PDA

View Full Version : NEW GAME / NG+ - General Discussion & Q&A Thread

crimzontearz
29th Aug 2016, 21:27
Hi guys, just a quick question.

Is NG+ repeatable or a "one time thing"?

Does the NG+ run progress stack if I do a NG++ run?

We have been hearing contradicting thing in this regard. Some say the progress never stacks, other say that you have to delete all saved content after poring your progress to USB drive and then trick the system into thinking you have just finished the game, others say the game asks you to over write the save file for the NG+ at the end of a NG+ run thus staking the progress.

Some of us in other forums are fairly confused.

Mrhonshu
30th Aug 2016, 02:04
I am really confused I have beaten the game twice and every time I start another new game plus it starts me off with everything I had from my first playthrough. I want to know if you can transfer all of your augments and weapons over into another new game plus

crimzontearz
30th Aug 2016, 07:22
I just made a similar thread

Are you not asked before the credits roll to over write your NG+ save?

Have you tried wiping off the NG+ system save (after backing up only your current progression save file on usb) and finishing your current ng+ run to let the game generate a brand new ng+ file?

Mrhonshu
30th Aug 2016, 18:42
The problem is I am playing on Xbox one and I don't know how to copy a certain save file to a usb and it doesn't ask me to save over my new game plus save before the credits

crimzontearz
30th Aug 2016, 23:32
The problem is I am playing on Xbox one and I don't know how to copy a certain save file to a usb and it doesn't ask me to save over my new game plus save before the credits

Indeed, that is what we were told but there is a person who has posted a Screenshot of that so I don't know what is going on

crimzontearz
1st Sep 2016, 09:40
Bump

No, seriously, is square-enix even aware that this is an issue? Why is there no response from the devs? There are a LOT of people asking this.

Irishdexy
1st Sep 2016, 13:13
Started my 3rd Play through now on NG+ and it only takes my save, augs etc from the first time I played through. I don't think you can do a NG++ :(

crimzontearz
1st Sep 2016, 13:40
If that is the general consensus (The devs do not want to allow NG++ and so on) then I am likely going to wait and buy the game used or borrow it.

Why does it seem so hard for developers to get NG+ right?

bushwacka666
3rd Sep 2016, 08:44
One thing I can't find clarification on so maybe someone here might know: what about the "one time only" consumables being offered through the Season Pass or standalone purchases? For example:

- If extra purchased Praxis Kits were in storage during your first playthrough but you just leave them there and don't use it, I'm assuming that wouldn't still be there in a NG+?

- However, if for example somebody were to use those extra Praxis Kits to unlock or upgrade some augs during the first playthrough, surely said unlocks/upgrades would then carry over to a NG+?

cry201
4th Sep 2016, 15:47
Bump, and to add:

Has anyone been able to reset the typhoon aug on a new game run, after choosing lethal vs. non-lethal on a previous game? I can't, and it would be great to be able to switch it from different playthroughs.

hekoone
4th Sep 2016, 18:59
Thanks to pre-order/first mission items taking place in my inventory with force, I lost the modded combat rifle AND the modded stun gun.....

crimzontearz
5th Sep 2016, 01:47
Ok so, seriously....

NO ANSWERS AT ALL?

wtf?

MrRomanticGameGuy
5th Sep 2016, 12:34
On Playstation 4 you can only use the first New Game+. I deleted the Migration Savegame for New Game+ and it doesn't generate a new one after Finnishing New Game+.

It think it's aim because there was a patch and they didn't fixed it and they want to sell Praxis Kits and Credits for Money. With infinite New Game+ you dont't Need them to buy. ^^

crimzontearz
6th Sep 2016, 00:38
On Playstation 4 you can only use the first New Game+. I deleted the Migration Savegame for New Game+ and it doesn't generate a new one after Finnishing New Game+.

It think it's aim because there was a patch and they didn't fixed it and they want to sell Praxis Kits and Credits for Money. With infinite New Game+ you dont't Need them to buy. ^^

The sad thing is that you are right...