PDA

View Full Version : I can't get to that Wizards septaure in "The Mages Area".

Keeper Collins
9th Jul 2002, 22:56
I fllowed the guid for the word test and now know the word is dark.(But I figered that out before I got the walkthrough by proeesces of elimiantion and reloads) but the doors won't open for me!Could it be because I stepeed on some other runes and then back steped so I would'nt fall?If so then I'm going to have to start the whloe level over agian.If not is there still a way to open those doors?Other then that, I'll find the rest ofr the artafacts with the walkthough.

Nightwalker
10th Jul 2002, 01:37
A couple of times, I have run into people who hit a bug and those doors wouldn't open for them. We checked carefully to make sure they were doing it right, so it's possible that's your problem. It may be solved if you restart from an earlier save, but I can't say for sure, I'm afraid.

Vanguard
10th Jul 2002, 05:11
I originally thought the word was "dork". It's like doing a word puzzle test in that you can pretty much figure out where to jump that would spell out a viable word (or you could simply do repeated trial-and-die attempts and reloads) by jumping to see which tiles don't fall out). However, I got over to the doors they wouldn't open, either.

They won't open until Mike back in the zombie maze actually tells you the word. Go back to him after completing his first requirements, let him tell you the word, and then go back to the doors. Volume isn't too good on his speech and there's a lot of noise in the recording. It wasn't until I found the switch nearby to flip the "legend" wall plate to see what symbol represented what letters. Then I saw that the word was "dark" instead of "dork". I kinda like "dork" better.

Nightwalker
10th Jul 2002, 11:57
:D Very funny, Vanguard! The people I know who couldn't get the doors open had already been to see Mike, though and they still wouldn't open.