PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Tomb Raider Experience!!

Godfather
9th Jul 2002, 17:03
One of my biggest sins is that I'm a HUUUGE Tomb Raider-fanatic ... so big that I'm convinced that Lara Croft really does exist! :)

Before playing the 6th Tomb Raider-game "The Angel of Darkness" (and actually the 7th, because I consider "Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact" to be an official game as well, but since it's rather a part of Tomb Raider III than a game on itself, it's safe to refer to it as the 6th Tomb Raider-game instead), I wanted to play all official Tomb Raider-games one more time straight after each other (whenever I have some spare time, because I DO work from 8.30 until 17.00) - Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III and Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation and Tomb Raider: Chronicles. :cool: :cool:

By playing them as one big game, I'll be able to enjoy "Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness" much more than ever before. Emotionally, I'll be much closer to the whole situation, because I've just witnessed what has happened to our beloved Lara Croft.

This entire series of Tomb Raider-games which I play as one enormous game, I prefer to call it:" The Ultimate Tomb Raider Experience". Does this sound stupid to you and do I sound crazy to you? Have you ever done this or tried to do this? Or am I the only one who's so dedicated to this wonderful lady? :rolleyes:

Tell me ... :D

I'll be reading your reactions (when I'm not playing Tomb Raider-games; that is). ;) :p

LARAMANIAC
9th Jul 2002, 17:07
Crazy - maybe!:p Stupid - no!:p Sounds like a good idea to me!!! A sort of preparation for the next act!!!!:p I am currently playing TRI & TRII again for much the same reasons as you have quoted!!! I too hope to find the time to replay all the games before November!! So if this makes you crazy then so am I!!!:p

the_internet_king
9th Jul 2002, 17:14
:D isnt tr1 gold and tr2 golden mask also like tr lost artifact .......

i tryed 2 play them all 2 gether but i couldnt bebothered 2 go all the way throught the temple of xiam again so i sorta gave up but i wil try agoin hehe;) :p

LarzBritsh
9th Jul 2002, 17:38
Try playing all the custom levels every made. Now that's the ultimate TR experience.

cacat
9th Jul 2002, 20:38
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
Try playing all the custom levels every made. Now that's the ultimate TR experience.

Godfather
11th Jul 2002, 18:41
ALL of the custom Tomb Raider-levels ever made? What? You think I'm some sort of a freak?!!!! ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Never mind 'bout that one ... I am. :D :D

fourletterword
11th Jul 2002, 18:56
Originally posted by Godfather
ALL of the custom Tomb Raider-levels ever made?
./That's a real good idea. :)

cacat
11th Jul 2002, 20:07
Originally posted by cacat
I have finnally found out how to play the part i was asking help for. thanks---godfather

Godfather
11th Jul 2002, 21:44
Err ... what exactly is it that I did? :o

jay2
11th Jul 2002, 21:53
Great minds think alike GODFATHER.I started about a month ago,i am now near the end of TR2 Golden Mask.this is the 3rd time i have played thru all TR's.
NOW I FEEL LIKE A FREAK!

THE True Lara
11th Jul 2002, 21:54
I tried doing that trick last year, but got side tracked by something or other 2 levels from the end of TR2 and didn't get back to playing until the beginning of this year, then a few levels into TR3 I bought MYST 3: Exile and got side tracked again, after I'd finished that I started another website, and well, I haven't been back to TR3 since... :S :eek: oops...

I hope you have better luck :)

LarzBritsh
11th Jul 2002, 21:56
not to be off topic but

Myst 3: Exile, Man!! What a frustration-fest.

More frustrating than TR3.

Godfather
11th Jul 2002, 22:07
Originally posted by jay2
Great minds think alike GODFATHER.I started about a month ago,i am now near the end of TR2 Golden Mask.this is the 3rd time i have played thru all TR's.
NOW I FEEL LIKE A FREAK!

Great mind * GODFATHER

Hmm, I like that very much! You seem like a really nice guy with a great sense of intelligence!! ;)

jay2
12th Jul 2002, 22:54
Originally posted by Godfather

Great mind * GODFATHER

Hmm, I like that very much! You seem like a really nice guy with a great sense of intelligence!! ;)

thank you.i have my moments

Godfather
12th Jul 2002, 23:53
Originally posted by jay2

thank you.i have my moments

:D rare as they are; they're always funny ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I guess. :rolleyes:

RaidRs Revenge
13th Jul 2002, 01:35
Ive always viewed 1 through 3 as one big game I titled it...The adventures of Lara Croft. LR is like the official Sequel and Chronicles is its gold edition. so to be technicel...this is really Tomb Raider 3.

Godfather
13th Jul 2002, 10:34
Originally posted by RaidRs Revenge
Ive always viewed 1 through 3 as one big game I titled it...The adventures of Lara Croft. LR is like the official Sequel and Chronicles is its gold edition. so to be technicel...this is really Tomb Raider 3.

Makes sense :p

Godfather
20th Jul 2002, 20:24
So far I've finished Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III!

I'm not going to play any of the Tomb Raider-gold levels as I simply do not consider them to be part of the official Tomb Raider-saga (although I stated otherwise about Tomb Raider: The Lost artifact in the very first reply of this thread.) To me personally: the ultimate Tomb Raider-experience contains five episodes: TR, TRII, TRIII, TRLR and TRC!

RaidRs Revenge said in one of the most recent replies: "I've always viewed 1 through 3 as one big game I titled it ... The adventures of Lara Croft. LR is like the official sequel and Chronicles is its gold edition. So to be technical ... Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is really Tomb Raider 3.

That was the first time I had heard something like that and I didn't think that was so bad. :D

Anyway, I nearly finished the entire Tomb Raider-saga and so far a few things have come to my mind when playing all of the Tomb Raider-games after each other.

(possible spoilers)
First of all: if you don't have any matches anymore, you can still have light when you have the bazooka. Just fire one of those bombs and there's light ... only for a moment; though. :cool: :D

And what do you think is the hardest of all BIG BOSSES? I think the beast from TRI is the easiest and the dragon from TRII is the hardest. The spider from TRIII can be hard if you don't run hard enough and time your running and shooting, because you could fall into the lava pitt or you could be shot by the spider (and man! It doesn't shoot much, but when it does!! Phew!! Close call!)

So, if anyone feels like saying something ... be my guest! :)

JohnnyZ
20th Jul 2002, 21:39
good idea! i'm gonna start playing all of them again, i c'ant wait to Play TR1 cos believe it or not ive only played it once! :eek:

Godfather
21st Jul 2002, 11:45
So, do you still know the way, you think?

And: if you really wanna play the Tomb Raider-games as it's supposed to ... don't do the trick with the weapons-cheat, ya know! :( ... it's too easy!

TombRaiderChik
21st Jul 2002, 14:23
thas an awesum idea!! i wish i culd do that too...tr 1 and 2 dont work for me anymore :(:(

Ann-Marie
24th Jul 2002, 18:28
Well your´re not alone. I´m at Last revelation right now. Just doing the same thing, refreshing the old games waiting for the next, so you´re not a freak,
Keep up the good spirit!!!