PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] TF29 elevator crash

MokNok_
27th Aug 2016, 09:38
Hello everyone.

While returning to TF29 base to complete side quest, I received a call from Alex to meet here at the limb clinic.
While going down in the elevator, halfway, the game crashed.
I also made M5 to see if by returning to base TF29 for main quest whould force the game to load the base.

I tried this several times:

after closing the game and reloading;
after turning off PS4 and turning it back ON;
after reinstalling back the game;

Unfortunatelly that didn't work.

Still I'm able to play the side quests, but can't proceed with main story, because every time I take the elevator to TF29, the game crashes.

Also I had another problem after reinstalling and downloading the patch.
In the main menu when proceeding with story and continue my screen darkened and the game threw up this error message:

Cannot load content because title is not fully installed. Please wait for the content to finish installing and try again.

Then it threw me back to the game's main menu. I tried multiple times to get past this point, and restarted the PS4, but the game still errored and wouldn't let me proceed.

The only saved game that could be opened was the one saved during Dubai mission.

I installed again and downloaded for the third time the patch, and uploaded manually my previous saves in the cloud (which should be done automatically).
The following day I checked in the notification list of PS4, no files was uploaded.
I started the game to give a last try before restarting the story.
Somehow previous saves that couldn't be opened due to "not fully installed" message, now can be opened.

But unfortunately the TF29 elevator crash is still there.

Could someone confirm the same problem?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

metamorphyse
27th Aug 2016, 14:03
It's a known issue on all platforms,...
I have the same issue on PC, no fix yet.

MokNok_
28th Aug 2016, 14:03
It's a known issue on all platforms,...
I have the same issue on PC, no fix yet.
Good to hear that is a known Issue.

Hope they fix it as soon as possible

spacebarkid
30th Aug 2016, 23:51
Having the exact same issue on PS4. Returning to the TF29 base (Returning from getting the device for smiley & needing to see the psyche), go down the elevator and it crashes, every time, with the CE-34878-0 error. Followed the instructions shared via Squenix to uninstall/reinstall game, and then re-initialise the PS4 OS. Re-downloaded everything and it doesn't work. Really, really frustrating, as I adore this game :'(

Is there any word on when this is getting patched? Or a workaround? Because it is unplayable until then and I'm not restarting...

@MokNok I had the same "Cannot load content because title is not fully installed" error as you. I assume you had the Day One with all the DLC stuff? It just means you need to download all that content again first, before loading, since you've used it in your game.
You should also be able to pull down your PS4 saves manually from the Settings > Manage Application Saved Data option. I doubt it shows up in uploading.

MokNok_
31st Aug 2016, 16:44
@MokNok I had the same "Cannot load content because title is not fully installed" error as you. I assume you had the Day One with all the DLC stuff? It just means you need to download all that content again first, before loading, since you've used it in your game.
You should also be able to pull down your PS4 saves manually from the Settings > Manage Application Saved Data option. I doubt it shows up in uploading.

yes, I had the problems with the saved files. Somehow I managed to solve the problem.
I continued the gamplay from where I stop, but unfortunately now I have to go down the TF29 base... so I'm stuck with the story, because it continus to crash.

MokNok_
1st Sep 2016, 20:25
Unfortunately with the new patch the problem with the elevator is still present.
The game still crashes

mayers201
2nd Sep 2016, 04:50
Unfortunately with the new patch the problem with the elevator is still present.
The game still crashes

I confirm that I have also

spacebarkid
3rd Sep 2016, 00:51
Still crashes in the exact same spot and the exact same way ��

JoushMark
3rd Sep 2016, 22:05
Hello everyone.

While returning to TF29 base to complete side quest, I received a call from Alex to meet here at the limb clinic.
While going down in the elevator, halfway, the game crashed.
I also made M5 to see if by returning to base TF29 for main quest whould force the game to load the base.

I tried this several times:

after closing the game and reloading;
after turning off PS4 and turning it back ON;
after reinstalling back the game;

Unfortunatelly that didn't work.

Still I'm able to play the side quests, but can't proceed with main story, because every time I take the elevator to TF29, the game crashes.

Also I had another problem after reinstalling and downloading the patch.
In the main menu when proceeding with story and continue my screen darkened and the game threw up this error message:

Cannot load content because title is not fully installed. Please wait for the content to finish installing and try again.

Then it threw me back to the game's main menu. I tried multiple times to get past this point, and restarted the PS4, but the game still errored and wouldn't let me proceed.

The only saved game that could be opened was the one saved during Dubai mission.

I installed again and downloaded for the third time the patch, and uploaded manually my previous saves in the cloud (which should be done automatically).
The following day I checked in the notification list of PS4, no files was uploaded.
I started the game to give a last try before restarting the story.
Somehow previous saves that couldn't be opened due to "not fully installed" message, now can be opened.

But unfortunately the TF29 elevator crash is still there.

Could someone confirm the same problem?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Exact same problem as you. It's in the Known Problems post as..

"Crash in TF29 elevator when bringing DSD back to Smiley
This issue is currently under investigation."

That's been known apparently from release day, but there's no fix or workaround.

Anferknee
7th Sep 2016, 01:06
it's been an issue for two weeks now and no solution, what a joke

petebouwel
11th Sep 2016, 19:26
Crash in TF29 elevator when bringing DSD back to Smiley
On PC, this issue has been fixed.
On consoles, our next patch, currently scheduled for September 23rd, will include a fix for this issue.
Source (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190793)

Like, i'm going to have to wait 10+ days to play a game i just bought? WTF?

MokNok_
12th Sep 2016, 20:38
With the new patch, the issue has been solved.
At least in my game.