PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2 Timeline (SPOILERS)

BadGuysAlwaysWin
10th Jul 2002, 03:18
Hey, I THINK I have another semi-proof why Blood Omen 2 is likely taking place in the alternate dimension:
Throughout Soul Reaver 2, Kain refers to those who are behind the scenes only as "them". "They" do this and "they" do that. Raziel even comments on it, and Kain merely continues about how "they" are a threat to them both. However, it is not until AFTER the altering of time at the very end of SR2 that Kain says "My God... The Hylden... We've walked right into their trap" (or some such). Why?
I believe it is because his past experiences were suddenly altered due to what he just did (thus new memories blooming in his mind). Consider: Janos Audren is brought BACK to life by Raziel, who is NOT able to hear out Kain's warning before falling into Spectral (that is what he says in the end, that Kain's warnings fell on deaf ears or something of the like). Thus, Vorador is NOT made into the main target during Moebius' purge. Vorador is able to survive his "execution", but witnesses Janos Audren's "death" (where, in reality, Janos is taken and hooked up to the Machine under Meridian). In rage over the SECOND death of his Master, Vorador joins forces with Kain and creates a Vampire Army for him. And thus, BO2, where Kain learns quickly of the Hylden and their plots and (apparently) foils them.
Before SR2, Kain might have had an inkling as to the existence of another force in Nosgoth, shaping the events of history as they wished. It is not until AFTER the change takes place that Kain is able to give a name to this force. And, since Janos was the tenth Guardian, perhaps his falling into the Demon Dimension gives the Hylden just the key they need to enter Nosgoth again (not necessarily directly: they could manipulate Raziel by taking control of Janos' body and misguiding ol Raz).
Think about it.

KainSyndrome101
10th Jul 2002, 05:11
That makes perfect sense. It is somewhat similar to my theory, but yours is more complete.

warpsavant
10th Jul 2002, 07:43
The more I think about it, the more I think BO2 is not effected by the end of Sr2. Janos death is why Vorador and Raz attack the Circle/Sarafan. We know that Vorador knows the Sarafan murdered Janos. He does not know he came back and was imprisoned in the device. In Bo2 V says "my sire, I thought they killed you," refering to the Sarafan ripping out his heart. He isnt refering to Janos getting imprisoned, he had no clue about that.

BadGuysAlwaysWin
10th Jul 2002, 07:45
ya warpsavant, in the "timeline" post, i just posted a big *** mini timeline showing what i honestly think happens. if u could read it? input helps a lot (as im planning on putting a lot of this stuff in my fan fic, which has switched directions in my mind)

Kain's Ancient Blade
10th Jul 2002, 22:27
I still think BloodOmen 2 is not an effected timeline. Why would Kain say"my god the Hylden we walked right into their trap" when he ends up kicking there stupid a$$es anyway. I think by altering there destinys Kain and Raziel cause some other incident with the Hylden perhaps permantly opening the demon dimension.

LOK series. MY anti-drug.

BadGuysAlwaysWin
10th Jul 2002, 22:56
My point is that he SAYS "my god the hylden". He never talks about the Hylden before history is changed, only refers to "them" and "they". And while he ended ONE Hylden plot, I highly doubt that the Hylden would quit so easily, ESPECIALLY after Janos Audren fell right into their hands. And remember that the SL wasn't killed, but fell into the Demon Dimension too (as far as I remember). What if, with Janos Audren in their hands, they are able to come up with a plot so sinister that it crushes Kain's Empire? Or who knows what? The future isn't important, just the facts that I'm stating.

KainSyndrome101
11th Jul 2002, 01:38
Actually, the Sarafan Lord did die.

"I have lived long enough to dispose of you."

After that, Kain impales him with the Soul Reaver, and then the whole place blows up. If he isn't dead, then he is one tough dude.

BadGuysAlwaysWin
11th Jul 2002, 02:27
sorry then lol. i couldnt remember the end