PDA

View Full Version : Should I bother with Chronicles?

Shockwave
9th Jul 2002, 18:33
hi everyone, I'm kind of new to this board, but I love it here! You people are all so nice! This place is so friendly.

Well, I just finished Tombraider the Last Revelation last night, and with Angel of Darkness coming out in (November?) should I buy Chronicles? That doesn't give me much time, so I don't know. Is it a good game? Is it a worth while game?

V_Croft
9th Jul 2002, 18:51
I liked TRC a lot. The environments are really nice, you learn many new things about Lara, etc. I'm re-playing it at the moment to get all the secrets. I think you should play it :D

P.S. My favourite TR is TRIII. You should play this one, too!

Shockwave
9th Jul 2002, 18:54
Thanks for the advice. I loved TR III too! I own it, but I liked the last revelation better. I guess I'll have to play Chronicles, I need some sort of tombraider to hold me over to AOD!! lol

V_Croft
9th Jul 2002, 19:02
Then you should get TRC. Or, you can play custom levels if you can install the level editor (you can borrow it from a friend). There are some really nice custom levels...

LarzBritsh
9th Jul 2002, 19:05
Originally posted by V_Croft
you can play custom levels if you can install the level editor (you can borrow it from a friend). There are some really nice custom levels...

illegal.

V_Croft
9th Jul 2002, 19:12
I know it's illegal, but he/she(?) doesn't have TRC+level editor yet... :o

Shockwave
9th Jul 2002, 19:14
ya, well burning a CD is illegal, everything relating to computers is illegal these days

LaraCroft_TombRaider
9th Jul 2002, 20:42
well,it's not like the police are going to call everyone who burns a cd illegally and arrest them! There are millions who are doing it.

CyCro
9th Jul 2002, 21:16
Hey guys, change the topic, this could get you some troubles here! ;)

Kristine@LIM
9th Jul 2002, 21:38
Have you played the others?? If so I would get TRC. It's not that long of a game so you should be done in plenty of time for AOD. It's a "good" game if you love TR..:)

thanhkim
10th Jul 2002, 05:48
Nah

LarzBritsh
10th Jul 2002, 06:25
Buying TRC is worth it just for the Level Editor. It's worth it if you like TR3 but easier.

Mr Sinster
10th Jul 2002, 08:20
I didn't like it as much as the others,but it was still fun.... :)

LARAMANIAC
10th Jul 2002, 09:29
I agree with Mr Sinister it's my least favourite Tombraider game but it's still worth a play and as you've said yourself it will tide you over until November!!!! So.................go for it!!!!!:p

Kurtis Trent
10th Jul 2002, 17:13
You should defintly buy it. It was a good short game. well actually I have 2 more levels to go, but still you should buy it.:D ;) :)

cjhilljack
10th Jul 2002, 21:13
Absolutely! It is a great game!

J.R.
12th Jul 2002, 20:34
IM STILL PLAYING IT
SO FAR ITS WORTH PLAYING

Shockwave
14th Jul 2002, 04:22
I've went to 6 stores in my city and none of them has Chronicles! ahh! I guess I'll have to go online for it :(

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 05:11
of course you need to go online for it.

Online stores have the best deals. But the shipping costs are really steep, they worth it though, when i ordered TRC online, i got it in 2 days!

TombLady
14th Jul 2002, 13:52
Hi, welcome to the forum!

TRC was my least favourite. It's too easy, too short(There are only 13 levels), and some puzzles are quite silly. However, the graphic's very nice and the story is intersting. They are kind of tracking down Lara's whole life...So if you are a Lara diehard, you should try it ;)

Shockwave
15th Jul 2002, 17:46
Thanks tomblady!

I've never ordered anything online before, I live in Canada, so what's a good site to order Chronicles from?

TombLady
16th Jul 2002, 00:05
Try www.amazon.com or www.tombnews.com/estore.
You will find much info in Yahoo shopping, too.
Have a nice day & raid on!