Ultimates is amazing (as is Mark Millar's, but I don't think his writing style would fit with LoK).

Excelsior!

PS Sorry, but I couldn't resist the Stan Lee-isms in a thread about comics :D.